Happy Induction Day To Me- Update

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Veteran
Well today is the day! We check in at the hospital at 6 a.m., and from there on....who knows.

Frankly, I'm a nervous wreck! The past two days I've cried off and on just from fear...fear that I won't be able to withstand the pain (I'm planning on getting an epidural but, still scared), fear something won't go as planned...just fear of the unknown!

However, surprisingly last night I was able to sleep better than I have in awhile! Maybe all the crying helped!

Will try to update from the hospital!

UPDATE- 9/17, 9:40 a.m.
Well we're HOOOOOOOME! Without a baby, I might add.

What a cruddy morning! After I got over my panic attack in the parking lot, we managed to get into the hospital and check in. After about 15 minutes they told us it was extremely busy, there were no beds, and we might be waiting awhile.

Another 15 mins goes by, and the nurse asked me who told me to come in....uhhh my doctor (!!!??). Well, apparently they didn't have me in their books. So they call my dr's office...the on-call dr (not my doctor) had no record of it, and suggested I call the office at 8:30 when they open (WTH!?!?).

So, we leave...go to IHOP to waste some time...at 8:30 my husband calls. To make a long story a bit shorter, apparently the nurse at the dr's office who does all the appointments wrote it down in her book, but the best they can tell (she was home with a sick kid today), she never called it in to the hospital. The other nurse at the office was extremely apologetic and just kept saying how unprofessional it was and we shouldn't be in this situation. My dr. called the office and tried to get me in for later today, but the hospital has no room....so we will be doing this all over again at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Oh well, at least we know the drill now.

Last edited by LuckyShamrock3; September 17th, 2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Update
September 17th, 2010, 04:16 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Can;t wait for updates!!! good luck and ELVs!!!
September 17th, 2010, 04:20 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll do great! KUP and ELV's!!

September 17th, 2010, 05:00 AM
molly_jean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!!!
September 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Veteran
Thanks all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search