I need a game plan...help!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Okay...it's REALLY looking like I'm going to go past my due date.

I'm 39 weeks 2 days and I have to tell you...I don't feel like I'm having a baby within the next 3 days. I'd know if I was. During the day at work, you wouldn't even know I was pregnant. Really.

At my last appointment, I was 1-2 cms, 50% effaced, and baby was at station -2 to -1.

My next appointment is Wednesday. I'll be 39 weeks 4 days. My next appointment after that is the following Wednesday, Sept 29. I'll be 40 weeks 4 days. I don't have anything scheduled after that. And trying to get an appointment...impossible. Unless I took off of work, which I can't if I want paid leave.

So I want to ask the OB some questions. And NOT LEAVE THERE feeling like a pain in the butt.

First off, I want to know if I've made any progress. Although it doesn't really matter. I could be dialated to 4 and 100% effaced and I still don't feel like I'm having a darn baby!!!

Secondly...I want to know if he can stretch my cervix and strip my membranes at this visit. (Last time he did that I had a baby 10 hours later...of course I had been having contractions for three weeks...so she was probably ready anyway.)

Thirdly...he told me early on that, since this baby was measuring big, they won't let me go too far past my due date. I want to know if that still stands. Or is he going to play the "You'll have a baby by Christmas" game with me?

I guess I want to know, after Wed, what the plan is. Will he see me one more time and, if nothing happens, schedule an induction? He induces on Thurs only...will I have my baby on Sept 30? Or will he make me wait 8 more days?

Lastly, I want to know, if he is in no hurry to get the baby out in September (I can see waiting 5 days past my due date...but any more than that seems stupid.) HOW DO WE KNOW my baby is safe?

I have no ultrasounds...NST tests...all he does is measure my belly, listen for a heartbeat (I can do all of this at home and my belly has been 37 weeks for 6 weeks now so I'd say uh, not much growth???) and do an internal. How so we KNOW the amniotic fluid is at a safe level? How do we KNOW the placenta is working? How do we KNOW she is at a healthy weight? Maybe she isn't coming because she only weighs 5 pounds and she really isn't ready. Maybe she weighs 12 and they'll make me push for 6 hours before the c section.

What's the PROOF...that's what *I* want to know if he is going to be all "I'm not telling you!"

I don't want to be induced...I want to go on my own...if he wanted to let me go until next week...I'd be okay with it. I will not be okay going any longer than next Thursday, unless he starts bringing me in for regular tests to make sure she is okay.

Is this too much to ask?
September 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
I'd just ask him all that and get all red head on his *** if he gives you any one liners. My doc stripped my membranes when I was only 1cm dilated.

September 20th, 2010, 06:33 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Your dr is crazy!!! i hope he listens to you and doesn't let you go to far over due.... we want fall babies not winter ones!!!!
September 20th, 2010, 08:55 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Well, Angela... Given the type of doc you have, I think the only thing that is going to work to get you the answers you need and want is to be just as blunt with him. Have your list of very specific questions on paper, and check each one of as he answers them. It helps to have them written down, then your docs know you are serious and not just flying by the seat of your pants. I really wish Jessica would make things easy on you and come before you have to ask all these questions.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search