Hailey's Birth story (8/28/10)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Saturday August 28th 2010. the day before my scheduled induction of 8/29 at 8am

11am I had my last BPP U/S. everything looked great, she even mentioned how the placenta was in perfect shape for 39weeks.

12pm My last NST, she looked great on the monitors!

2pm I got home from the hospital and picked up subway for lunch. While eating I told DH I was having cramps, not really contractions, but cramps that hurt. Soon after lunch I started having contractions.

2:45pm Started timing contractions while sitting on the couch, they were 2-3 min apart and getting painful!

3:15pm I felt a tiny gush and thought it might just be discharge, then a few min later I felt it again, so I RAN to the bathroom thinking my water broke. When I got to the potty I was terrified to see that it was blood and I bled through my pants, I cleaned myself up and stood up, blood started pouring out of me, I put on a pad and rushed to the hospital! I was so scared.

4pm arrived and checked into L&D. Bleeding almost stopped by the time I arrived. My midwife wasn't sure what was going on at that point. She checked me and said I was 2cm about 40% effaced.

4:30pm I got up to use the bathroom and was pouring out blood again. She checked me again and I was 3cm 60% effaced. She advised me to have DH get back to the hospital it may go fast (he ran back home to get the camera).

5:30pm My midwife said my BP was too high and they weren't seeing an accelerations in Hailey's HR, she ordered my epi to see if it would help me relax and gave me sugar water in my IV to see if we could get Hailey looking better on the monitor.

6:30pm DH got back and I got my epi and they started my antibiotics for GBS.

7pm she decided to break my water in hope she would come shortly after like Savannah did. Once my water was broke, she saw meconium in the fluid. Hailey most likely had a bowel movement because of the stress.

7:15 or so my midwife and a few Dr's, nurses came rushing back in out of nowhere and said that Hailey isn't doing well, were not 100% sure why yet, but we need to get her out. They put a hat on me, made me drink a yucky shot and wheeled me to have an emergency C-section. I was bawling and so terrified.

7:41pm Hailey was welcomed into the world. MY Dr was out of town for the night, the on call Dr at the hospital who did my surgery actually CUT Hailey on her ear during the section and she received stitches only an hour after birth

9:30pm they finally finished my C-section. It took forever. Turns out the bleeding and stress on Hailey was from a placental abruption. Scary how only a few hours before she and my placenta was perfect on U/S. The Dr said my placenta was in pieces. I ended up loosing too much blood and received a blood transfusion the next day. They basically said that another half an hour and they may have lost us both

I only saw her for a second before they rushed her away. I didn't get to see her again until 8/29 at 6am. She was in the NICU due to a hard time breathing and her risk for infection (I only received half of my antibiotics and the meconium).

I also had horrible spinal headaches from the epi. I couldn't even sit up and was crying for days straight from pain and not having my baby with me. I ended up getting a blood patch on Sptember 1st to seal the spinal fluid leak and get rid of the headaches.

September 4th 2010 (my due date)

We were finally able to bring her home from the NICU

Few pics

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by ~Tiffany~; September 17th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
September 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary that something could go wrong so fast!!! I'm glad everyone is ok!!!

September 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks
September 19th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What an ordeal! I am glad you are both okay! I would have been terrified. Congrats on another beautiful baby.
September 26th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks Kris!
September 27th, 2010, 07:34 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am sooo glad you are both ok! How scary! I am so glad you were on top of it along with your midwife and the hospital staff. She is beautiful!! Congrats mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search