Feeling guilty...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've let Reid sleep in his bouncy seat the last 2 nights. He just can't seem to get comfy for long periods of time in the co sleeper, and I was getting desperate for a couple uninterrupted hours of sleep last night, so I just put him in the bouncer. Now i'm feeling kinda guilty about it, like its something I shouldn't be doing.
September 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
My oldest slept in his bouncy seat for the first month, he wouldn't sleep in his cradle or crib and we had a water bed. We bought a new bed so that he could sleep with us LOL
September 20th, 2010, 11:34 PM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS#1 slept in the bouncy chair for a couple weeks because he was so fidgety otherwise. I felt guilty at the time too, but at least I was able to get a little sleep.
September 21st, 2010, 01:28 AM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel guilty...he is fine and u got some much needed rest!!!!! He needs a rested mommy!!!
September 21st, 2010, 04:11 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Don't feel guilty! One of my kids slept in a laundry basket and I slept in a dresser drawer when I was a baby.

September 21st, 2010, 04:15 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Don't feel guilty! It's comfy for him and it allows you to get some much needed sleep.
September 21st, 2010, 05:16 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 3rd slept in a swing most nights when he was a baby. It's not a big deal.

September 21st, 2010, 05:36 AM
Lauraubie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherFrog View Post
Don't feel guilty! One of my kids slept in a laundry basket and I slept in a dresser drawer when I was a baby.
A laundry basket! That's awesome!

Don't feel guilty! Gabby is sleeping in her swing. We tried the crib a couple nights but she doesn't sleep as well. We also suspect some reflux issues so I really think she is more comfy upright. We just figure that we will transition to the crib later. Whatever it takes to get some sleep

Custom Photo Cards & Invitations ~ Peek at my Website ~ Like me on Facebook
September 21st, 2010, 05:38 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
i feel the same way ,,,, i havent put him in it at night yet but i have a feeling i will very soon!!!!
i don't think we need to feel guilty but as mothers we always have guilt about not being good enough

don't worry, he is getting sleep and he needs sleep to grow and you can do more for him when you are not exhausted
September 21st, 2010, 05:50 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel guilty at all!!! Lots of babies sleep in bouncers or car seats -where ever is comfy and safe - a bouncer is just as safe as a new born as long as he's strapped in.
September 21st, 2010, 05:55 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Lurking from Oct Whatever works mama! My DS slept in his bouncer for 8 long weeks due to reflux and I was so worried I wouldn't be able to transition him back to a flat surface, but it was so problem once he was ready! Have you seen the Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper?? I am totally getting one if this baby can't sleep laying down! Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper - Fisher-Price - Babies "R" Us

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
September 21st, 2010, 06:45 AM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
My DS would only sleep in his bouncy seat until about 3 months. He had acid reflux so I think being elevated like that was the reason he loved it so much. He was happy and that was all that mattered!

September 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
yea, definitley don't feel guilty!! My ds slept in his car seat for a good month.....unfortunatley Grace hates her bouncy or I would be trying that as well!!
September 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel bad, Carrie. Sometimes mom just needs sleep.

When my kiddo had ear infections from 7-9 months old he had some nights where he slept in his swing or the bouncer because it elevated his head and relieved some of the pressure in his ears. I was DESPERATE for sleep! We would try the crib first, but if it came to being up with non stop crying, we tried one of the other things.
September 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Super Mommy
DITTO. Aubrey slept a 3 hour stretch in her bouncy last night. I did feel guilty, but she would not settle and I am exhausted with getting 2 hours of broken sleep for the last week and a half. Whatever we have to do to function.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search