Ok, let me ask THIS...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I know the numbers of preggos are dwindling...BUT...it seems that most preggos have AT LEAST an induction date...some sort of PLAN.

What bothers me...and the few in my boat...I DO NOT HAVE A PLAN. A plan will not even be remotely discussed until...well...

9/15/10 Tomorrow...38w4d...I have an appointment. If I haven't made ANY progress, worst case scenario, he will say "see you next week". I'll just have to wait.

9/22/10 Next Wed...39w4d...I have another appointment. If I haven't made any progress, I want to know what's going to happen. What do they plan on doing? How long do they want me to go overdue??? He won't discuss induction until you are two weeks past your due date.

9/29/10 The following Wed...40w4d...this is my last appointment scheduled. If nothing, then I have to plan ANOTHER appointment (around my work schedule...if I'm still working I'll have too much to do than to try and get another appointment...) but let's say they do the next Weds again...

10/6/10 41w4d...

10/13/10 42w4d...they induce on Thursdays...I WOULD HOPE that they would induce me on Oct 14, but that's the NEXT DAY and they have to have more time to plan...could they make me go until 10/21???? Ugh, I'd find another OB.

Because the baby measured big (100 years ago, the last time they measured) they always say at 38w and 4d I'm more like 39 weeks...but he always says I'm a week BEHIND what I really am.

DUDE. That's an eternity...don't screw my numbers up!!!

So right now, I have no plan. I know I can't even ASK for a plan until Sept 22. And that's REALLY the earliest, and I guarantee you he'll say "Here's the plan...you're having a baby in the year 2010."

Who is COMPLETELY in the dark and doesn't even have an end in sight???

I wouldn't care so much if I was progressing and having contractions and all that stuff.

If history repeats itself I should have a baby between Thurs and Mon (this is when I had my other kids) but I feel MUCH better than I did with the last two pregnancies. I can't be delivering a baby anytime in the next 6 days.
September 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Angel_Maker
I know it must be frustrating, but I would feel MUCH MORE comfortable if your DR didn't let you go that far past your EDD 2 weeks is a long time and that just makes me nervous!

Miss Jessica needs to COME OUT NOW!
September 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have an apt tomorrow (at which I fully expect to be told once again that things are closed up tight....that's how it was gfor both boys until I went into labor). With my first I went 5 days past my due date and was supposed to have an u/s on the day he was born just to check things out.

I had an u/s last week because my belly measured a 34. They wanted to make sure fluid was fine which it was.

I have pressure down there, but no contractions or anything. So I' just sitting here waiting. Took a 4 mile walk today and it had no effect on me.
September 14th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
See, I never went late before...I went through this with my OB because he was so nonchalant and all "You can go three weeks late and that's fine."

I wasn't okay with that. But then Justin and Sierra popped out early, so it all worked out.

INITIALLY I thought "Well, they were early, so this one really could be..."

But take into account the fact I didn't progress in two weeks...plus I feel TOTALLY different than with the others (sleeping well, not having pain/contractions) I have to think it's going to be awhile.

And going too late...with my age...and the fact that she always measured BIG...unnerves me.

If she doesn't come by Friday afternoon, I want her to stay in this weekend (the kids will be gone and DH and I have plans to go party LOL I want my weekend out) but starting Monday, I'll again be trying to convince her to come out.

I don't want her to miss Glee, either. Season premiere on Tues!!!
September 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
If it makes you feel better, Angela, today is my due date, and they still aren't talking about induction. My midwife did say it was something we could discuss at my next appointment, but she wouldn't induce before 10 days and only if it's necessary.

Hoping that Monday is your day, though!! Come on Jessica!!

September 14th, 2010, 08:34 PM
QuaintandQuirky's Avatar Keri
No plan here. I'm one day past my due date. Next week I go for the NST and ultrasound, but no induction date. NADA.

September 14th, 2010, 09:19 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a day past my due date and I feel like there's no end in sight...my bodys been "cleaning itself out" for 24 hours and contractions went from 10 mmins apart to 7 mins but tonight they are about 8 to 9 mins apart...it seems like I take a step forward and two back!!! I have no def induction date because ive been avoiding th e "talk" with my doc...I'm scared of induction but also scared to be too late

With all that aside...I couldn't imagine a doc like urs...id be crazy by now...from what u say he. Checks NOTHING and I couldn't take that and 3 weeks past due EEEEK!!!!

I say change docs!!!! Lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Angela, I know how you feel, I was so there last pregnancy. When i interviewed this doctor I asked "Can we induce on Dec 23 as that is as far past my due date (origionally Dec 19) that I am willing to go. He agreed and all was well.

Last time I was trying to plan my delivery and my doctor refused to plan an induction I was like OK we can plan it for TWO weeks after my due date and I'll be fine, I was trying to plan for my older children's care and my husband was in the Army and we had to buy the plane ticket, get his leave set for the induction. In the end I got upset with my doctor, told her to go pound sand, drove to my husband's duty station and gave birth there, essentially trading doctor at 10 weeks 3 days.
September 15th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Super Mommy
No plan here either... Just waiting... I don't feel contractions yet either. So we shall see....

September 15th, 2010, 10:39 AM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I'm 2 days past due. I'm thinking my doc will want to plan something at my appt. on Friday, but right now that seems so far away (I know it's only two more days, but then I'll have to wait until whatever day he decides to induce, if that's even what's going to happen). I'm starting to get really anxious that something may go wrong, especially with her high HR on Monday, and I just want her out! Plus she's huge and I'm having a hard time breathing.
September 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Gemum
All I have is a sweep tomorrow. I SHOULD have been induced at 38 weeks because of my condition and with the bigger he gets the more complications i'll have. Worst being my womb comes out with him. Plus all that relaxin we get in pregnancy? Well with my condition after 37 weeks it kinda just sets in. I won't regain the little joint stability that I had pre pregnancy. My joints stay pregnant loose

Argh...
September 15th, 2010, 12:03 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go in for my sweep tomorrow. I am going to ask him what his plan is from there. I do not want to go overdue at all. I am not uncomfortable or anything like that, I just think at this point he is better out than in.

September 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
I am still just under 2 weeks from my due date, I don't feel like anything is happening yet, so I'll be pregnant for a while.
September 15th, 2010, 03:03 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am due the 28th.

My baby was measuring 10lbs at 37 weeks (and huge all along since 18 weeks...so not a "freak" scan) the only "plan" I have is a date scheduled for a c-section in the event he flips breech again (he was breech Friday but head down Tuesday). That date? Um Sept 27th the day before my EDD. Are they NUTS?

I have Gestational Diabetes and was told all along they don't allow you to go past 39 weeks with GD.

Every day that passses feel like my chance at a vaginal birth goes out the window. I am beyond upset about the thought of a c-section if it could have been avoided.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no news for me! I did ask today what they will do if they get to 41, it's a birth center so I won't be getting a medical induction. She said they have a recipe that they will give me that always works, she also said they would do NSTs and an ultrasound.

I have not had a single contraction that I can tell, talk about frustrating!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search