Swelling in feet post-C section??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 03:16 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Hi ladies,
Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this...had no swelling in hospital and now that I am home, my left foot is blown up bigger than normal and my right is pretty bad too, but not quite as big as the left. It feels like it did when I was pregnant. I am wondering if this is a bad thing or a common thing? I am reluctant to call the OB cause she might make me go to the ER for testing when it is probably nothing. It started yesterday, went away after I slept last night and has slowly returned today. Now it is night and it is bad again. If it comes and goes, I am guessing it is just related to too much walking or sitting? Any ideas?
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

September 19th, 2010, 04:36 PM
niccimarie's Avatar Veteran
it is normal permy dr, i had very little swelling pregnant . now on day 9 after c sec i a=have huge feet, its from all the fluids during and after labor
September 19th, 2010, 04:44 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They pump you full of lots of fluids during your c-section. My swelling lasted about 2 weeks... my feet were HUGE! I mean like, I was shocked huge! It's normal

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

September 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
yes, i had some serious feet swelling the first 2 weeks of PP i did alot of soaking feet in eposom salt that works beautifully for me. I believe its all the meds that was put in our systems while in hosptial that didn't have time to cycle out when being discharged.
September 19th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Ok! I thought so, but just checking. I am sitting here with feet propped up on the boppy on the couch. It stinks because I can barely walk without feeling like I am dragging a leg behind me.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)

September 19th, 2010, 05:41 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My feet and legs were worse than when I was pregnant for 2 weeks after my section
September 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Lauraubie's Avatar Super Mommy
Me too... this c-section and my last one. Lasted about 2 weeks. Keeping your feet up helps a lot.

Custom Photo Cards & Invitations ~ Peek at my Website ~ Like me on Facebook
September 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
missmich
I had some minor swelling the last 4 weeks or so of pregnancy in my feet and legs. When I woke up and uncovered my feet and legs I was like holy crap!!! What happened to me? I was 3-4 times bigger! It's gone down a whole lot today though and it looks a lot more normal. I was told that walking a little right after while still in the hospital and drinking lots of fluids will help get rid of it. Also put your feet up and sleep with a pillow under feet and don't wear socks.
September 19th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Renwick2002's Avatar Veteran
It took me 13 days post csection to have my swelling go away. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse it did! I've been deswollen for 4 days now and my feet ache and feel completely bruised from the stretched skin and pressure.
September 20th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Ms_jamie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ms_jamie
I got scared too. The swelling in my feet was horrible! It hurt to walk. I'm now 11 days PP and it's still here but no where near as bad as it was in the beginning. They should warn you about that at the hospital when they discharge you.

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com
September 20th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I got no warning on this one! It was kinda like, BAM there it is!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search