Yikes! The weight is coming off way too fast!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
~Constance~
I gained about 30 lbs during my pregnancy. When they weighed in my little Hoss at 9lbs 1 oz I knew I'd be down at least 12lbs my first day. But now I'm 1 week postpartum and I'm down 20lbs! I'm eating 5 full meals a day and mostly sitting on the couch, holding and nursing the baby and sleeping. It took a month to lose 20lbs with my first two kiddos. I'm not trying to lose and I don't want to lose yet!
I think I'd better make those monster cookies after all and have some everyday with a big old glass of milk.
September 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could have the same problem after I deliver! But I know that you were worried about it, since you're so tiny to begin with.

The monster cookies are delish-yummy PB! and an awesome way to boost your supply too.
September 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Constance - is it effecting your milk supply? I lost fast and a lot with DS, but it never effected my supply. I know you are a small person anyway, but don't worry too much about it if it isn't effecting your supply. Or call a LC or OB and ask if you should do something differently.

September 18th, 2010, 05:53 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I gained 35 pounds -- I've already lost close to 20 pounds and Betsy is only 1.5 weeks old. I'm not actively trying to lose the weight (and like you, all I'm doing is sitting on the couch, snuggling and feeding her), but I have noticed that my hunger is virtually gone. I'm only eating because I know I HAVE TO eat, not because I'm super hungry.

I know I shouldn't complain, because the weight is coming off so easily, but like you I'm worried that it will have an adverse effect on my milk supply. I guess I should look into those monster cookies too! (And remind me of this in a couple of months when I'm complaining that I can't lose the last 10 pounds of preggo weight!)
September 18th, 2010, 06:21 AM
~Constance~
Thanks gals. I'm probably worrying over nothing, again!
So far so good on the milk supply. I made oatmeal bars and have had them every day this week. It seems to help a lot. Lost another 2 lbs this week though.
I know what you mean about not being hungry Amy. It's annoying forcing myself to eat. I forced myself to eat 4 pieces of pizza last night. It was really good but I was satisfied with just two pieces.
If I keep losing like this I'm going to start tracking calories again to make sure I'm getting enough. I'm pretty sure I am though, since I'm eating 4-5 meals a day.
September 19th, 2010, 02:37 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Hopefully it won't affect your supply. As of 3 weeks ppd, I have lost all 30 lbs that I gained during this pregnancy andy supply has not been affected at all. I do have more weight that I want to lose, but I'm not watching what I eat or anything right now.

September 19th, 2010, 07:16 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in a similar boat, except I'm only pumping a few times a day to supplement his formula. At my 1 week appointment I was down below my pre-pregnancy weight (but my prepreggo weight was high for me) and now I've lost even more. I'm dehydrated, my skin is always dry no matter what lotions I use and even though I only pump minimally I've noticed a difference in my supply. I'm half-thinking if I start walking at least I'll have some muscle tone to my skinny but now flabby body. Gonna go look up the monster cookie recipe right now

September 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was also surprised by how fast pounds came off. I was 15 lb down when I came home from the hospital and 5 more pounds down now. I have got about 15 more to go. I never thought it would come off as easy. My mild supply is ok so far, but I am going to start watching it closely. Those cookies sound good~

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As long as your supply is still ok - i wouldn't worry - you're body will do what it wants and needs. (i wish i had your problem but i do know how hard it can be to be on either end of it!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search