C-section mommies -- what's your recovery been like?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I was just wondering if I'm pushing myself too much right now. My c-section was a week ago. I'm still taking the painkillers, but I've cut way back on the dosage and only take them when I really need them. I'm not really forcing myself to lay around all day -- even today, I told myself I was on self-imposed bed-rest but then spent the morning playing with Betsy (and going upstairs into the nursery to get the play gym). I am trying to limit the number of times I go up and down the stairs. Betsy and I have camped out in the lower level of our house (again -- ugh!) to avoid multiple trips on the stairs. I haven't driven yet. I am pretty tired at the end of the day and the area around the scar is sore.

How are you feeling?
September 15th, 2010, 04:11 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I'm 3 weeks ppd and feeling pretty good. I have noticed that if I do too much that I start bleeding a little again, so I'm trying to be good. I can still feel a little pain when I sneeze or cough or over stretch but other than that I feel normal. I can't wait until I'm 100% again!

September 15th, 2010, 05:43 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I'll be 3 weeks out friday, and as of today I am having pretty intense pain on the left side above my scar.......but like it's coming from inside..not my inscision. IDK what it is but it has me quite worried. I'm probably doing to much so I'm gonna have to start taking it much easier.
September 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel great. I am at 5 days. I have been up and walking since the morning after. We were released less than 36 hours from the section and have not taken any pain killers. I do find by the end of the day I am a little sore in the hips. But i feel great, I walk up and down the stairs and have been cleaning but havent driven yet....but I dont understand why you cant drive??
September 15th, 2010, 06:36 PM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My c-section was on Sept 9.

The pain along the incision is especially noticeable in the evening when I stretch out and try to relax. I've also noticed that my lower back is a bit uncomfortable due to the shuffling motion of walking. The sharpest pain that makes me catch my breath is on the right side, which is the side where all of the incision closures start. The hardest motion to do is to get myself up and down from a horizontal position. (Laughter is also painful.)

Breastfeeding was a challenge at first since sitting upright is difficult without being surrounded by supporting pillows. It's also interesting to get baby Samantha into a comfortable position where she doesn't accidentally put pressure across my stomach.

The painkillers are great, but not nearly as appreciated as the stool softener pills!

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

September 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
You can't drive because you use those muscles to turn and if you were to get in an accident.... the only thing holding you together right now is your internal stitching, you have no muscle support.

Staying on top the pain meds is pretty important if your still taking them and you should eat a little before taking them so your stomach doesn't get upset. I learned that the hard way.

Supporting your stomach if you have to sneeze, cough, bend, pee, or go up stairs is another tip. Just put the palm of your hand over your incision when you need a little support. A folded sheet or towel on top your stomach area when sitting or reclining will also be a big help, kinda protects it.

September 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 2 weeks postpartum tomorrow. I still have a lot of bleeding. Now, I don't know if the bleeding I'm having is normal or if my blood count problems that I had in the hospital are part of it.

The pain is a lot better but I can definitely feel when I overdo it, like today I went to BRU and when I got home I was really feeling it. The last few days in the hospital the nurse recommended I go with 1 percocet and 1 motrin instead of 2 percs and that combo really seems to help me. I'm still taking them but if I miss a dose its not a huge problem. My pain is usually at the sides of the incision and it feels like someone is burning me. I asked the doctor about that and he said something about how they "bundle" the skin/muscles together at the sides of the incision and I'm probably feeling that kind of knitting together.

I clean within reason (no mopping or heavy lifting) and walk the dog. The doctor says he'll clear me to drive at my appointment next week. I'm just really wishing it'd been this week b/c having my mother drive makes me a nervous wreck They're SO not used to south Florida drivers...

September 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
It *WILL* get better ladies! I'm almost 12 weeks PP and feel GREAT!
September 15th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Lauraubie's Avatar Super Mommy
It will be 2 weeks for me on Friday. I am feeling pretty good. When I had my first they didn't make me do anything the day of or the day after my c-section. This time they made me get up and out of bed and walk to the potty about 8 hours after. Which at the time was AWFUL but I think them pushing me has helped in my activity/recovery. I was also able to leave the hospital after only 2 nights.

I am only on pain meds now as needed. Today we went to the zoo and I was able to walk for a little bit but then needed to rest because it started to hurt. After a 1/2 hour or so rest I was ready to walk a bit more.

It has gotten much easier to get up from bed/chairs, etc... I can do it now without mentally preparing myself to do it!

Overall I am feeling pretty good. There are times though that I have pains that come and go... but they are less and less by the day.

2 days until I can drive! And even though I have no where to go on Friday I will probably drive around the block... just because I CAN!

Custom Photo Cards & Invitations ~ Peek at my Website ~ Like me on Facebook
September 15th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Castaway
Like crap basically. I suppose it could be worse but I am still on pain killers too most days, have cut back as well. My mom took a look at the incision last night and was concerned about one spot in the middle where she said it looks dead, that sounds awesome! NOT! The incision is cleaned and dressing changed every day, I wouldn't be surprised if I am getting an infection with all the stress I have been under. It's happened before, I'm sure it will happen again.

September 16th, 2010, 04:29 AM
kellbri2005's Avatar Veteran
I had mine 2 weeks ago and some days I feel ok but others are quite painful. I stopped the painkillers before I left the hospital because they were making me so sleepy. They gave me a prescription to take home just in case. I have been taking motrin 800mg to help with the pain and they seem to be working good. I think I am pushing myself too. I was told no house work or lifting for 6 weeks but my house is a disaster so I had to clean a few times.

BRIELLE ANNE/ 8/31/10/ 7LBS 80Z
September 16th, 2010, 06:56 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
I am 2 weeks PPD and I am just now weening myself off the pain pills - I took them religiously from day 1 and it made a big difference. I have tried to take it easy but having a toddler makes it a wee bit difficult.

Some days I am sore but for the most part I am feeling really good... I am now driving and so I feel like Woo Hoo - I am free...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

September 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
I feel great. The uterine cramping hurt worse than my incision, but the cramping has decreased a lot. I didn't need any pain medication after 5 days PPD. Recovery has been a breeze, especially compared to my first c-section.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

September 16th, 2010, 05:09 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a week out from my section and feeling pretty good. I took all my pain meds in the hospital which I think helped a lot. I'm still taking some now but without the nurses coming in to give them to me I tend to forget to take them. I haven't been lifiting and I've been taking things pretty easy.

September 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
i'll be 3w PP tmw, honestly i feel awesome my white strips from when i gotten my staples taken out fell out few nights ago. Since then i feel like i can run a marathon ok not really lol but i do get random headaches(i assume from the spinal epi i got) and randome mild sharp like pains(which assume is my nerves and such intertwining back together. Since the beginning, i've gotten up and kept walking like it was cool i was determined to heal as fast as i could and i too kept with my painkillers. i stopped taking them just as the 2w mark arrived i've only taken my pain killer when my headaches get super excruciating.
September 17th, 2010, 11:36 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Well, I am still in the hospital, so I am obviously still in pain! I am going home tomorrow, still a lot of uterine cramping when feeding and incision pain if I stand or walk too long. I am sooo glad I have my parents here 2 weeks right about now or I would be freaking about taking care of a toddler. There is no way I can lift him or chase him right now or anytime soon!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

September 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran
I was super lucky. My c-section recovery was a breeze. I don't know if it was because they made me get up so soon and walk or if I was expecting it to be horrible or if it was because nothing can compare to the way I felt toward the end with TWO babies in my stomach. Probably the last.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search