Rachel Lynne's birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a scheduled c-section so I knew ahead of time that I'd be giving birth on Thursday, Sept 9th. We had to be at the hospital at 11:30 AM for our 1 PM surgery so we packed up the last of our things and dropped my son off at my parents house around 10:30 AM and then started for the hospital.

Once at the hospital I was checked in and taken to a small triage room to get prepped. I had two nurses working with me who were really nice and did a good job taking my mind off of what was about to happen. I got shaved, took my drink of antacid, and watched the baby's heartbeat on the monitor. At 1 PM I walked with the nurses into the OR. The spinal wasn't terrible but it seemed to hurt a lot more this time then what I remember from my first c-section. Once the spinal was in I needed help getting my legs on the table because they were already numb. The curtin went up and my DH was allowed to come in and sit with me. I had quite a bit of scar tissue from my first c-section so it took a bit longer then normal to get to the baby. At 1:31 PM after a lot of tugging and even help from a vaccum Rachel Lynne was born. She waited a good minute or two before crying her head off so at least this time I was able to hear the doctor tell me what we had. I spent the next 15 minutes with my head looking to the side so I could watch Rachel get weighed and cleaned off. She was tiny and I couldn't believe that the scale said she was only 7 lbs 9 oz (my son was 9 lbs 1 oz). Rachel's apgar scores were 8 and 9 and she was pink and beautiful right away.

My doctor finished stitching me up and I was wheeled into recovery while Rachel went to the nursery for a bath. I was very cold after the surgery and it took a good hour or so for me to stop shivering. The nurses were super nice to me and were trying to make sure Rachel got brought down to my room as soon as possible but there were several emergencies that afternoon and they got a bit busy. Rachel was brought to me around 3:45 PM and I held her until I got a bit dizzy and passed her off to DH. We didn't get to move to our room until after 5 PM and by then my parents and son were in the waiting room dying to see Rachel. Drew came in first and was so sweet with his sister. Drew loves to kiss her and "pet" her head. I was able to get a lot of cute pictures of the two of them together because Drew didn't want to let her go. Then my parents and my in laws arrived and things got a bit busy. The rest of my hospital stay was uneventful and I got to leave on Sunday morning. Rachel is nursing like a champ and things couldn't be any better.

Rachel Lynne
7 lbs 9 oz
20 inches long
born at 1:31 PM on 9/9/10

September 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
she is adorable!!! so glad that everything went well!
enjoy your expanded family!!
September 16th, 2010, 03:50 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
September 19th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl! I'm glad the BFing is ging well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search