DH and BIL decided to share the one brain cell today

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Let me break this down

We have DH's car up and running, BIL's car is now in the shop. BIL loaned us his car, which was nice, so DH thought now of all times BIL can turn around and borrow our car while DH is at work.

Due to massive road construction near where BIL lives, it takes an hour to get to our house, normally a 10 minute drive. DH was going to let BIL take the car and he'll get rides back and forth to work.

What's wrong with this picture?

I have a history of preterm labor, I'm delivering in a week, I've been having some minor contractions off and on since yesterday and they want to have our only transportation an hour away. hhmm I'd have to try and call BIL, his cell is never on, he'd have to go and get DH after I tracked him down, then come and get me. I don't think so.

DH is taking the car to work after he picks up BIL from work and takes him home. If my boobaphobic BIL has an issue with this, I told DH tell him what's going on, could be something, could be nothing, we need the car. Told him if BIL starts asking questions, start giving him details about lactating, mucus plugs, and cervical dilation. BIL is terrified to hear about girly parts and what they do. Wish I could be there for that conversation!

DH told me he was proud of me. When he told me what the plan was, I got up and walked away. He followed, I simply stated my case about how he needs to see it from my point of view and how he needs access to the car right now.

There was no arguing, I didn't scream at him, I didn't yell, I didn't slam a door. DH got the point, told me thank you for not fighting with him about it and BIL can just deal with it.

I still want to see BIL squirm!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search