Kaylee Ann, born exactly 1 year apart from big bro.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
I was told at my 39 week appointment on Wednesday, Sept. 15th, I could come in on the 16th for induction if I would like since was 3cm dilated. I felt so bad for leaving my little man alone on his 1st birthday, much less to have another baby. He had woke up shortly before us leaving with the usual big smile on his face that just lights up the room. I held him in the recliner wrapped up in my throw blanket and we just cuddled. Kaylee expressed her interest as well kicking at her brother who was currently compressing her personal space.

I got to the hospital slightly before 6am for induction. We got in our room by 6:05am and they hooked us to the monitors and started my IV with fluids. At 7:15 they started the pit drip. By 8, my contractions were starting to pick up frequency, but not intensity, so I just sat back and "enjoyed the ride". By 8:20, my Dr. came in, checked and said I was about 3-4cm and broke my water. I was surprised that not a lot came out. The contractions decided they were going to start kicking my butt though. I decided to hold out as long as I could without getting an epidural because they don't work but for a short amount of time on me for some reason. At 9, they checked me again, I was already at 6cm. I knew this was going to go fast so I put in my order for an epi since it was going to take about an hour for him to get there. About the time they left with my paperwork the contractions got about to the unbearable stage. They were about every minute and as soon as one would slack off, the next would start. So seeing this on the monitors they gave me a shot of nubain to take the edge off. I guess me curled up at 39 weeks pregnant in the fetal position trying to keep from crying was their indication.

It helped, some. It just always makes me loopy and sleepy. I had been nervous and nauseous the entire night before, and had not gone to bed until 4am. The alarm had gone off at 5. So I tried sleeping through the contractions but, they were still just so rough. I just squeezed anything of my husbands I could get to. At one point I had my nails dug into his thigh. The anesthesiologist got to the room around 11:15. He was wonderful, I sat up and bent my back for him to start (OW that is not easy to do when your are having horrible contractions) and he told me it would be the best one I had ever had, sure enough literally withing 45 seconds of him saying that, he had me numbed, put in the tube, and had the test dose in. I immediately felt relief. I really was happy when he did the first dose, it was the perfect level of numbness. I felt the pressure of the contractions, could still feel the baby moving down, and was able to move my legs and wiggle my toes but they were numb.

At 2, they had called my OB to get here soon because I was between 9-10. As soon as he checked, he said there ws a small lip left but that I could push through it.

This is where it gets very messy. I had to pee very badly. I had left one of the nurses know earlier minutes before the OB got there, but the nurse and my husband grabbed my legs when he said "Let's do a test push". Needless to say, I sprayed him with a large amount of urine. He took off out of the room to change scrubs.

While he was gone, I felt the baby moving down really low, when the nurse checked she said she was already head through my cervix. As soon as the Dr. got back with clean scrubs, they had the bed broken down and the nurse told me to start pushing as soon as the next contraction started. This was at 2:15pm. I was amazed at how I could still feel to push and still felt pain but that it was completely tolerable enough that I was able to concentrate and figure out what worked best to move her down. They told me when she started crowning. The dr. told me to stop pushing, fora second before her Head was even out, and felt down to her neck, her cord was around it twice but he looped it back around her head and told me to push and had her head delivered in one swift move. In the same contraction her body was delivered. As soon as her head was out, before they could even suck her mouth and nose out she was screaming. As they delivered her body she pooped all over me, but I was so thrilled to have her with me. My husband cut he cord while she was laid on my belly, I was just amazed, I just kept rubbing her little cheek. They weighed and measured her while I was sewn up. I split where I had torn before, another small 2nd degree tear in the same place, oh well.

My husband was busy snapping a million pictures, Kaylee weighed 7 lbs. 3.9 oz. She is 21 inches long. The cutest little wavy tufts of brown hair and we're not sure on the eyes yet.

Her big brother Kaden came to visit her later in the afternoon, we had been dreading it. He proved us wrong by just falling in love with her. He gave her hugs & kisses and had a fit hen the nurses came and got her for her newborn pictures.

Last edited by KatieBunny; September 17th, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
September 19th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it is so awesome that your kiddos will share a birthday! I bet they'll be really close growing up! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search