Wednesday Wonderings for mommies who have delivered...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 10:39 AM
~Constance~
How old is your baby?

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions?

Has baby's cord fallen off?

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week?

How much sleep are you getting?

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby?

What's your biggest concern right now?

How did baby make you smile today?
September 15th, 2010, 11:01 AM
~Constance~
How old is your baby?

10 days

Peri bottle and stool softener, yes. Not lifting over 15lbs, no cooking, cleaning or laundry, no.

Not yet.

3. Two loads were diapers.

From 10pm to 7:30am with 5 nursing sessions in there. So not much but more than my last week being pregnant.

Just to the baby's 1 week appointment. I'm almost ready to go out and do a little shopping without the baby though.

Paying enough attention to my two older kids. Time management.

Just watching her little gassy smiles and seeing her sleep.
September 15th, 2010, 11:37 AM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your baby?
2 1/2 weeks
Yes
Yes
one, HUGE load
8 hours, with usually 2 feedings...she eats and goes back to sleep
Yes, we had her professional pics done on labor day
none really
By just being her
September 15th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
How old is your baby?
One week today!

Yes. As best I can.

Not yet

So far just one

Much less than I was before

A few times. He had his 1 week appointment yesterday & has WIC this Friday, so we'll go out again.

I've got a few. However, I've gotta figure out how to diaper this little boy properly!

The sweet faces he makes while sleeping

September 15th, 2010, 12:10 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
How old is your baby? 16 days

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? To be honest the only real instructions I had were to use the peri bottle and I did that.

Has baby's cord fallen off? Yep, fell off after about 9 days

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? I think 3 or 4

How much sleep are you getting? My husband is still home from work with us until next week so he is letting me get some sleep. We go to bed around 11-12. DS feds at about 4am and again about 8am. I feed him at those times and we go back to bed after both of those feedings and get up around 10am. Once DH goes back to work though, I will be up around 7am with DD

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? We have gone out tons. We are trying to do lots of fun stuff with DD so she doesn't think things are changing so much. We have taken the baby with us to the mall, the toy store, lots of fun zone/Chucke Cheese type places etc.

What's your biggest concern right now? I don't have a lot of concerns about the baby. My biggest concern is trying to still get quality time in with DD. It is really hard since I have to do all the feedings with the baby but I am really trying to balance things so she doesn't feel left out

How did baby make you smile today? His stretches and grunts always make me smile

September 15th, 2010, 12:11 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
How old is your baby?
6 days
hmmm...most of them. I haven't lifted my son and am being very conscious of not lifting over 10 pounds. I am taking my iron and stool softener religiously. I am doing some very very mild straightening up. I unloaded the dishwasher today. Not sure if that was supposed to be banned. I have tried to do everything they said to help heal the stitches, but feel like nothing I am doing is actually working because I am still so sore!
no, but hope it will by next week.
four Just realized that! He keeps peeing through his diapers onto sheets, onesies, swaddles.
at night we go to bed around 9:30 and I sleep in hour and half to two hour increments until around 7am. So about as good as my last couple weeks of pregnancy. I also try to take at least one hour long nap a day. I got TWO yesterday! WHoo Hoo!
Went to his 1 wk appt and then lunch after. We put his carseat on the table and several people came by to see him. One lady said, "This must be your second. You are so relaxed to have a 5 days old out and about.
his lazy latch. He is going 3-4 hours between feedings during the day, but feeding EVERY two hours at night. He just gets lazy and falls asleep and his latch slips down. Plus I don't feel like he is eating enough b/c he falls asleep but he is almost back to birth weight in only a week.
He smiled at his 4am feeding and showed me a dimple on his left cheek!

September 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby? 6 days

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? most of them. I'm not supposed to lift over 10lbs but try explaining that to a very clingy 20 month old!!

Has baby's cord fallen off?not yet

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? 1! I did ALL the laundry before I was induced so now it's only one load a week needed

How much sleep are you getting? Roughly 6 hours collectively both night and naps.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? we went to Paige's pediatricians appointment as a family she's only lost 3oz since birth !

What's your biggest concern right now? Getting my mother off her high horse and to back the frigg off. I'm not up for the 'woe is me' attitude.

