Cluster feeding.... OMG

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Either I don't remember them or they weren't at night
Layla was born just before midnight, she nursed for a half hour on each side. Then had a break and a bath and then nursed for half hour again. Then she slept for hours, I of course didn't. Silly me. She slept most of the day only nursed twice. I was a wee bit nervous, I really don't want her to have jaundice. Anyways, last night I was super tired, she started nursing around 9:30 pm, well at 11:30 I tried to put us to bed. HA, I kept falling a sleep but we didn't actually get to sleep until 3:30 AM, yes 3:30 AM!!! And even then it wasn't sound. I tried putting her in the bassinet, ha, not happening. So into bed with me, well I even with the rails up I was worried so I didn't sleep well. She actually wanted to be held but it was too hard in that bed. Anja was like that, I slept on our sofa the first week and slept semi sitting with her on my chest.
The whole time she nursed, or dozed but I couldn't move. Oh and pooping..wow. She was tootin' for a while. I tried giving her a suckie at one point, she was not happy about that at all. Then we were up at 7.
She has been great today, didn't cry during her heal prick, was great on our 4 hour drive home. We stopped a couple times to change and feed her before she got crabby. She did great.
Hopefully tonight will be more comfortable!
September 16th, 2010, 08:59 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Aw, Trish! Sorry about the sleep last night! But I'm glad that little Layla was so good all day and for the drive home. And congrats on being home...I'm sure it's so nice for you all! Hopefully you get more sleep tonight

September 16th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks Amy! It's just part of the glory It's really great all around though! Right now she is all slumped, sleeping on my chest. I love it!!!!
How are you? Oh my any day!!!!
September 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome home Layla!

That is so me tonight! I have been feeding Milan since 7 pm. He just wont stop and wont sleep for more than 30 minutes. I think he overheard my conversation about having a weigh in on Friday at the doctor's office and is now making sure he is set for good results! I hope this is my last feed before a long nap... it is 5 am!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 17th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Well we nursed from midnight until 2. Then slept until almost 3, its 3:50 and we're still nursing!
September 17th, 2010, 04:13 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
glad you are home!!
September 17th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Regular
Congrats on your little one I never nursed my DS but I am nursing my DD and the first two days went great and then on the third night she cluster fed all night long and I probably didn't get much of a blink of sleep! Luckily since then no cluster feeds and she is 6 days old now. However I have read that they go through a growth spurt around 7days - 14 days old so I'm sure I will be seeing more cluster feeds in my future! I do try to get a little nap in between during the day while she is napping but that is hard because I need to watch my DS around her too!

[IMG][/IMG]

My little angels Samantha Grace & Joseph Richard <3
September 17th, 2010, 05:48 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Welcome home!

Betsy went into cluster feeding mode on Sunday night and didn't stop until Monday afternoon. I swear, she was eating every 45 minutes and if she wasn't eating, she was crying hysterically. I spent most of the morning in tears -- thank goodness my mom was there to help me. Then, as mysteriously as it started, it stopped by mid-afternoon -- DH came home to a calm and quiet sleeping baby. He had NO CLUE about what had happened.

Since then, she's been fine. Hope Layla is too!
September 17th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully she adjusts her clusterfeeding to the day time and you can get a little more rest at night!
September 17th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Thanks! Tonight has been better but still up alot,
September 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the same problem and it's always in the middle of the night when Rachel wants to cluster feed. Last night she wanted to eat from 11:30 PM - 3:30 AM. I kept trying to put her to bed between feedings but she would only lay down for 10 minutes or so before she was up to eat again. Hopefully the cluster feedings won't last much longer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search