Postpartum Bodies

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
How is everyone feeling about their bodies after baby?

I'm 4 days PP from my c-section and I hate it. I know that it hasn't been that long and I keep telling myself that it will take time before it is even close to what it was before, but I hate looking at myself in the mirror.

*I have this area below my belly button that looks like a pouch of skin. What is with that?! I am terrified that I will always have this little pouch. It is sooo completely unattractive.

*My boobs are GINORMOUS. Just call me Pamela Anderson. Except they wouldn't turn ANYONE on. They resemble overfilled balloons and they are so uncomfortable -- I haven't even tried putting on a bra since I've been home. I hate feeling like they hang down to my belly button.

*My stretch marks are still there. Obviously I KNEW that they wouldn't just disappear, but stretch marks on a deflated stomach... c'mon. My tummy couldn't look any worse.

*The only thing I like is that my face has started to go down after being swollen for the past two weeks -- so now my face doesn't look like a blob. Woohoo.

I don't mean to be so negative, but I didn't think my body would ever consume this much of my thoughts or emotions after giving birth. It is just ridiculous. I'm afraid I will look like this forever!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 19th, 2010, 04:13 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
All of the above here too. I guess I expect it since I looked this bad last time. I can tell you the stretch marks fade to whitish, the pouch gets smaller (mine didn't go away though) and the boobs kinda settle in as you get used to BF. The Motherhood Maternity cloth nursing bras are pretty comfy, I have been wearing them mostly since getting home. I hear you though, it is not a pretty sight to look in the mirror and also I am afraid to weigh myself, hoping I lost a lot but afraid I didn't yet.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

September 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dont worry - try to relax and breath. Post Partum bodies are wayyyy less attractive then prego ones - but it WILL go back - it takes time - remember it took 10 months to stretch everything out and add fat and everything else we've done to it - it takes time to go back. It takes 6 weeks for your uterus to be healed and back to the normal size - for you its still at your belly button level. the scar will heal and things will redistribute - and your boobs WILL go down - sure they'll still be bigger than before - but not crazy big - seriously they'll go down - once your body learns about the supply level to hold etc. DEEP BREATHS!!

remind ourselves

my tummy's big because there was just a baby in there that is with me now - thank you big tummy
my boobs are HUGE because they're making milk to give to my baby - thank you big a*s boobs
i have extra fat and stretches because baby needed it to grow and now loves the softness to snuggle - thank you extra fat
September 19th, 2010, 04:16 PM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I hate mine as well. It has been a little over 3 weeks since I had Jack and I hate looking in the mirror and I hate even more getting dressed. I still can't wear my regular jeans. I can, but the ones that I can actually manage to get buttoned push my flabby loose belly skin right out the top and it looks horrendous! The stretch marks are still horrible. With Carter, I don't remember this at all. I'm pretty sure I was back to regular clothes by now and I hardly had any stretch marks. This is a new ball game for me and I hate it. I wear my pj's almost constantly, unless I am going into public and then I wear my maternity jeans with a belly band around them to hold them up. I feel ugly. Hugs to you sweetie. You are not alone!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
September 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
That's all normal, and yes, it will go back. Look at my before pregnancy pics...well I'm old...but I had two kids =)

I hate the skin pouch. And did you ever know boobs could be gross?
September 19th, 2010, 04:34 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
hugs! i don't know if anyone posted here about the things to "prepare" for as a first time mom...my postpartum body after hayden was one of my biggest shocks! hugs! it does get better mama!
September 19th, 2010, 04:41 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Just do what I do -- don't look at it! I'm 11 days PP -- I'm recovering from a c-section, I'm exhausted, preggo weight is going but leaving flabby skin and I'm currently a 36DD . I have NO interest in looking at myself right now as I know I look like crap. I'd rather look at my precious sweet little Betsy and admire her cuteness. I have at least more weeks before we can DTD, so I'll worry about it then!
September 19th, 2010, 04:43 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My biggest problem is my boobs and tummy are soooo dry! I moisturize, use special creams and it still feels like I haven't moisturized in years. And I lost my butt I really don't know where it went . I can't wait to be cleared to work out. I won't do much right away but some leg lifts would be a great start.

September 19th, 2010, 04:59 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
My biggest issue is the tummy pouch and how it folds over my c/s scar. I never had that with my DD. I hope it goes away!

September 19th, 2010, 05:41 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tenli's Mom~ View Post
My biggest issue is the tummy pouch and how it folds over my c/s scar. I never had that with my DD. I hope it goes away!
Yes. This is exactly what I have.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I like Amy's idea. Let's just not look at it. At all. I am in big ugly frumpy sweatpants and a maternity top right now. It is all that fits. I dread leaving the house, and my feet are so swollen I can't get shoes on anyway. So I am a hermit. A fat hermit with a pouch.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

September 19th, 2010, 06:38 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I'm actually happy about it this time around. With my first it was a shock how gross I felt and looked... BUT my stretch marks faded and my stomach got flat again and I started feeling great about myself again (and DH had to go and knock me up again )

So this time around I'm not even upset about it. I was expecting it. I know it'll get better! Yes... I have more stretch marks this time around... my skin is saggy BUT with some time and work and patience I'm confident I'll feel great about my body again SOMEDAY!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
September 19th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hating it. The thought of looking in my closet for something to wear makes me want to cry. I managed to get through this pregnancy with no stretch marks, but the stomach flab is horrendous, all I can wear without looking like I have a huge muffin top is maternity shirts. I still feel like I look 4 months pregnant.

The thought of going back to work in 2 weeks and having nothing to wear just makes me feel even worse. Ugh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search