where is everyone's little one sleeping at night??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering for those of us that have had our babies... where are they sleeping at night??
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
September 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hayden usually co-sleeps with us unless Im not feeling well and think I will sleep hard. Then he sleeps in his Fisher Price Rock and Roll Cradle.
September 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a close and secure sleeper that goes inbetween DH and I in bed. It's working great!
September 17th, 2010, 03:04 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Chase sleeps in his pack and play in our sitting room off our bedroom.

September 17th, 2010, 03:11 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Grace sleeps in her bassinet right next to my side of the bed.....unless I fall asleep while I'm feeding her or burping her which has happened......but I think I just nod off real quick.
September 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
With me and DH. I've got the co-sleeper, but have yet to get him in it for a full night. I do pretty good to get him settled and asleep there when I'm getting Finn to sleep (8 pm or so) but after his next feeding, he never makes it BACK to the co-sleeper for some reason....

Today, I made a pallet on the living room floor (we have wood floors) so I could stretch out with him and watch TV (since I can't nurse comfortably on the couch laying down) -- anyhow, ended up sleeping on the floor with him for 2 hours. gack. My hip hurts

So we pretty much sleep anywhere, ha!

September 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Lauraubie's Avatar Super Mommy
The first week Gabby slept on me or in her swing because I couldn't go upstairs from my c-section. Now she is sleeping in her crib, which is in our room.

Custom Photo Cards & Invitations ~ Peek at my Website ~ Like me on Facebook
September 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy is sleeping in her pack and play, which is set up in the living room. I'm sleeping on the couch at night as I'm not 100% from my c-section and the stairs are too much.
September 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Aurora is sleeping in the pack n play bassinet in our bedroom.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
September 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Gavin would have to sleep at night to sleep somewhere!!

he does do a bit of sleep in the pnp beside my bed but once he gets up once he can't seem to get into a good sleep,,,, he moans and cries in his sleep... he does go back to sleep on me in the chair

during the day he sleeps on the go in the carseat, in the swing or cuddling with me ( i like that the best!)
September 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paige will sleep just about anywhere during the day but at night it's a completely different story! She wakes every 1-2 hours to eat and the transition from nursing to her bassinet beside my bed is always a difficult one. The hard part is the staying awake long enough to transfer!! I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep sitting up in bed with my head flopped to the side, talk about a stiff neck!
September 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been sleeping in the recliner or the couch and levi has been sleeping on me. sometimes we are able to get him in his fisher price rock and roll cradle.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
September 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Layla will sleep with us. However we've only been home one night. We went back and forth from my bed and the sofa.
September 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Myles sleeps in his bassinet in the living room (just off our bedroom). We did have him in our room, but he is a huge grunter and we weren't getting any sleep. Not sure why, but I seem to make grunters? DS was also a grunter - it eventually went away around 8 - 10 weeks.
September 17th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS is sleeping in his bassinet in the pack and play in our bedroom. I'm just not comfortable with him sleeping in his nursery yet, plus I have to get up to feed him several times a night and it's just easier. My in-laws are coming in 2 weeks and will sleep in the nursery (have a spare bed there) so I didn't think it was worth it to get him used to his crib then have to put him back in the pnp in our room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacleod View Post
Myles sleeps in his bassinet in the living room (just off our bedroom). We did have him in our room, but he is a huge grunter and we weren't getting any sleep. Not sure why, but I seem to make grunters? DS was also a grunter - it eventually went away around 8 - 10 weeks.
Hey, I wonder if he has the same thing that my son has. I asked the pediatrician about it b/c he does that grunting thing plus it seems sometimes that he will make this loud noise when he breathes in. She said he has "laryngomalacia" which is basically a soft/floppy larynx (voice box) but that he will grow out of it, most likely.
September 18th, 2010, 07:11 AM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajenna View Post
Paige will sleep just about anywhere during the day but at night it's a completely different story! She wakes every 1-2 hours to eat and the transition from nursing to her bassinet beside my bed is always a difficult one. The hard part is the staying awake long enough to transfer!! I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep sitting up in bed with my head flopped to the side, talk about a stiff neck!
DITTO!! I could've wrote that myself. Except sometimes I get too tired to attempt the transition back to her bassinet and she just falls asleep on my chest, which has been the best sleep I've gotten the past few nights!

September 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, I wonder if he has the same thing that my son has. I asked the pediatrician about it b/c he does that grunting thing plus it seems sometimes that he will make this loud noise when he breathes in. She said he has "laryngomalacia" which is basically a soft/floppy larynx (voice box) but that he will grow out of it, most likely.[/quote]

Not sure, my pediatrician didn't give it a name. He just said it was normal. I'll have to google "laryngomalacia" .
September 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
I haven't had my baby yet, but the pack n play that we have has the bassinet but also a bedside couch thing that sits inside and puts the baby at the level of our bed so she'll sleep right next to me in that.. and when she's older it comes off and you can use it as a cot, or a little couch so she can sit on it and watch tv when she's a learning to walk around

September 19th, 2010, 03:31 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
He sleeps with me
September 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He always starts out the night in the nursery but usually either at the 4am feeding or the 8am one I just move to the couch and put him in his PNP. He seems to sleep better there. I bought a firm mattress for the crib, but the PNP has a hard bottom and I don't know if somehow that's more comfy for him or if he just likes having me in the room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search