What did you...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One of the replies in another post got me wondering...basically it was saying the baby comes when you aren't really wanting them to. What did you have planned for the day your little one arrived (if they weren't scheduled)?

Mine came the night of my last girls' night out at Melting Pot. I went in for labs 2 hours before the dinner was set to start expecting to be done in time and due to BP had to stay for an induction. Now every Mother's Day, once he's old enough, I'm going to have him and his father make fondue for me.

September 19th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
With my son and daughter I went into labor at midnight.

With my son I had no plans. Sit and mope until he got born.

With my daughter...I was SO MISERABLE. I went to the OB the night before she was born. I asked him to take me off of work and he set up an induction (well, we didn't finalize it but we talked about it) for Thursday. I was to have the next day off of work and be off until she was born. I was going to relax because contractions were 3 minutes apart and painful.

But my water broke at midnight and she was born at 5:03 am.

This week, between now and Friday, Jessica could potentially ruin 5 days at work, two doctors appointments, Curriculum Night, and a night of my kids at dance class. Plus a funeral I have to go to. All things that I could totally skip if she'd come. She won't be ruining anything =)

If she comes next weekend...I have 12 hours of carting my kids to play rehearsal. I won't be in the vicinity of a hospital or anything.

At this point, I am thinking I'll go past my due date...and I never really considered that before, since I never even made it to a due date...if nothing happens on Wednesday I will start planning the next week...see if there is something there she'll be interrupting.

It's kind of all about her now, every minute everyone wants to know if she is here yet!!!
September 19th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
oh goodness I was the complete opposite. I mean, nothing but the usual going on. Work. yay...

But I had both my boys on the weekend (one Sat, one Sun) -- so the Friday before both, I set my out of office on my work phone and my email as a "just in case" because I was getting "close" -- and voila! no sooner than I do that, and I have baby =D

Roan was born at 37 weeks 5 days... maybe I should of waited another week to set my out-of-office??

September 19th, 2010, 08:46 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Well, considering the situation, Cohen came and we had to re-plan our whole summer! It's okay though! Wouldn't trade it for the world.
September 19th, 2010, 09:06 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
this time i missed a visitation for my friends dad
for my first son i missed my own baby shower that night
September 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Since things were planned out for th most part I was covered with everything. Had it been in the middle of the night prior to when I did deliver I would have been in a lot of trouble. My dh works night so it would have been just me here with the girls, everyone else was at least 45 minutes away. I honestly don't know what would have happed, thank goodness eveything went the way it did!

September 20th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We actually had a very nice day planned. We were supposed to meet some friends and go to a photo gallery, then we had planned to have lunch in Montreal.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh was helping his parents move that morning. I thought I might be in labor but I wasn't entirely sure. So he went and helped his parents and by the time he got back, I was sure that it was the real thing. We also missed our neighborhood block party. We left 30 minutes before it started.
With my first, we missed a cook-out with friends. And with my others, we didn't have any plans.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search