Layla Carly Sharon

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I called the hospital at 6:30 AM and was told everything was good, to shower have breakfast and come in around 7:30am. We got ready, my cousin Carly came down with us. ( remember we had to travel 4 hours to our delivering hospital) She wasn't at the hotel yet and I didn't want her to have to come since I knew we wouldn't be admitted yet. So we brought the girls with us.
We got to the hospital at 7:20am, by the time we got through admitting, so annoying, it was about 7:45-50am. When we got to the new maternity wing it was busy! What a difference a hour makes. We were put in a observation room with 2 other beds with curtains separating them. I went into the bathroom to put on a wonderful gown. When I sat to pee I got this awful feeling. All of a sudden I could "feel" the pain I knew was coming. When I got back out I was so light headed and sick feeling. I laid down, the nurse checked my blood pressure and it was really really low. I had some water, was sweating, which I never do, finally it went away. I felt better and then it came again. Rob said I was as white as the sheets. Poor Kaiya got scared. When Dr Hunt came in he didn't want to insert the gel until I was more stable and Layla was more active on the NST. He would be back at 9:30 after a c-section. He didn't get back until 10:10am. He checked me inserted the gel at 10:25am. I was 0 cm dilated I was bummed. I had to lay for 1 hour. I started getting contractions that were bothersome but not hard. At 11:30 I got up and got dressed. We stayed at the ward for another 30 minutes. Contractions didn't get stronger so off we went. We were told to come back if they got stronger or at 4pm.
We went back to the hotel, Carly was there. We visited, ate lunch and Carly left to do some visiting. Rob, the girls and myself all napped. At 4 Carly came back and Rob and I decided Carly would take me to the hospital and he'd stay with the kids.
We got to the hospital, NST done. Dr Hunt checked me and I was 3 cms.. yay!! He inserted more gel and instantly my contractions got stronger. We talked about an epidural. I've never had one. I've always been very scared of them. This time I just couldn't deal with the thought of pain. Rob said if he had to go through the pain and a needle could take it away he would LOL I figured what the heck, I've done it naturally 4 times. So they admitted me. I texted ROb and he and the kids came. I got admitted into my room at just before 6 and got the epidural right away. Rob wasn't even there yet and the hotel was only 5 minutes from the hospital. Carly was there and making me laugh. I couldn't believe I was actually getting an epidural. It was NOTHING. Wow.
It was weird, all my pain was just gone. I could move my legs but couldn't feel the contractions.
Dr Hunt came in at 7 to check me and break my water. I was 4-5 cms.
It was weird just sitting around. Kinda boring haha. It really didn't seem like I was in labour. They put in a catheter. I've never had an IV, epidural or catheter.
Dr Hunt came back at about 9:10 and checked me, still 4-5 So they started oxytocin, another first for me. At about 10 pm I could feel pressure, oh no epidural wearing off. By 10:30 It was stronger and I asked for a top up but they were busy I started using the gas. Shortly after I sent Carly and the kids out. The nurse checked me and I was 8 cms. I was SO mad. I was feeling pressure and the urge to push so I was pissed that I was only 8 cms. She assured me I could go to 10 in one contraction. I pretty much did. Dr Hunt was delivering another baby...grr. When he came in and checked me I was ready. I started pushing at 11:24pm. I guess the epidural took a TINY bit of the burn away but not much. I pushed and pushed for what seemed like forever! When they told me to stop and pant I did. I sounded like a grizzly bear though. It was a first, I am usually in my zone and never stop when they tell me to. So bad. I was yelling to get her out. Finally out she came at 11:58 pm. They put her on my chest and she was SO purple. I asked if she was breathing. She was, and moving but not screaming. They took her and got her going. Her apgars were 9 and 9 though! When they were doing everything they do, she peed and peed and peed. Right through all 3 blankets LOL She was 8lbs 5 oz, 20 1/2 inches, her head was 36 1/2 I think. She looked SO TINY. She is our smallest but she just looks so petite.
Even with your 5th, it is an amazing thing. When you look at your baby, after all that, we were just wowed! Her poor forehead and nose were bruised. Which is weird as she is my smallest and none of my babies have been bruised before.
I've always torn, never needed stitches but this time I didn't even tear. It didn't sting to pee! SO awesome
My room was amazing! the hospital built a new maternity wing a couple years ago ( 2 or 3). You have your own very large private room. We had a corner room and apparently the largest. You deliver and stay there. I had my own private bathroom with large tub that I never got to use A built in daybed/sofa. It was SO nice. Carly decided to stay with me that night. It was a fun girly sleepover!

Oh and the raspberry leaf tea!!! Wow what a difference! With my last it hurt SO bad to deliver the placenta. I had to push it out, I used gas, it was awful. It felt like I was delivering another baby. This time, it just came out. It was SO great. I've had after pains but nothing compared to last time.
September 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Wow! Sounds like a NICE birth! Congrats!
September 25th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Trish! What a beautiful birth story! Epidural is awesome... I am glad you did not miss out on it this time...haha

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
As nice as a labour goes LOL
Nope didn't miss it this time Kinda neat especially cause I am thinking I am done now!
September 29th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Can I just say, how AMAZING I think it is that you've gone natural 4 times? Maybe it's because I've always had pitocin and I 've head that makes things worse, but man oh man, I could not even begin to imagine labor without an epidural!

I'm sure with the larger time gap between kids, Layla seems especially small to you. Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search