diaper rash already

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
niccimarie's Avatar Veteran
so my little man already has a diaper rash please help. is t what im eating, i change it every 2 hours. i was using a and d , now butt paste by bourduex.. any suggestions please.. he does poop a lot, and its musardy...
September 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Layla got a bit of a rash while still in the hospital. This early, I don't think it has anything to do with what you are eating, more their little bums getting used to diapers.
I use this http://www.cjsewingroom.com/?p=1003 I ordered the sample 8 pack. It's yummy and worked so fast.
September 19th, 2010, 05:54 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use butt paste, it has always worked great for all of my kids! Good Luck!
September 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
butt paste and instead of just a wipe get it wet with water too - its more gental that way
September 19th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you using Pampers? They recently changed their chemicals and some kids have gotten really bad rashes.

I've always had the best luck with Desitin.
September 19th, 2010, 07:25 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
Ryker had his first one at a week old. We switched out of pampers, stopped using wipes and now use paper towels squirted with water from a water bottle, butt paste, and the dr. recommended we put vaseline over the butt paste. We also started washing his butt every day when he's sleepy. Then I put him butt up on the bed and let him air out for as long as he will lay there. I put a diaper under him and have a water proof doohinkey under that.

It's taken over a week, but it's finally gone. His got so bad it was a mess. Hubby didn't know about butt paste while I was in the hospital.

September 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Chase got a really bad diaper rash already too. I use the original Desitin (the purple one) and it cleared it up. I also suggest using a wet washcloth for a while instead of the wipes.

September 20th, 2010, 05:38 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy's got it too. We're using Desitin and while it's helping some, it's not actually making the rash go away. I might try that butt paste and giving her bum some air time.
September 20th, 2010, 06:16 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Butt Paste all the way. I've used it with both boys and will use it with Geni. I haven't used their rash protector yet but will be giving it a try this time around.

September 20th, 2010, 07:35 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
I have tried every product out there and honestly nothing really worked that well. UNTIL I started using petroleum jelly aka Vaseline. But I just use the off brand "nursery jelly" in the baby section. It's fairly cheap. It works like a charm and the rash is actually better after the first diaper change, it's amazing. So for me petroleum jelly has worked the best and beats desitin anyday

Last edited by LifenTheFastLane; September 20th, 2010 at 07:37 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search