Dr Question O/T

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
So Alicia's thread had me thinking...

How many of you guys go to the dr annually for a physical? I'm not talking about the Gyn/Pap. We all know we need to be doing those annually. I'm talking to your GP for an all-over physical.

Personally, I went 2 years ago, but don't go to the dr unless I need to (which THANKFULLY is very rarely) I do go get my pap annually, and that is about it.

Just curious!!
October 3rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
just the annual pap/pelvic exam here...... though it seems that I am in each year for something or other so I do get a few things checked out then.

Considering TTC #3

October 4th, 2010, 04:26 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
our insurance requires it (healthy blue plan from blue cross blue shield) so we get our sugar and cholesterol and all that checked annually along with weight blood pressure etc...I also get my pap annually even though they say you don't have to over age 30 I think it is I still prefer to get it yearly just in case
October 4th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have just gotten the pap/pelvic exam nothing else really but I do go in and get checked out when I don't feel well or feel like something is off.

October 4th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just my annual with my OB/GYN. I don't think I've had a regular physical since being an adult, actually. I have had my OB/GYN run bloodwork for me here and there for cholesterol check since I don't visit a regular dr. But, at my pp appointment this time they did a pap for me and said it was good for 3 years. So I don't know if that means I need to wait 3 years before going in again? Yay, no pap, though!

Thank you Ryan & Alex's Mom for the beautiful siggy!
October 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM
HappyMommyof4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just go for my annual pap unless I am sick or preggers. Haha!!
October 4th, 2010, 07:22 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just thinking of this. I was telling DH that I really ought to go in. I don't remember the last time I had a physical that wasn't my "yearly." In fact, last time I tried to make a DR appt. they told me I'd have to register as a new patient since I hadn't been there in years! I think too many women use their OBGYN as their doctor, but I don't think they necessarily look at everything (as it's not their job)! So I plan to make myself an appt sometime soon.
October 4th, 2010, 07:30 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I see a NP who does a pelvic/pap every year, as well as check all the other stuff.....I am a fairly healthy person (weight, blood pressure-wise, ect) but get sick a LOT. Seems like during the winter months I am in there at least once a month with something--bronchitis, ect ect. I have had pneumonia 5 times in the past 10 years (once while pregnant with Kaedence), so my immune system is nada.

DS #1 born in 2006, DS #2 born in 2010, DS #3 born in 2013.
Expecting April 2016!

October 4th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Brittni's Avatar Brittni
Send a message via Yahoo to Brittni
My insurance plan pays you $75(as well as paying 100% of the visit)if you do a halth check every year.

***Thanks Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie*****

October 4th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had these weird looking moles I wanted checked out they werent moles the were like benign *crap* now I forget the word. All was good there.
I just asked my doctor a month ago (when I went crazy hearing stories of so many people in the 30's dieing of random heart attacks)
and he said it isnt typical to get your choloestrol and everything checked unless you have family history of young aged things happening till about 40. Although he said you can get it done its never to early to document changes as you get older.
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
October 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
chloe12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Goodness, I haven't had a physical in like 10 years. I also haven't had a pap since the beginning of my pregnancy with Jack. I should get on that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search