Hello my sweet JM sisters! An update on us :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 04:34 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Hey mamas!
Let me tell you -- nothing is easier than waking up at 5 in the morning to a face as sweet as your baby's! I couldn't have a heart MORE full than what it is at this moment in my life!

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement. Although his arrival did not occur as planned or as expected, Eli is here safe and sound. I am so thankful and beyond blessed by his life! He really is a sweet, sweet boy!*

Today starts Eli's third day in this world and he is certainly thriving! He has picked up breastfeeding like a pro (now his mama just needs to master some small technicalities! ) I was amazed that he just KNEW what to do! Especially since I was just winging it the first time I brought him to the breast!
He is such a peaceful baby, it amazes me! All he does is sleep all day long! And when he is awake, his eyes are wide open as he takes in the world around him! I am also continually in awe that he recognizes mine and DH's voices! When we talk he stops what he is doing and looks for us! It's like he knows he belongs to us!

DH is so great with him! I'm falling more in love with him each time he cuddles, sooths, and cares for our son! He has his funny moments too though! Yesterday he experienced changing diapers for the first time. First he got pooped on -- oh yes, black, tarry, goopy newborn poo that just kept coming and coming (and DH had already removed the wet diaper, so he basically caught the poo with a wipe!). Then when the poo stopped and DH reached for a new diaper he got peed on -- it was like a water gun! *
He fumbles around and constantly checks to make sure he's "doing things right", but it is so cute. He really loves his boy

Sidenote (new mommy observations):
It's true what they say, being a mom comes so naturally and instinctively! It kicks in right when baby comes out! You just kinda know what to do and I didn't think I would know ANYTHING!*

And this is going to sound so weird but I*love breastfeeding! I thought I would hate it and that it would hurt, but it's so beautiful and I hope that Eli continues to do well at it! *He just kind of stares up at me and it's like he knows he is mine. I love it!

To all the new mommies who HAVENT delivered yet, YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS!!! When in labor, just keep your eye on what is to come! If I could do it (AND have a c/s without having a panic attack) anyone can do it! Once your sweet baby arrives, the whole labor/delivery process doesn't even matter anymore! Just remember in the moment that it WILL pass (I know, easier said than done!!)! You are all going to do GREAT!

Sorry this so long and for gushing SO much! Blame the hormones!!!
Enjoy these times mamas, whether your LO is still in your tummy or in your arms!

And THANK YOU Alethia for being an AMAZING DDB I loved having a stalker Youre the best!!

I'll be out of the hospital on either Saturday or Sunday and I hope to catch up with you all tons more then! Until then, I'll be stalking you all on my phone!!

Lots of love to everyone (including babies and bumps)

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
September 17th, 2010, 04:48 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Kelli, thanks for sharing.... that was a very heart warming post...it is nice to read as i am not in the best of moods after getting a total of 2 hours broken sleep last night... gavin is sleeping now but Logan is up

so anyways i am happy to read your love of Eli.... being a mom is pretty amazing eh!!!!
September 17th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Angel_Maker
My heart just turned to mush! So sweet mama! TFS
September 17th, 2010, 05:28 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Awwwww!!! I'm so happy for you guys and love that he had some diaper changing difficulties. Guys are so cute with their newborns.

September 17th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again Kelli!
September 17th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Gemum
Awwww honey! Thankyou for sharing your first days as a mother Totally heartwarming.....
September 17th, 2010, 05:53 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Motherhood suits you Kelli! I agree -- there's nothing like seeing your newborn's precious face and watching their big eyes stare up at you! DH/diaper stories are always fun -- mine swore to me that the diaper was broken and how he just HATED the brand of sposie diapers I bought because they were different from the hospital ones -- turns out, he just had the diaper on backwards!

Enjoy this experience -- I know I am!
September 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! I couldn't agree with your sentiments more-it is so amazing being a mother-I have been riding the best high of my life since Wren's birth-seriously cannot imagine being any happier!

Enjoy this time and great job!
September 17th, 2010, 07:15 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Aww, thanks for sharing that! You sound like your all doing fabulous!! Enjoy and congratulations!!
September 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Your post is making me tear up. Being a Mom really is amazing!

September 17th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Oh my, how beautiful! I am so happy for you and your husband. Thanks for your words of encouragement, it makes me all the more excited to meet my little boy!! Wishing you both continued good health and happiness!!!
Joyfully expecting #2 in January!

September 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Aw, Kelli...you're making me cry I'm so glad that you are loving being a mommy and that baby Eli is doing so well!

September 17th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
Thanks for this! I am so glad you are enjoying being a mom- I am all teary thinking about meeting our little guy sometime between now and Tuesday!!! Congrats!

September 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
U def cause tons of tears on this board!!! we are all jacked up on hormones and would probably tear up at that even if we werent!!!

Thank u for sharing ur first few days!!!

Congrats again!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search