Grrrr, frustrated with DH.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM
mothra's Avatar Martha
Sorry ladies, I just need to vent. My dear sweet hubby is making me crazy. My c-section is planned for next tuesday, the 21st. He keeps playing dumb about the plan for this birth. Keeps conveniently forgetting everything we talk about. We have a two year old and plans need to be arranged for who will be watching him, which days/nights DH will be spending in the hospital with me, who's going to be around when to help out and what days he's taking off work. My MIL was just here dropping off some baby gifts and I started talking to her about next week, asking if on monday she was around to watch Isaac because I have my pre-op appointment at the hospital and with my midwife. MIL is also sleeping over that night to be with Isaac in the morning when we leave for the birth. DH looked at me like I had two heads when we mentioned her sleeping over monday, he says "Why monday?" I wanted to smack him but instead said, "Um, because the baby is being born tuesday morning and we need to leave early?" He says, "Oops, I told work it was wednesday." Tells me I told him last night that it was on wednesday. HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO how many conversations do we have to have about this????? I seriously don't know how many times we've been over this. Apparently he has no idea what's going on. I feel like I need to write out the schedule for next week to spell it out for him. It mostly bothers me because it's like he's choosing to ignore the fact that there's another BABY COMING NEXT WEEK, like won't face the reality. I go into labor on my own before then, he'll be completely useless!

Bahhh, I know I'm just stressin' and so is he. It's just so not helpful to play dumb like that. I feel like he *knows* **** well what is going on and just wants to forget about it. Make it all go away. Haha. Okay rant over, I needed to get it out before he comes back home and I take it out on him.

September 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
Ahhh, how frustrating. Maybe this is his way of coping with the fact that a new baby is coming, maybe it's nerves? I hope he comes around
Joyfully expecting #2 in January!

September 15th, 2010, 07:39 PM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry he is acting like that. My DH is the same way about remembering things. Every time we had an U/S and he had to go with me(I always went to to regular ob appointments on my own with my toddler but had to have someone accompany me to the U/S because of their policy about kids) I would remind him like 20 times in the week leading up to it and like 10 times the day before and still somehow he would forget. Not only would he forget it was that day he would then tell me I never told him or that I told him it was a differant day. Men are so frustrating sometimes! I hope your DH gets it together and starts being a little more helpful about organizing everything instead of causing you more stress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search