Help! Was this my mucous plug!?! (TMI)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay just a warning this is wayyyyy TMI:
This afternoon I went to the bathroom. As I wiped I heard something that sounded like rubber hitting something. I looked at the wall across from me and there was what I am wondering was my mucous plug on the wall (I guess it slung across and hit the wall when I wiped?). I got it off the wall with TP. It was a very thick, clumpy glob that stayed together in a jelly-like substance. It did not seperate like discharge would. Even when I poked a finger in it and pulled it out it all stayed in one big glob. It didn't smell much like anything at all--didn't smell like discharge. Only thing is it was completely cloudy clear. It wasn't tinged with pink like I've read your mucous plug often is.
Does this sound like my mucous plug? Or do you just think it was a bunch of nasty discharge?
How long after losing your plug did you notice labor starting?
TIA!!

September 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm....who knows!

I never saw any of my plug with #1. With #2 I hang pink tinged gook for an afternoon before my contractions started. Every time I go pee I keep hoping to see something, but so far nothing.
September 19th, 2010, 03:19 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
could have been. when i lost my plug with DD it was like that but mine was super bloody (TMI) - i was induced with DD - so i'm not sure how long labor starts after you loose it, you can loose it right before labor starts, during labor or a few days before.
September 19th, 2010, 03:36 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I attended a homebirth and her mucous plug sounded JUST like yours. (She was saving it for the midwife to see, lol)

I slowly lost mine with Hayden but didn't have any red tinge...and obviously, I didn't get that far with Cohen.

Definitely sounds like it to me! I hope this is SOON for you!
September 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Really?? That gives me hope that it actually could have been it. It definetely didn't look like the typical discharge. Everyone else has told me theirs had blood in it so I was really doubting myself. I hope it was, too. Thanks, Melissa!

September 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i hope it was!! I've heard many say theirs didn't have any color (pink) to it....each woman is different! sending LABOR VIBES
September 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I think it could have been!! I didn't know when I lost it with Carter, but with Jack, I started losing it about 24 hours before labor began! I hope this is it for you!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
September 19th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks girls!! I hope this is it, too. This has made me really excited but I'm a bit worried I'll be giving my hopes up.
I predicted if I didn't go past my EDD he would be born on 9/20. Since today's 9/19 that'd be pretty neat if my prediction came true and I could go into labor tonight!!

September 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Gemum
Yup, my Mum's was like that. A solid lump of jelly. Said hers had the tiniest blood tinge but was mostly a solid glob, she said she felt like if she threw it... it'd bounce!
September 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM
LOL well mine sounded like rubber hitting cement. It was the weirdest thing. I'm glad some of you have heard of it *not* having blood in it--now I'm started to get hopeful!

September 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I never saw a plug and I have two kids...but I'm thinking you either lost your plug or you are manufacturing super balls. I vote for the first! Good luck!
September 19th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Super Mommy
Your post made me laugh because I had pretty much the same experience today. Mine didn't make it quite to the wall though. I think it is the mucus plug. Mine sounds exactly like what you described too, as far as color and odor go.

September 19th, 2010, 05:56 PM
LOL it was a very odd experience. I literally started LOL and my hubby said "What?" I replied "Umm...you really don't want to know!"

Yay!! Did you really have the same thing today? That's insane. I'm hoping these are really good signs for us and things will start getting active and exciting tonight!

September 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been losing pieces of something today that sounds like what ur describing....mine had been cloudy whitish yellowey maybe lol no blood to it at all but its nothing like any discharge I've ever had!!! Its very thick and does not lose its shape when u mess with it...it almost looks like a more jelly version of snot (ewwww I know). I called the nurse and described it and she said it sounded like a mucus plug and that they don't have to have any blood to them...and some womens even comes in a more thick liquidy form.
September 19th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Yes, mine sounds just like what you're describing as well.
I just had a tad bit more when I went to the bathroom again, but it wasn't nearly as much as the first clump. Good to know the nurse confirmed it isn't always tinged with blood!

September 19th, 2010, 07:49 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I lost mine with both boys and was not tinged with blood at all. Now this time I lost it Thursday of last week. It was really very bloody and I was having strong contractions. LOL contractions stopped and here I am still waiting.

It def sounds like you lost your mucus plug today.

September 19th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Yay!!!! Now to join you in the wait.....

September 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a mucus plug to me! I hope your turn comes soon

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 20th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Thanks girls for all of the feedback.
I found a video last night of someone messing with a mucous plug in a lab-like setting (Ewww, really gross...I know!) but it looked just like what I lost and when they were messing with it, it was pretty much the exact same consistancy. I'm now convinced it was in fact my plug and especially since a lot of you have had it without any blood as well.
Sooooo I had some contractions last night and was really excited but they didn't have much of a pattern and I only had one that woke me up in the middle of the night. Now I haven't had a single once since 3 am. Boo!!! As if I wasn't antsy enough already, now my senses are on extremely high alert! This wait is crazy frustrating to me, I'm so ready to meet him!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search