Mom's who have LO's already???

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 10:03 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO?

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud?

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing?

Where Is your new LO sleeping?

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after?
September 15th, 2010, 11:48 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? She is doing really well. She likes to help and give him kisses.

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? Yep. Chase sleeps right through it.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? She asked what I was doing the first time and now she just says Chase is eating. Sometimes she feeds her duck a bottle at the same time. And yes, she role plays with a duck. She doesn't like dolls.

Where Is your new LO sleeping? In the pack n play in our sitting room/office which is off our bedroom.

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? Late afternoon and early evening when my DD is getting tired and cranky.

September 16th, 2010, 06:52 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they all are adjusting very well
Yes, she is used to all the noise
My 3rd and 4th seem to be interested in it. It's old hat to my oldest 2.
Either in her crib, on my or dh's chest or arms or in bed with dh.
What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after?
Mornings after dh leaves. It means I am home with the youngest 3 with no help. It's actually easier once my oldest 2 are home from school.

September 16th, 2010, 07:01 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
amazingly well,,, he is still in daycare for sept (i needed to learn how to BF) but when he is home he is great

yes Logan is not really that loud in the house

Logan plays and often brings me toys and lines them up on the BF pillow
he has been great about it!

naps in carseat or swing, night in pack and play beside my bed

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 children
when it is time for bath and bed for logan and gavin wants to feed and daddy is not home

**Logan did ask me when i was feeding Gavin if milk comes out of that one (pointing to one breast) what comes out of that one? pointing to the other breast.... i thought it was kinda cute ... he thought that it might be juice!

Last edited by irish luck; September 16th, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
September 16th, 2010, 07:52 AM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? Drew is doing super. He loves Rachel and has been really helpful.

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? During the day Rachel will sleep through anything.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? Drew is curious what I'm doing and thinks my nipple looks like a bruise. So far he hasn't tried to nurse his baby doll yet but I expect that to happen soon.

Where Is your new LO sleeping? During the day she sleeps in the PNP downstairs. At night she doesn't want to sleep and often the only way to get any rest is for her to sleep on my chest. we usually end up in a chair in the living room where I nurse her. We keep trying the crib but she just really wants to be awake at night.

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? So far things haven't been too hard. My son is still going to daycare 2-3 days a week so I have a lot of time with just one child and my husband is off work for these first 3 weeks so I have a lot of help. Ask me again in 2 weeks when he goes back to work and I'm sure I'll have a different answer.

September 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? She likes him but HATES when he crys!! She put's her hand over her ears and screams Noooooo..It's funny but Im trying to break her of it. I guess It will happen in time.

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? A Little but she Loves running up to him and screaming cause she's excited so He always wakes up.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? she says "Num Nums"..and wants to sit on the pillow too.

Where Is your new LO sleeping? In the Mini Co-sleeper beside my bed.

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? The Morning. Cambria wakes at 9 and soon after she eats. Baylen wakes around 6-9 ( a few times between there ) and If I bring him downstairs to the swing and have to get her out of bed sometimes he has to cry a little. I feel bad but I dont have help so thats the way it's gotta be.
September 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? Eli has adjusted really well to having a baby sister. He likes to give her kisses and hugs and every time she makes a little noise or cries he comes running.

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud?She sleeps through Eli being really noisy.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing?He seems interested in what we are doing and if she finishes and my breast is still out he tries to push her head to my nipple so she can nurse more.

Where Is your new LO sleeping?We co-sleep

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after?Sometimes it's hard to balance everything. Especially in the middle of the night when they both wake up at the same time and want to cuddle. It's also been a little difficult not having any help at all. Dh is super busy with work and literally just comes home to sleep right now. He leaves within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning and doesn't come home until around 11:30pm after me and the kids have gone to sleep. I know it's only temporary but at the moment I feel like a single mother.

September 16th, 2010, 10:30 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? She loves him!!! She gives him tons of kisses and comes running when, "baby's fussy" or "baby's crying"

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? For the most part, he sleeps right through it.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? She's got her dolls out, and once she tried to BF them already! She doesn't really say or do much else, except know that "baby brother's eating" or he's hungry

Where Is your new LO sleeping? During the day, he may be in his crib, in my arms or in his bouncy chair... at night, we started in the pnp, but it was a pain in the butt to reach in and get him out, and he sleeps better next to me, so we're co-sleeping til he sleeps a bit longer at night

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? We are having a HORRIBLE time now with Kensley's sleep. It's all messed up. She fights her naps, FIGHTS them (never did before) and nights are a living nightmare. She refuses to go to sleep at her normal hour, will turn on the light and then will wake up again at like 4:00 am and take forever to go back to sleep. It's exhausting.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 16th, 2010, 10:41 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? Really well ... there were a few rough days but we got past them and he loves his sister and loves giving kisses and singing to her

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? yep...there are a few times were shes woken up but i would rather her adjust to the noise then trying DS to be quite - we did the same with DS and now he can sleep thro everything

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? when i was trying DS would help hold my boob (just touch the top) for a second lol

Where Is your new LO sleeping? on me in bed or in the bassinet

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? bath time, trying to make dinner and putting DS to bed if DD is awake
September 16th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? The first couple days were a little rough, but she's doign very well. Always trying to help and give hugs and kisses.

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? He pretty much sleeps through it.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? When I was trying, she just associates it with he's hungry and leaves him alone lol. Probably because she takes her own food pretty seriously.

Where Is your new LO sleeping? He's in our room right now, in his bassinet

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? I think nights. When DD is tired and getting ready for bed, and of course DS is either on or off. Just balancing DD's nighttime routine and now DS. DH has been really good about helping out though.

Thanks to cavewoman for my beautiful siggy!

September 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
How Is your other baby/toddler adjusting to your new LO? Great actually - she always wants to know where the baby is - We tell her that his name is Jackson and say to her "can you say Jackson" and she calls him Jack Baby... She can get a little rough with him so we definitely keep an eye on that and they are never alone together.

Does your LO get any sleep with the older child running around being loud? Absolutely - we have always heard to make sure that you keep things normal in regards to volumes and stuff - so Jackson has no problem.

Are you BFing If so what does your LO do when they see you nursing? Pumping and Supplementing - Emmie saw me pumping yesterday and asked me about it and I told her I was getting baby's milk and she just kept saying baby milk.

Where Is your new LO sleeping? In a bassinet next to our bed on my side... He will move into his room about 5 or so months.

What Is the hardest part of your day with 2 ( or more ) children to look after? When I have to be with both of them by myself (last night was the first night) - It is hard when they both demand your attention at the same time.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search