baby Mathews arrival

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 01:24 PM
niccimarie's Avatar Veteran
I went in on Thursdaysept 8th for induction... I took the cardival tablets all night long and those beds suck, thats all I knew so very little sleep that night. THen about 8 am I was only 1.5 cm and 70% effaced. SO not much help at all. Then Dr decided to start the picotin, That was okay for about an hour I would say, THey say I was having contractions but I did not feel anything. Then Dr. came back in about 9am and wanted to break my water to help baby head engage, well he did and I was a gushers, the bed was wet the dr got went, The midwife nirse said that I just lost 5 inches off my belly.lol. THen I thought it was a good idea to go pee, Well bad idea I made into the bathroom and sat down and within minutes I felt those contractions. THey blow. I told Dh that I never wanted to have another baby again. They flipping hurt like hell. So getting off the toliet that was a no go for me. Every time I stood up I had a contraction, So I went from none to having them every 2 min for a minute long. Holy cow. they hurt I thought I could do this naturally, Forget that. I got back to the bed after about 45 min on the toliet. they hooked me up in the bathroom. Then I made it till about noon on my own, the Dr came in and asked if I was one the epe, i Said no, he said well you have a while to go, SO I changed my mind and asked for one. THe dr checked right before and I progressed to a 5.5 on my own. Got the epi right after and WOW do they work miracles, I barely felt anything at all. So then around 4 or so I was at a 10 and fully effaced and ready to push, but baby was suny side up I tried every position possible I think. I wsas on my back first, then I squated, then on both sides, then over the top of the bed. All this for close to 3.5 hours and Dr came in again and baby was just hitting my pelvic bone and I had not progressed at all. She gave e the option of c sec, though she also said If I did make it then i could have more problems. Well I decided again to have the csec, I was very dissapointed and cried the entire time. But there he was and he was a hefty boy 9.9 1/2 oz and 20.5 inches long. and a 15 inch head. So there he was. I was in recovery for only about 25 minutes while the paper work and my vitals were checked. The heart monitor was not working so the nurses fooled around with that fora a bit. Then off to my room and to see my baby. Daddy was soo proud and soo generous he waited until I could hold baby first before anyone else could, like parents and friends. We stayed in hospital another 4 days as baby went under lights for jaundice on the last day. But he is doing good now. I am a proud and sleepy mommy.
September 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I am sorry you ended up having a c/s, but I am glad your baby is doing well now

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 29th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about having to have the c/s. I'm glad you and your little man are doing well now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search