My son goes poop alot today,is that ok?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
missmich
So my little man has some jaundice and the doc and all the nurses said to BF as much as I can,so I have been. They said the more he pees and poops the faster it will pass through his liver and be gone. The also said babies should have 1 pee for each day of their age,so day 1 will be 1 pee,day 2 will be 2 pees etc... They didn't say how many poops though. Today he's had 4 so far. One was a tarry poop and the rest have been nice breast milk poops. I'm a little afraid that maybe I fed him to much and now he has poops that are bugging his little tummy. I hear his tummy gurgle when he does his poop.
September 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep for breast fed babies its normal to poop lots!!! When kaylee was B/F she pooped with almost every diaper!
September 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM
missmich
Wooo! Ok that's good then! I won't worry then. It's just that when I have a gurgle in my tummy and I have to poop it doesn't feel good at all.

Also may be a silly question,but with each poop diaper does it mean there is also pee in there? Again when I poop I also have to pee so I assume he does too.
September 18th, 2010, 06:12 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Gavin poops SO much!! i would say normally 8 a day!!! and his tummy makes the same noise and often i can hear the poop shooting out his bum and hitting the diaper!!!

the thing about pee matching their days is new to me... i thought they had to pee more than that i can't remember off the top of my head but i have a chart and it wants more pee than that
if you want i can go looking for that chart

sorry i was typing during your last message... the feel of the diaper will change if there is pee in it too.... for us the pee is normally more in the front of the diaper and the poo at the back

try feeling a diaper before you use it and then compare to the on you took off... the front part will probably feel different
hope that sorta makes sense
September 18th, 2010, 06:22 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she doesnt always pee when pooping or at least a small enough amount i cant tell
September 18th, 2010, 06:37 PM
missmich
Yeah with a pee diaper I can often hear it happen and it also feel a bit jelly like n the diaper.

At the hospital I told the nurse I worried b/c he only made one pee that day and she told me not to worry then told me about the pee matching their age. It can go up to 6 pees a day. In another place I read they need to have about 10 -12 diapers a day.
September 19th, 2010, 03:18 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I think most BF babies poop multiple times per day. He will "regulate" in a few weeks hun, you're doing GREAT!
September 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
I think Roan does 12-15 poops a day -- because I usually have to change him before and after feeding

September 19th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My little angel poops a LOT! About 8 out of 10 diapers are poop diapers... I hope it regulates soon.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Michelle! How ya doing?

Wren poops ALL THE TIME! I swear we change 6-8 poopy diapers a day, so not to worry. In fact, it is great that your little man is pooping so much right now because he'll get rid of the jaundice in no time.
September 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM
missmich
I'm doing great! I really am! We had our first outing yesterday! A nice long,but slow 2 hour walk around the waterfront where I live,I can't believe I've never walked there before. They have a nice park and water feature for the warmer weather when he's older and also a little ice cream place! We went to Tim Hortons and everyone was admiring him and they loved his name! I was so proud and happy! He's such a happy baby too.
September 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I was told about the pee thing too (matching their days in age)..Elaina also poops A LOT, always a little with almost every single diaper change and many times she'll shoot poop out while in the middle of changing her LMAO! Sounds like you're doing everything just perfectly

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search