Co-sleeping

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 01:16 PM
*Amie*
Do/will you co-sleep with your baby?

I'm a heavy sleeper, and OH wouldn't agree to it anyway, but in the mornings when Daddy's gone to work and Mummy has had a decent sleep, we snooze together for an hour or so I LOVE it!! Tyler and I used to do the same

September 15th, 2010, 01:24 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do a little ... we did lots more with DS but with DD b/c DS crawls into our bed now and again i dont want her to get smooshed so i have her sleep on me - if she needs or i need extra snuggles
September 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
Since the 2nd day in the hospital, I let Olivia sleep with me and now DH too since we've been home. DH is a heavy sleeper and I sleep on the inside, so she sleeps between me and the wall. She likes to snuggle into my side and I'm the lightest sleeper ever so it works. Plus, I like being able to just nudge him and tell him to make me a bottle (they're pre-measured) instead of getting up and walking down the hall to her real room.
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

September 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
Do/will you co-sleep with your baby?
we bounce back and forth from her pack and play next to our bed sometimes when i nurse Livy i'm on my side and she's laying on our bed and both tend to zonk out.
September 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
We have an Arm's Reach Cosleeper attached to my side of the bed and I LOVE it! I don't have to worry about squishing the baby and she's right by my side safe and sound and easy to reach when it's time to feed or comfort her. Sometimes when she wakes up to eat after DH has gone to work I'll put her on his side of the bed on top of the blanket and we sleep until my older daughter wakes up.
September 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
We co-sleep with both kids. I sleep at the foot of the bed with Cohen and a bed rail and DH and Hayden sleep at the head of the bed. It is awkward but it works.
September 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really wanted to stay away from co-sleeping, but I love cuddling and sleeping with her! DH is against it, mostly because he is a deep sleeper, and the hospital freaked us out about SIDS, but usually between 1-2 feedings in the night, I move her into the bed with us, but only on my side. It is pure heaven.
September 15th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
We co-slept with Finn, all three of us, and had just started getting him used to his toddler bed when I got too big and pregnant to sit on the floor next to him to help him fall asleep. I'd have to yell for DH to come get me up. OR there were a couple times I ended up falling asleep on DS's floor. Not comfy. So Finn started sleeping with us again.

The last two nights we've gotten him back in his toddler bed. So going to keep working on that.

As for Roan -- well yea, he sleeps in our bed. lol. We got a co-sleeper this time, but 90% of the time, he sleeps cuddling with me. I tend to wake up on my own every couple hours and check on him or waking him to eat. I think he's woken me to eat perhaps 6 times out of 100 so far.

We bought a king size bed though, so there is PLENTY of room. No fear of rolling on him. I never MEAN to have him sleep next to me though. I am feeding him, and zonk out. I always INTEND to actually put him in the co-sleeper. That's why we bought the thing. bah.

September 16th, 2010, 02:22 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
We didn't buy a crib, cradle, co sleeper or other. We 100% co sleep and love it. We usually do until about age 3.
September 16th, 2010, 03:11 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
No co-sleeping here. DH and I like our bed to be our bed. However, there has already been 2 times that Chase came into bed with me while I nursed him and we both fell asleep.

September 16th, 2010, 06:58 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
I do a little bit - not that I really want to though. There are times when he just wants to be held and I will sit up in bed (using my husband pillow) and he will either be like ball of baby (his chest to mine) or I hold him like I am feeding him and we will snooze together for a couple of hours if need be. I don't lay down with him for sure as I am too nervous about that.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

September 16th, 2010, 07:06 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sort of. I can't nurse laying down. I've tried and tried. I think I'm too small chested for it to work or something. Also, I don't sleep well when my kids are in with me, any of them. I'm a very light sleeper. So the goal is for her to sleep in her crib. Some nights she will and other nights, she doesn't want to. On the nights she doesn't want to, she will sleep with dh in a bed that we set up in her room specifically for this. He doesn't mind sleeping with her at all, thankfully!

September 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I co-sleep with Kierson. Since he is exclusively breastfed it is much easier for him to be in the bed with me. I'm a very light sleeper and always have been so its no problem for him to be in the bed with me. My daughter, Ellie, has been sleeping in bed with me since she was born. I prefer to co-sleep anyway.

September 17th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I slept with DD#1 all the time. i think has had fallen out of my bed twice by the time she was three months old.

DD#2 never slept with us and is not a cuddler and prefers sleeping in her own space.

I am not comfortable sleeping with Beau in bed with me and DH. I tried kicking DH out of bed but he refused to go. Beau and I sleep together during the day and Beau sleeps in his bouncy chair alone at night right next to our bed. He makes a funny nocie breathing so I am not wanting to lay him down flat in his bassinett.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search