How did baby make you smile today? she pooed on daddy as he was trying to change her
September 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby? 5 days old

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? Not so much but i feel great. Still taking stool softener & definitely not having sex.

Has baby's cord fallen off? Nope

only 1 load
about 8 hours at night
Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? Yeah we try to get out of the house once a day. Today we walked around the mall.

He doesnt want to eat but every 4 hours. I've only been letting him go 4 hours without eating but I swear he would wait 5-6...He is such a perfect baby
How did baby make you smile today? Everything...but especially his growing expressions & this squeaking noise he keeps making. Its so adorable.
September 15th, 2010, 12:40 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your baby? 6 weeks on Friday

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? yes

Has baby's cord fallen off? yes it did in 5 days

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? mmmm a few

How much sleep are you getting? depends on how hungry she is! last night i got the most since she was born - 2 4 hour stretches, but usually about 2 hours between eating

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? yes, we went out the 2nd day she was home - since i have a toddler i can't really stay in like i did with DS

What's your biggest concern right now? quality time with both DD and DS ... and leaving her at daycare starting monday since i have to go back to work

How did baby make you smile today? just by being her and here with me!
September 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post
his lazy latch. He is going 3-4 hours between feedings during the day, but feeding EVERY two hours at night. He just gets lazy and falls asleep and his latch slips down. Plus I don't feel like he is eating enough b/c he falls asleep but he is almost back to birth weight in only a week.
Amanda-my 2 year old was a very lazy nurser at night-he would eat for 2-3 minutes and then want to fall back asleep. I found I had to strip him down to his diaper in order to keep him awake. It helped a ton!
September 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
How old is your baby? 3 weeks, 1 day.

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? No. There's no way around it with a 4 year old. I discussed this with my OB and he made me promise I would take it as easy as possible, but understands my situation is not ideal right now to follow a lot of restrictions.

Yes.

4 loads.

How much sleep are you getting? Maybe 4-5 hrs, but not all at once.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? Yes & yes.

What's your biggest concern right now? Taking a road trip...I'm hoping he doesn't scream the entire time we're in the car!

He makes the cutest little noises while sleeping & eating.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

September 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
How old is your baby? 12 weeks on Friday/ 3months on the 25th.

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? It's already been long enough.

Has baby's cord fallen off? Yes

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? One huge load, one diaper load.

How much sleep are you getting? We're up every 3 hours for feedings but sleeping otherwise.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? Yes, we take him out most places unless there are a lot of kids/germs.

What's your biggest concern right now? Well, Cohen is almost 3 months old but has the temperament and development of a newborn...which is fine but I feel like he should be smiling at me and rolling and everything, lol.

How did baby make you smile today?He always makes me smile, especially when he makes little noises.
September 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
How old is your baby? 3 weeks

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? Somewhat... It is difficult to not lift anything heavier than Chase

Has baby's cord fallen off? Yes

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? One

How much sleep are you getting? About 6 hours in 2 hour increments

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? Yes. Chase has been out to stores and the mall

What's your biggest concern right now? Taking care of his circumcision

How did baby make you smile today? Just holding him and him staring back at me makes me smile

September 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
How old is your baby? One week!

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? I'm trying to -- I haven't driven yet and I haven't carried anything heavier than the baby. The "exercise/activity" part is hard though as I can't just stay on the couch all day.

Has baby's cord fallen off? Nope

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? I did my first one today.

How much sleep are you getting? It varies. Last night I probably got 4 hours of broken sleep.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? Just to take her for her one-week appointment.

What's your biggest concern right now? Keeping her safe at night. She keeps busting out of her blanket swaddle and her other sleep sacks are too big. I've ordered the smallest size sleep sack and paid extra for the next day shipping. I think I'll sleep better knowing that the blanket won't end up over her head again.

How did baby make you smile today? She was super alert this morning and we were able to play -- she even was able to touch one of the dangling toys on her ocean play gym!
September 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
How old is your baby?
24 days = 3 weeks plus

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? well yes and no. I tried to follow the bed rest after the wet tap, but then got put back in the hospital, so that got shot. Dr said no bath or sex until 4 week appt (which is NEXT wednesday) and yea... broke both of those. */cough* Sex btw is not comfortable. It was for purely non-selfish reasons, I can say that much about it.

