What an awful night!!! **UPDATED*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 05:15 AM
First baby, single @ 39
**UPDATE***

Just got back from clinic. Saw my primary OB as the other alternate (and very good btw) OB that I was supposed to meet had to go deliver a baby.

Fundal height measuring 33 today vs. 30 last week but was 33 a month ago. Doc reviewed report from u/s I had done last week and is concerned not only because of today's fundal measurement but also because of the 4 week delay in femur growth and let me know that the report itself was incomplete and he wants to know why. Apparently much was omitted and he is putting his nurse on it to get the information because he may want to repeat it with the perinatal clinc since the radiology equipment at the location I had it done at is not as advanced and not equipped for detailed bio ultrasounds and he doesn't understand why they didn't send me to the speciality radiology clinic for this exam so it's possible I will be having an order put in for perinatal clinic ultrasound this week to double check.

Blood pressure was up for the third time which is also cause for concern and closer monitoring. For the moment we are not scheduling a second visit this week but doc said that between my elevated BP and this incomplete u/s report (pending investigation) he told me I may need to go to twice weekly monitoring starting next week. If the investigation leads to second ultrasound (which I'm thinking it might) doc is concerned that growth has stopped and did inform me that if such is the case, he will want to take him out early.

I have been under great stress as many of you know very well and I'm going to try to be optimistic about this and hope that it's a matter of poor technology and Christian's position. He was very active leading up to fundal measurement. Heart rate in the 130's. He is head down and has dropped some but cervix is thick and closed. Back pain is likely attributed to this new position he's taken.

Needless to say I'm trying to not worry about it and asking friends and family to keep him in thoughts and prayers and hope for some good news within the next week between now and next Monday's appt. It's all I can do at this point. They ran blood tests and strep culture today on top of routine and cervical exam. The waiting game is the worst part of this but I'm going to try to remain optimistic and hopeful.

------------------------------
------------------------------

Round about 8 pm last night I started having the WORST back pain. It just progressively spread from mid to low and all over. By little after 9 I couldn't sit. I absolutely HAD to pace in order to get any relief. Duirng the pacing I'd get periodic shocks to the nether region. The whole ordeal was taking my breath away!! About 9:40 leaning on the kitchen table .. slow breaths. By about 10 pm, started to subside a bit and I was able to sit back down and put my feet up. Then about 10:10 or so back pain started to come back and I got up again. It passed relatively quickly this time but worked its way around to my belly instead as it got super super tight. Felt like the whole thing was becoming rock hard. Had put in word to my friend because I wasn't sure exactly what was happening. By shortly before 11 everything seemed to subside and I felt completely exhausted. I went to bed. Was up at 12:25 am with some mild cramping and had to pee, went back to bed, tossed and turned, up at 1:30....3:30 .... 4....5:30... the whole night there was no getting comfortable but I was in a sleep haze..to tired to get up but too uncomfortable to lay still. Finally was able to crash until discomfort woke me up again at 6:40. Have an appt with OB this morning that I'll be getting ready for after posting this account. Feeling okay, just some mild low back pain spanning across my low back and some tension throughout my abdomin but it's not rock hard. Kiddo's heart has been about level with my navel but today is lower. In addition, I started feeling his movements literally well into the pubic hairline rather than above. Really strange. So I'll be talking to OB about all this and see what he thinks. I hope baby isn't thinking about coming now...I'd like him in there for another couple weeks for sure!!! But wow, last night was awful! I'd never felt so uncomfortable before. I'll keep ya posted!

Last edited by firsttime@39; October 4th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
October 4th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Super Mommy
OMG sounds like one heck of a crapy nite.. Hopefully it is just your body practicing and not him coming out already! Keep us updated
October 4th, 2010, 06:07 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Sounds like a bad night. Back pain the worse! I had it so bad on saturday all day that I was almost in tears several times. Nothing would make it let up.

Hopefully your little one will bake a little longer and your body is just preparing for everything. KUP

MY BLOG

October 4th, 2010, 06:08 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully he isnt trying to come out any time soon! Keep us posted!

October 4th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Take it easy today!! Might be early labor? Glad to hear you are calling the doc!!! Keep us posted

pic taken 7/22/11
October 4th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
You know what helps me with back pain, is taking a tennis ball and rolling it around on my lower back. Sounds weird, but if there's nobody around to really dig in there for me, it provides a TON of relief. I'm glad you're headed in for an appointment today, it'll be nice to get answers about last night as well as the other things you've mentioned lately.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

October 4th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had an appointment. I have had alot of nights like that recently. Its awful..What is really annoying is the fact I have had many of those nights, and was so frustrated to find it wasn't even making progress. lol I have a doc appointment tomorrow, and hopefully will find that something has been happening.. even a little bit.

KUP!! Sounds like you had a good practice run last night. Maybe Christian dropped..

Thank you Kara for my gorgeous siggy!

Dylan Vai Moses born October 26th @ 3:40 pm
9 lbs 22 inches
October 4th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had such a rough night. I agree that it sounds like maybe he dropped. Hopefully you can get some better rest today/tonight!

October 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
First baby, single @ 39
Updated. Wish it were better... time will tell.

October 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM
AndrewsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of positie thoughts for you and Christian.

October 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Super Mommy
{{hugs}} hope it's just his postion and poor reading. Hang in there mama!

mom to 4 boys 11, 10, 6, 3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search