Jessa's Birth Story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2010, 05:54 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
August 25th, Wednesday I felt kind of strange all day, very anxious, but never imagined I would have my water break on it's own later on. Dh had been home for 3 days, his new job he is out of town for 2 weeks and then home for one week. So I don't see him for 14 days. We were trying to schedule my induction around when he was off since this is my last and his first. We joked when he came home wouldn't it be funny if she came today..which was the first day he was home. Of course she didn't.

So back to Wednesday night we went to bed, I woke up to pee it was 3am , one of my 4 nightly trips lol, I was peeing in the boys bathroom so I could check on the boys and I went to get up and a little more came out..but it didn't feel like it came from there.. but I was half asleep so figured hey I guess I just peed some more. I got up from the toilet and some more went down my leg. At that point I was WIDE awake. I KNEW my water had broken..even though I didnt know for sure since it has never happened. If that makes sense. So I walk back into our bedroom turned the hall light on and said MIKE, he is usually a very hard sleeper and I said his name in a normal tone, but for whatever reason he jumped up right out of bed. I said "I think my water broke" we went back and forth about it for a minute, I told him I heard it helps to lay down then get back up and see if you gush anymore..so I do that and when I stand back up it comes out again. I then go into the bathroom in our room and I am standing there and its just steadily coming out on the floor and I tell him, " I sure hope I am not standing here peeing myself" as there was a puddle now on the floor. I didn't have my bags packed nor did DH, so we start getting things together, he is new to this so I am telling him to get certain things I know he would normally forget. lol. I call my mom and she's like are you sure your in labor? I said I am not feeling any contractions but when you call my ob they tell you to automatically go in when your water breaks. So we wake the boys up and get everyone ready and in the truck. We live a hour from the hospital so it was a long drive. I asked Mike if he was getting nervous and he said yes, lol. Dropped the boys off and got to the hospital around 5am. The ob triage was completely empty, all I am thinking is SWEET!!! So we got a room within a hour, in the meantime they had me hooked up to the contraction monitor and they said I was having contractions I just wasn't feeling them. I was also only 3cm and 50% effaced.

We get into our room and we wait it out for a few hours, Dh goes and picks up his mom from work. We are all just hanging out, they come back to check me and I am still a 3 no progress and my contractions are very spread apart and not coming like there supposed to. They tell me they are going to start pitocin and I can have the epidural at anytime. So I choose to have the epidural placed a few minutes after they start the pit drip. The epidural man ..lol was GREAT. Didn't hurt going in and worked great.. for awhile anyway. So we were on the pit drip for a few hours still was not progressing. Still a 3 and I was getting frustrated. A nurse comes in and recommends I flip on my side, that sometimes that helps. So we turn to my left side, contractions are coming fast and hard by then. I can really FEEL them by this point. I also started to notice at this point that I could feel my legs and by that I mean, it felt like I had NO epi! I started feeling the full contraction, not just pressure but pain! I can nOT handle pain medication so I refused any pain meds. So from then on it was pretty much being in labor naturally with nothing to help the pain, the epi stopped working at that point. I had DH call the nurse bc the pain was getting to be unbearable. She checked me again it wasn't even 30 mins after turning to my left side and I went from a 3.5 cm dilated to 9cm dilated. So then she had me flip to my right side, I am holding the rail on the bed and I have a death grip on it. I am shaking and trying to do the breathing crap, nothing is helping at this point. Mike is by my side the whole time, he is looking pretty scared by then. 10 minutes pass I tell them to come back and check me bc it is TIME, I am in pain, I feel the baby is right freaking there She checks and I'm a 10. She tells me to do some practice pushes, which I do , which brings her down more and I am holding back some blood curdling screams. I won't lie it was the most painful thing EVER. The dr finally gets in there and she is taking her sweet time getting everything on and I'm like hurry the hell up.

Dr. finally gets in position and I start truly pushing. aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it hurt!!!! I am squeezing Dh's hand off and she was born within 3-4 pushes. I tore in 3 places, two of which were up both sides of my pp hole, for whatever reason I always rip upwards, never down.
She was a screamer , her numbers were a 9/9
I am really surprised by her lack of hair. She has hair just not as much as my boys and its blonde..something new for me.
She was 7lbs 9oz and 19 and a quarter long.
She is a very good baby and Dh is beyond in love with her. In the hospital and when we got home, he never put her down, he changed all the diapers, fed her, dressed her and burped her.
Like I mentioned he works out of town, so it is amazing she was born on his week off, if she wouldn't of been born then, he would of missed her birth.
He calls her every night and talks to her. His nickname for her is little bear. I'm momma bear and he is daddy bear. I love it. He is a amazing father to her and my two boys. He texts me every day and tells me how he can't wait to hold her, feed her, etc. He misses being here so much. He sent me a letter telling me how when he is home, I can rest as much as I need to and he will take care of all three kids and for me to relax while he is home. Ahhh how did I get so lucky to have such an amazing family.
Thanks for reading my birth story

Last edited by LifenTheFastLane; September 12th, 2010 at 05:59 PM.
September 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
~Constance~
Great story!! You did an awesome job!
September 16th, 2010, 03:03 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
U did wonderful!!! it was a great story with a sweet end!!!
September 16th, 2010, 04:04 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Awesome job momma bear!!! I know it must be hard with him out of town. I am amazed st your strength!

September 19th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl!
September 19th, 2010, 02:53 PM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Congrats!! Great story! Jessa was born on the 26th then right? I was on my way to the hospital at 3 a.m. on the 26th to have Jack!! We were almost on the same track! What time was she born? Jack was born at 10:58 a.m.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
September 19th, 2010, 08:36 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Awwwww....it's so amazing to see how the menfolk react to the babies! Congrats on your precious Jessa!
September 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carters Mommy View Post
Congrats!! Great story! Jessa was born on the 26th then right? I was on my way to the hospital at 3 a.m. on the 26th to have Jack!! We were almost on the same track! What time was she born? Jack was born at 10:58 a.m.
She wasn't born until 5:58 pm
September 21st, 2010, 04:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wonderful story! Congratulations!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 23rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
beautiful birth <3 congrats mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search