Weight loss and goal weight!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2010, 12:19 PM
missmich
What's your goal weight and do you have time limit to lose it by?

Before I was pregnant I weighed about 135-138 pounds. I weighed that for a few years so didn't weigh myself often. The first trimester made me really sick and I didn't know I was pregnant. When I found out at 11 weeks pregnant I weighed 122 pounds!

At the end of my pregnancy I was 160 pounds. Last time I weighed myself I was 140,so I lost 20 pounds so far. Should I count that as my "pre-pregnancy" weight?

I'm not doing any exercise yet,maybe 2 walks a week and that's it. I'm only 2 weeks out of my c-section and still have the steri strips on.

I'm not sure what I want my goal weight to be,maybe 130 pounds and I'm not in a huge hurry to lose the rest.
September 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
~Constance~
Maybe you should look up a good BMI for yourself to get your goal weight.
I'm not in a hurry to lose weight but my body is doing it anyway. I'm 4lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight but my goal weight is 2lbs less than that, 120lbs. At the rate I'm going, I'll be there at 6 weeks PP.
September 29th, 2010, 02:19 PM
missmich
Good idea,b/c I can't remember what my "healthy weight" should be according to the BMI thing. I do feel like I've lost more weight since I weighed myself last,though it could just be the swelling in my belly has gone down a bit. I'm feeling confident that I'll be back in my pre-pregnancy clothes soon. Maybe I can fit some now,I just haven't been wanting to try them on and don't want anything to close to my belly and my scar right now.
September 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's your goal weight and do you have time limit to lose it by?
I was 110 before I got preggo with DD...at the end of my pregnancy I was 167 (gained 57lbs) I am currently at 136 (i've lost 31 lbs and am 7 1/2 weeks pp) I don't have a goal time to get there ...but am dieting, and working out a little -- i did hit a 3 week platue' so hopefully that's over.
September 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You gals are tiny things! Even when I swam for my college team I was in the 145-150 range so I'll never be small!

I'll be happy if I can get to 160 or so. I've never had luck losing while BFing, so I'll haveto see what happens. I have to wait until I go home to see where I'm at/how much work I have ahead of me.
September 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM
missmich
I looked up my BMI and what they said a healthy weight for me should be. My BMI is 25.6 and they say my weight should between 101-136 pounds. I'm really not comfortable going as low as 101 though. My lowest weight was when I was 18 at about 115 or so,but I had some issues with eating and body image then so don't need to get that low again. It was hard work and I starved myself and over exercised.

I think I'd like my healthy goal weight to be between 125-130 pounds. I'll do it slowly since I'm in now rush to lose weight and am not ready to do any real workouts yet.
September 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I gained 20 pounds with this pregnancy, so I would like to lose that. But I would also like to lose another 20 pounds. Before I got pregnant I gained some weight at school from being SO stressed out all the time. I would love to be down 40 pounds by summer I don't know how realistic that is because I don't know if my body will hang on to the preggo weight or drop it quickly (I have heard sometimes BF women hang on to the weight until they stop BF and I'm dreading that will happen to me).

My scale is MIA, but I will be weighed at my 2 week pp checkup on Monday -- so I will be able to see how much I have dropped since delivery!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 112 lbs. when I got pregnant with Lilly and I gained 36 lbs putting me at 148 lbs. I'm now down to 133 lbs and have been here for the past 3 weeks which is really frustrating me. I'd like to see a little progress every week especially since I am eating really healthy.

I'd like to get back down to 112 lbs but don't really have a time frame in which I'd like that to happen. I was only 9 months PP with Eli when I got pregnant this time so I'm sure I'll be back down to my pre-baby weight by 9 months PP this time too. Especially since I had 20 more pounds to lose last time. I can't wait to fit into all my clothes again. I had only been back in all my regular clothes for a couple months when I got pregnant again with Lilly so it will be really nice to be able to wear my regular clothes again.

October 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Well, my pre-pregnancy jeans will button, but I ain't saying it's pretty.

October 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before the last year and a half (when I started dating DBF) I'd always been between 110-120. When I started dating him and he started cooking for me, I quit smoking and went on birth control in the same month I gained 20 lbs (I was at 110 then) but I don't think it looked bad. I'd probably been too skinny before but that was just a natural weight for me...I never dieted unless I didn't like how my clothes fit. Anyway, they said i was at like 135 pre-pregnancy and I'm at 130 now. BUT I was even lower before I quit pumping so now I'm worried I'm going to gain. So my goal is to stay 125-130 but in shape this time.

October 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post
Well, my pre-pregnancy jeans will button, but I ain't saying it's pretty.
I have the same problem! I got to get rid of my lovely love handles...

I was at 133 lb pre-preggo, I gained 34 lb and now I am down 25 lb. I would like to go down to 125.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Last edited by Kumii; October 4th, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
October 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
I have the same problem! I got to get rid of my lovely love handles...

I was at 133 lb pre-preggo, I gained 34 lb and now I am down 25 lb. I would like to go down to 125.
lol well at least you ladies can get them on! I can't get them over my bum yet
October 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
missmich
I weighed myself yesterday and I can not believe my eyes! I am now less then my pre-pregnancy weight! Like the normal weight I'd been for years before getting pregnant and having some weight loss from morning sickness. I'm now 127 pounds!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search