Too Little For Six Flags?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Six Flags Over Georgia is having a Military Appreciation Day next weekend, September 25th, and our whole family (DH, DD, Me and Lucy) could all get in for free. DH really wants to go and I know that DD would have a blast, but I don't know if Lucy will be okay to go. She'll be 1 month and 5 days old then. All she does is eat, sleep, pee and poop so she could spend most of the day snoozing in the stroller or being held and talked to and fed, but my concern is the weather. Would it be too hot for her? The forcast for the 24th says that the high is 86 and that it will be mostly sunny. That's a lot cooler than it has been, but will it be too warm for Lucy? Can she wear sunblock? I can put a hat on her and keep her shaded with her stroller, but I think she might need sunblock for extra protection.

Should I have any other concerns? What would you do? I'd really hate for DD to miss out because I know she would love to go, and DH taking her alone isn't an option. Also, there's no one to leave Lucy with for the day, so it's everyone goes or no one goes. I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to take Lucy or not.

Opinions, please?
September 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I would definitely go. NO SUNBLOCK though! It's not recommended until they're older than 6 months. I would put her in light colored, long sleeved and pants clothes, light socks, and a HUGE brimmed hat to protect her head and face. I'd wear Cohen in my Moby but the stroller works too, then you can use the sunshade. Make sure you're feeding her and she's urinating to prevent dehydration.

I *insert sarcasm* could get mother of the year as I took Hayden to Busch Gardens Williamsburg at 1 month old and it was 105 degrees. I had him stripped down to a diaper and in the stroller and rubbed him down with cool water most of the day. That afternoon I was nursing him and a lady came up and lectured me about having him out and I ended up asking my mom to take me back to the hotel. He was perfectly fine though. I would NEVER do that again though.

Anyway, I think you should go and enjoy it! Take lots of pics of Jill and Lucy's first day at Six Flags!
September 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
How far away is it for you guys? I would probably do what Melissa said. And no to the sunblock. Keep the sunshade over her in her stroller. Do you have a travel system? If you do, usually the shade from the stroller meets the shade from her seat and keeps baby pretty much completely shaded. Plus, there should be enough shady spots in the park where you can sit with her when feeding or holding her. And a big hat will help lots! If the park isn't too far away, then I would definitely try it, even if you can only be out for a little while, your older DD will still have a blast!!

September 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
I'd go! Just keep her in shade and if you feel like it's getting too hot for her, maybe there's a cool area you could sit at for a bit? Too bad we won't be in GA then, otherwise I'd totally meet you up there. Have fun!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

September 15th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Lauraubie's Avatar Super Mommy
I would go too, just plan on taking lots of baby breaks. Have fun!!

Custom Photo Cards & Invitations ~ Peek at my Website ~ Like me on Facebook
September 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd go - Kaylee's already been to the Zoo - i think she was 3 weeks old and pretty much everywhere else too - and yes, no sunblock yet.

Outside parks are actually better than enclosed spaces like the grocery store.

HAVE FUN!!!
September 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd go! We took our oldest to Oshkosh,WI for an air show when he was a month old. It ended up hotter than they predicted (like 100*) but we kept him in the shade and made sure he was drinking enough. When we were hanging out watching the air show we laid him on a blanket with an umbrella shading him and then laid a damp receiving blanket on him to keep him cool. He was fine.
September 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Thanks for all the advice, ladies! I'm pretty sure we're going to go! I just have to make sure we have money for a hotel and food.

Thanks for the "no sunblock" warning! I'm sure I would have read the label that said not to put it on a baby under 6 months before I actually put it on her, but good to know ahead of time!

Amy, it's about 2 hours away from us. We'll probably drive up Friday after work and spend Friday and Saturday nights there - just make a weekend of it. I do have a travel system that can block the sun out!

I wish you were in GA, Dani! When will you be moving here?

Kris, the damp receiving blanket is a great idea! I'll keep that in mind just in case.

Thanks again for all the adive, ladies!
September 16th, 2010, 11:39 AM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
So glad you decided to go! Y'all will have so much fun. I will be headed back that way by the 1st! Atlanta is about an hr and a half from us, so maybe we can meet up one weekend.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

September 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Go, go, go and have a blast!!!!

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

September 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds fun! We still need to find a meeting spot & meet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search