Has baby's cord fallen off? Yes, but it took 17 days. Finn's only took 10 days, but Roan's was hanging in there.

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? Gack. 3 TODAY, at least 3 more Sun/Mon/Tue

How much sleep are you getting? Roan did one 4-hr stretch last night. And boy was he TICKED when he woke up. lol.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? I take Finn to daycare every morning, but we've been everywhere. Grocery shopping. He went with me yesterday to pick out a birthday present for my sister-in-law. We do it all.

What's your biggest concern right now? Going back to work. I should have another 4 weeks off. That's what I've told work, and gotten the paperwork for. But I'm freaking out (mountain/molehill thing) that I'll really have to go back in 2 weeks. It just makes me cry. I keep reminding myself it's not time yet so that I don't cry.

How did baby make you smile today? I grin every time he makes one of those sleepy grins.

September 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
How old is your baby? 9 days

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? Sometimes... Some of the advice is just weird...

Has baby's cord fallen off? Not yet, but we're getting close

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? Maybe one

How much sleep are you getting? 6-8 hours

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? We've gone out a few times and yep, we took her with us.

What's your biggest concern right now? Hoping she doesn't have allergies like her daddy!

How did baby make you smile today? She all out laughed in her sleep and then smiled for like 5 minutes. lol couldn't help but laugh
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

September 15th, 2010, 06:16 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby? Four weeks today.

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? I didn't receive any instructions. Once Myles was flown to sick kids - I pretty much forgot that I just had a baby 24 hrs before.

Has baby's cord fallen off? Yes, but it took over three weeks. I wasn't great with cord care as we had bigger things to worry about.

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? Five or six, but only because we just got home from being at sick kids and had lots of catching up to do.

How much sleep are you getting? I've been going to sleep around 11 and sleeping until 6:30 - 7:00 am. Normally he's waking up around 3 to eat. I have so much pumped breast milk in the freezer already (he wasn't allowed to eat for 10 days after surgery) so on the weekends I'm getting DH to get up with him.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? We've gone out tonnes. He's been on an air ambulance and a commerical plane already.

What's your biggest concern right now? That he continues to heal and has no long term issues.

How did baby make you smile today? I bathed him and DS together tonight. Seeing my boys together made me smile.
September 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby? 7 days

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? As much as possible. It's my excuse to lie on the couch and not try to do much.

Has baby's cord fallen off? No.

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? Me = 0. DH = 2.

How much sleep are you getting? About 7 hours total in a day. Definitely not consecutive!

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? First trip out today was to the pediatrician.

What's your biggest concern right now? Maintaining my strength to care for Samantha. The pain from the c-section combined with the lack of sleep is starting to catch up with me.

How did baby make you smile today? My little breech baby has legs that like to fold up like a frog. She loves to move them back and forth in a swimming motion while feeding. It's a bit awkward, but so cute to see her squirm.

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

September 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your baby? 2 weeks tomorrow awww!!

Did you/are you obeying your hospital discharge instructions? I'm taking all my meds, not driving and no heavy lifting. There really weren't any other instructions.

Has baby's cord fallen off? No

How many loads of baby laundry have you done this week? About 1 a day. He pees through a couple outfits a day and pees through to the sheets

How much sleep are you getting? Maybe 3-4 hours at a time. Last night I was up at 12:30, 4 and 8. He normally cries for a change an hour after the feeding but the last couple nights he hasn't.

Have you gone out yet? Did you take the baby? We took him to DBF's grandparents 3 hours away this weekend. I was a nervous wreck with the cars, the people wanting to hold him and germs, lol. I went to BRU today without him and my parents are going to watch him while DBF and I go to dinner Friday.

What's your biggest concern right now? Everything. I'm a paranoid 1st time mommy.

How did baby make you smile today? He projectile peed and then spit up in my hair, lol.

September 15th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
How old is your baby?

5 days

Yes, mine said i could take baths!!!

no

none our baby clothes are not seperated out. Not even cloth diapers.

I am sleeping when baby is in dips and daubs.

Monday we went to the electric office to pay to prevent shut off, then I went to the ER because my blood pressure was super high and my feet and legs were very swollen, Yes we took baby.

My blood pressure

I finally took a picture of his monkey toes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search