Hemorhoid ? TMI

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
I developed a hemorrhoid a week after giving birth and I've had it two weeks! I can't sleep at night. Sitting up seems to help for some reason. The dr. called in a foam called Proctofoam and told me to take colace and do sitz baths a few times a day with really really salty water.

I'm taking Motrin, soaking a cloth in epson water and then laying down with it for a few minutes a few times a day, using the proctofoam, using hydrocortisone, using prep H. Taking colace and metamucil.

Any other thoughts? I'm going to loose my mind this is soooo painful. I'm calling the dr. again on monday and see if they can call me in any other medications.

September 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Simple is best. Witch Hazel on a cotton pad between the cheeks while laying down. If you had an episiotomy, I don't know if I would do it though, might sting but it is an astringent.

September 18th, 2010, 12:38 PM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
[QUOTE=MotherFrog;21559081]Simple is best. Witch Hazel on a cotton pad between the cheeks while laying down. [QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing.
September 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
i had one a few months ago and i ended up in the ER with it, becuase it was so painful, I had to have it lanced open, and even after i had that done, and got a medicated cream and colace it still took 3 weeks to go away.... best of luck to you!

September 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
missmich
My nurse advised me to use a Tucks pad in between my cheeks and sleep with it in there for a night. It contains witch hazel so you can use either that or the straight witch hazel on a cotton pad the same way. I think it should be fine for the peri tearing if you have that as well. Many of the doulas/midwives that I talked to said this helps with tearing as well. Also drink a lot of water and maybe some veggie juice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search