Long day yesterday-*Long post*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost internet connection over the weekend b/c we got a new wireless router and our internet provider finally helped us get up and running today...so much has happened on here since I was last on...
Here's an update on me. I was due yesterday. I had a NST scheduled and then an OB appt after that. The baby's HR was in the 160-80 range for over an hour. She was extremely active during that time (like she usually is) but they sent me to L&D for more observation since she stayed so high. My doc came and talked to me for 10 seconds, and said if they do send me home, to come see him at the end of the week.
So, I went to L&D. My nurse was a new nurse in training..she was nice but yeah...anyways...they hooked me up to the monitor and her HR was a little slower but still high. A 1st year resident came in and asked some questions. The OB on call ordered a biophysical profile, so I had that done yesterday (it was scheduled for today, but it kind of worked out, since DH was there he got to see baby). She got an 8/8 on her score for the biophys. Her HR eventually went down, and the doctor said since the HR went down and she had two accelerations in 20 minutes he said I could go home. ( I never actually saw him, this was over the phone) I asked if they knew if I was dilated or if someone would check. The nurse went and got another resident, who told me they don't check unless you're bleeding, leaking fluid, or having contractions (which apparently I wasn't).
So we left, extremely frustrated, and 10 minutes later they called me and told me I needed to come back in. Apparently at the end of the strip there were two decelerations that they didn't see before I left, and they wanted to monitor me some more. By this time I'd already been there for 5 hours and was hungry and frustrated...this just made me more mad. But whatever. We went back in, they hooked me up for 20 more minutes, and there weren't any more decels. The one before was during a contraction (turns out I was having a few) so the nurse thought it was fine, but they wanted to be sure. She asked if I was feeling any contractions, and I said no. I asked if I was having some, and she said there were two during the last 20 minutes.
So, my original appt. was 1:10, and I finally left the hospital for good at 7pm. On my due date. And I'm still pregnant
My next appt. with my doc is on friday morning. Hopefully we can get things rolling soon...I'm pretty much ready to be done with this all.
Oh, but on a positive note, baby Kylee is a cutie! She has my cheeks and nose, and Lester's big lips. She's estimated at 8lbs 3 oz Her head is wedged in my left groin, her butt is up under my right side, and her feet are on the left, under the ribs.
September 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Go home and rest, maybe you'll get to go back later today or tomorrow!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search