Freaking out!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 11:26 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
I am 25 and last night I noticed 4-5 grey hairs nearly white on the top of my hair. I dyed my hair a few weeks ago and the white is from the scalp to about a inch down. Anyone else grey this early? My mom said when my dad and her met he was 28 and already had some grey hair by 48 be is completely grey/white. My hair is naturally dark brown. This I'd really freaking me out and making me want to just bawl my eyes out
September 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are definitely not the only one!

I'm 29 and have had silver strands for at least four years. My DH is 30 and has had his silver strands for even longer. (His dad went nearly all silver by 40)

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

September 16th, 2010, 11:48 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Do you dye it or just leave it be? This just really freaks me out.
September 16th, 2010, 12:06 PM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is 26 and he's had a few gray hairs for a couple years now
September 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I'm only 28 and I dye my hair religiously when I am not pregnant because I have something crappy from my father. I'm the only one of the kids that has grayed early. If I didn't dye my hair I would be mostly gray.

It happens and nothing for you to freak over. Just cover it!!

September 16th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol...too funny.
I noticed my first ones on my 21st bday...ironic huh? yea i was devastated but i was scared to pull them bc of the "2 growing in its place" rumor...haha...Im 28 now and have more...randomly throughout my head and a few like 6 maybe all in a bunch in the front...im going to have a cruela devil stripe i guess one day...
They have always been short but other day I noticed one as long as the rest of my hair (my hair is about the length of the bra strap in the back). That was a little freaky...
But ive embraced them, saying only wise people have them...it makes me feel better!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

September 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it makes you feel better, I started getting a few grays in around 28, Im 40 this year, and still dont have much more. Just in the front, and about maybe 20 strands or so. I do color my hair, about 2 times a year. The color takes well and I get highlights so that when the gray shows through, they blend in with the highlights. Not a sign of age at all, just something we women deal with and a nice excuse to go to the salon for a nice make over!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
~Constance~
I was 21 when the grays really started coming in. By the time I had dd at 25 I couldn't keep up with pulling them out anymore. I don't dye my hair. Too much hassle and money for me. It's more common than you'd think because most women freak out and cover it. I'm going natural because it is completely natural! I don't want to perpetuate the ridiculous standard that women shouldn't age until they're 60. My 79 year old grandmother still dyes her hair dark brown. Deep denial there.
September 17th, 2010, 12:06 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I started going grey at 20...it freaked me out at first, but I guess I'm used to it now (I'm almost 30). Nothing a good hair dresser or a box from Walgreens won't fix

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 17th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a grey streak in the front of my head. I have had it since I was 6 or 7 and it just always stayed that one spot. I'm used to it now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search