Let's all hug our babies/bellies

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
in memory of sweet baby Otis. After reading Sarah's update my heart is so full for her. Tears are running down my cheeks and onto my sweet baby's as he nurses. I can not imagine the pain and heartbreak that her and her family are going through.
These past 6 days, for me, have seemed so overwhelming. I cry because I never sleep anymore. I cry because my nipples are so sore. I cry because it will never be just me and DH again. But after reading Sarah's post, it really put all of my "miseries" into perspective. I have a baby. I have someone to keep me awake. Someone to nurse so much that it causes me pain. Someone who is the perfect mixture of me and my wonderful husband. I have a child and as much as I am experiencing the "baby blues" and wish for my old life back I absolutely can not feel sorry for myself when one of our own mommies is going through what she is going through right now.
So let's take a moment and hug our babies or bellies and be thankful that we have been given this opportunity. The opportunity to experience such joy and love. It may be hard for us at times, but in the end it's so worth it. To look at our precious little one's face and see him smile.
My heart is just breaking for you Sarah. Rest assured that you will be on my mind, heart and in my prayers for a very very long time. I also thank you for giving me this renewed vigor to be a better mother to my baby. I don't know you personally, but you have forever changed my life with your story of beautiful Otis' much too short life.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

September 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
I agree, and my heart is broken for her. I thought nothing was worse than the baby blues, but how hard it must be to say goodbye as well.

September 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
extra hugs to our babies and bellies - sending thoughts of love too to Sarah and her hubby and their sweet angle baby Otis
September 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Gavin had been in the swing and when i read sarah's post i just need to hug him.
so grateful he is here and ok
angered that someone like sarah is beening made to live every mothers nightmare

little otis has touched so many in his short life, his memory and story will live on forever in so many people
September 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
mothra's Avatar Martha
Amen

September 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Angel_Maker
Great post Kat....I don't have a baby or a belly to hug, but I've had a long conversation with my boys today and I'm sure that by now they have found sweet baby Otis, and my prayer is that they are playing happily together

I have tears in my eyes as I write this because I absolutely did not want this to happen to another one of our mamas. We've had so many losses and it is just so unfair. My heart breaks for her as it does for all of the other BLMs. Life is just so cruel sometimes. I pray that she finds the strength to make it through

Ladies, I'm praying for the safe deliveries of all the remaining babies in our DDC. I love you girls
September 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Gemum
Amen to all said. I can't add anything else. Love you all
September 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I cannot quit crying....my heart is broken for Sarah. In pieces. Amen to this post.....my sweet baby girl is with my Aunt right now so I could get some sleep. I just wanna hug her. When she awakens the many times she probably will tonight I promise to just be THANKFUL. Life can be really hard to understand sometimes you guys.. we need a group hug!!
September 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't have said it better. I am so sad to hear her news and had really hoped that Otis would turn around in the NICU. It really makes you realize just how blessed you are.

September 14th, 2010, 05:21 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Very well said. My heart breaks for Sarah and her family.

September 14th, 2010, 05:28 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you Kat for writing this, I couldn't have said it any better. I have been crying about this since last night and cannot stop. I am so freaked out about having my baby now, I cannot even explain it.

September 14th, 2010, 05:54 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I was almost in tears a while ago because Betsy wouldn't stop crying and my c-section incision was really hurting. And now, I realize that those are just merely inconveniences. I am so heartbroken for Sarah and I am so incredibly thankful for the healthy baby that is being rocked in my DH's arms right now.

I was hoping and hoping that with the exception of our three angel babies that had already been born, that all of the remaining September sweetpeas would make it here safe and sound.

My heart goes out to Sarah and her family. I hope they can find some type of peace.
September 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Thank you Kemper for writing the words I just couldn't find. I just read this around 4 and have been crying in random fits all night. I don't see how this could happen.

September 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
This was beautifully said, Kat. I just ache for Sarah. She is such a giving, loving, cheerful person and I truly, truly am devastated for her. She's an amazing woman, let me tell you. Otis was her joy, is her joy, and through the entire pregnancy, it was amazing to listen to her speak of him and her dreams with him.

I am simply numb and wish I could take Sarah's pain away and fix all this so baby Otis is healthy and here. But I can't. So we grieve. and we remember. and we love on Sarah with open hearts and open arms...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Kat, you put it perfectly. I can't say anything better. It's just so unfair, and I just wish I could take time back and make it okay for Sarah and her family.

September 14th, 2010, 08:19 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even before this terrible tragidy, I cried and hugged my baby so many times since she has been born. I have lived a long enough life, to personally know to many family members/friends who have endoured this loss.......this was my biggest fear, through out my last trimester......and to see yet another mother loose her little one way to soon, just rips my heart out. My baby making days are finally at an end, and Im forever blessed with 5 healthy babies. I trully do know the miracle each one is, and will say extra prayers for Sara and her sweet little boy Otis. May God show the rest of us mommies in this ddc mercy and deliver our little ones without pain and complications.......

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4lopez View Post
May God show the rest of us mommies in this ddc mercy and deliver our little ones without pain and complications.......
Amen. I cry most nights scared of all the things that could happen to this little one I love so much now. I'm heartbroken she has to go through this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search