made a fool out of myself

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so i have been trying so hard to bf. i have stopped supplementing b/c Drake is now at 6lb 12 oz. last night dh, mil, and my aunt were at my house while Drake was throwing a fit. my dh kept telling me to just go ahead and give an oz of formula and then his mom and my aunt chimed in w/ agreement. Well we had had a rough day as Drake had some standard test done that they had to poke him the foot for and made him quite fussy all day. so dh just wanted to give a him a quick fix i am sure. but when i told him and the others no he just kept pushing me and asking what the big deal was. i ended up freaking out and cussing at him. i grabbed the baby from mil and ran in Drake's room. Sure enough he was not hungry (i had just recently fed him) he just wanted to latch on like i was a paci and he fell asleep. i would have gone to do this initially but was just feeling stampeded. also i love my aunt who has been staying w me to help and came to Tx from ID to do this but all this company is so overwhelming right now and all these opinions too. Then to top it all off, dh comes in the room and i am thinking he will want to kind of apologize or work it out and instead he tells me i should stop bf'ing if it is going to all upset me so much and suggests i take medication!! I do tend to get angrier then most people, i agree, but i think in this scenerio it was warranted as i felt no one was respecting what i am trying to do here. If i decide to stop bf'ing at some point then at least i can say i tried to give it my all.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
September 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
You did not make a fool out of yourself!! You stood up for yourself!

September 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh noooo he did not suggest u stop bfing and maybe take some medication!!!!

Im sorry I cant believe he would say something like that!!!

Im not coming down on him...sometimes men just dont know how to handle things in a proper way

I guess i need a double dose of that medication because id be livid if FOB told me to stop doing something that is beneficial for my baby just because hes not liking my moment of attitude!! I would think it sounded like not only is he trying to quick fix the baby with formula so he doesnt have to hear it...but hes also trying to quick fix me with medication so he doesnt have to hear it!!!

Lol Then again Ive a got a bit of a redhead temper and can be a bit of a handful lol

I think u handled it well and admire u for keeping urself together as much as u did!!! Good Job!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you for not giving in. It's so important to have support when you are breastfeeding and it sounds like you don't have any IRL. Sometimes Rayne wants to just latch on to calm herself and fall asleep too. She has a pacifier but she doesn't like it as much.

September 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
It really doesn't sound like you over reacted much to me. It sounds kind of like you were getting "ganged up" on a bit by the three of them...I think its good you stood up for what you believed to be right for your baby.

September 14th, 2010, 11:46 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
You keep breastfeeding for as long as you feel you want to. That is something between you and your child. And as far as them suggesting you just give him an oz to shush him... You know better and you did the right thing. Breastfeeding isn't easy and it's a learning curve for everyone involved.

Keep up the good work!!!

September 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! It's hard when the people closest to you don't support BF.
September 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I wouldn't say you made a fool of yourself. I'm sorry that they are not being supportive of your decision to breastfeed. Are there any support groups in your area? I go to a local weekly breastfeeding support group and it is very helpful.

September 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you overreacted either, good job for sticking with it! You can do it, the first few weeks can be really hard, but it gets so much easier! Plus you never have to take bottles and formula anywhere, one less thing to pack! Hang in there.
September 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it sounds to me like you stood up for yourself as well. I'm sorry they're not being too supportive of your choices but am proud of you for not giving in!
September 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
I'd remind you first that you had Drake only 2 weeks ago!! You still have ALOT of hormones raging around in there! Your DH is lucky he only got cussed at!

Keep on breastfeeding as long as YOU want to -- I know I cried when I stopped feeding Finn, even though I really didn't have much of a milk supply left in there (and he was 10 months old). But I still cried.

I've had a few times where Roan has latched on for a 5 minute "snack" to fall asleep. So be it. I'm always willing and waiting to feed him.

September 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I'm all about formula and meds, personally...BUT...if YOU want to breastfeed...THAT IS YOUR CHOICE! And they should back you up on whatever you decide. Stick with it if that's what you want to do...and if he is using you as a paci, it sounds like he needs momma...cuz YOU know best and he knows that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search