Should I or shouldn't I

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So last week DBF's uncle died while on an overseas trip...the funeral is supposed to be this weekend if they can get the body through customs or however that works exactly. I really want to be there for DBF but I am concerned about taking Logan. Last weekend we had no choice since I couldn't drive so DBF couldn't leave us alone that long. I know its easier to take newborns on trips than say a toddler, but I am worried that he hasn't had his 1 month shots yet, there's going to be a lot of people wanting to hold him, and his 18 month old nephew will be there. I'm worried the 18 month old may have germs and I'm worried he'll try and touch Logan. I plan to call and ask the pedi (and I hate that I'm turning into one of those mothers, lol) but I was curious what y'all think.

September 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it should be fine, and shots are at 2 months i believe....that's when Kaylee's next appt is. And babies are pretty resilient to germs...if you dont want the 18 month old touching baby you have that choice too to say please no touching baby only looking. Kaylee has been EVERYwhere and is only 6 weeks old and hasn't gotten sick and had lot's of other kiddos touching her - but i make sure their hands are dirt covered too tho...i'm def more lax tho than i was with DS (i think that's part of 2nd baby ). And again if you don't want people to hold him or would like them to wash their hand first - make it clear - you're the mama you get the say!!!
September 18th, 2010, 03:35 PM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any type of carrier or wrap? I wouldn't ask to hold a baby if it was all snuggly against his mommy, especially one so young. But I agree with Alethia, it is probably ok to take him, just be stern with your rules on no touching or washing hands 1st.
September 18th, 2010, 03:56 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it would be ok too...just watch those wanna touch and hold him people like a hawk!!! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search