Baby Shower!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my 'kinda' surprise shower was on Saturday. Of course I knew it was then because I used my super sleuth skills to figure it out. And dh said to wear something nice!! LOL!!

It was at my MIL's house and my sweet sil threw it for me. Only 10 people were there which was fine. Mostly family and 3 closest friends. Everyone was so generous!! I got my bouncy seat, crib toy (those suckers are pricey!!), activity gym, sheets, and odds and ends I needed. Oh and a nice gift card to target!! Pretty much only have to buy like 3 things myself!!

My parents bought my carseat, sister sent my stroller, brother bought my mattress and other brother got me my highchair (although none of these things were at the shower they all came to the house!! LOL)

So I hate to complain and dh says I'm ungrateful but. . . my MIL bought us NOTHING!! She said she didn't get around to it!! (She doesn't work!!) She wasn't even there for half the time it was WEIRD!! My dh's other sis didn't bother coming although we really don't like each other so that is prob for the best. My sil that threw the shower didn't get me anything either?? but said she was going to get something when the baby came and of course she threw it so I know on her college budget that is a lot of $$ for her.

Then my really close church friends that I hang out with every week.... well none of them came. I was a little sad about that too. I know that not everyone can come to things but none of them came!!

So it was really nice and I really only need pack and play sheets and newborn socks which isn't much! Dh was a jerk the whole night and didn't even ask what we got. I really think sometimes I don't want him at the delivery. He keeps missing the mark lately.

pic taken 7/22/11
October 4th, 2010, 07:25 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Wow that is fantastic that you have gotten almost everything you need and yes you hit the nail on the head..you had mentioned that you thought it was going to be Saturday. I don't think you were being ungrateful. That is odd that she didn't pick up anything for the baby. Did you get any pictures at all...if you did I can't wait to see them

MY BLOG

October 4th, 2010, 07:35 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Awww, I'm sorry not everyone you wanted to be there was able to.. But I'm glad you got a lot of goodies!!

October 4th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
Well half-congrats on a mostly nice shower!

I know how you feel about people not showing up. I had friends back in Louisiana who didn't bother to come to my shower and it really hurt my feelings. One was a girl who I've known since high school and, when she decided to visit California for a week, we put her up at our apartment so she wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. And let me tell you, that's a big deal, 'cause DH HATES houseguests for more than just a night or two at a time. Plus a few other people who I was really surprised about not showing up, but she was kind of one of the ones that was really weird to me...

I'm glad you got so many goodies Sounds like you're super close to being all set now!

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

October 4th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yay for getting so my great things! kind of strange that MIL didnt get you anything and i agree that you dont sound ungreatful.. that is too bad that your friends couldnt make it! Have fun shopping at target!

October 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you got most of the stuff you need but sorry about the lack of people and DH being ignorant

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

October 4th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Chrissyb5's Avatar Super Mommy
Overall sounds like a good day. sorry some friends couldnt make it? you're sure they were invited? Very weird MIL gave you nothing!! I would gripe to my DH about that too.. its not ungrateful.its the principle.. Glad you have most of your stuff now anyway!! Any pics?
October 4th, 2010, 08:15 AM
meamommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good shower!!! Sorry about DH and the MIL....but so glad you got most of your stuff!
Ethan 5/23/07 5 lbs 8 oz 17 inches
Amelia Jane 10/25/10 5 lbs 14 oz 18 inches

October 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Super Mommy
Men can be jerks!
glad you had a nice surprise shower though!

mom to 4 boys 11, 10, 6, 3

October 4th, 2010, 09:13 AM
MonsterMama's Avatar Monster Mommy
Sorry your DH was being a butthead...and sorry things were kinda weird with your MIL....but I'm glad you got some super nice gifts otherwise!

October 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At least you got some nice stuff and got to celebrate baby! It's sad people don't have a more happy and generous attitude about going to things like this.
October 4th, 2010, 09:49 AM
conley1988
Looks like you got a pretty good supply although you didn't have all the guest you thought you would! I know the feeling of feeling like some people could have made more an effort. No one showed up to Jeremiah's babyshower, I MEAN NO ONE. My mom's co-workers found out and got me over 500 hundred in giftcards and I just went on a shopping spree.
October 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone!!

pic taken 7/22/11
October 4th, 2010, 10:07 AM
March's Avatar I ♡ my boys
At least it was a nice shower for the most part! Your MIL sounds exactly like mine. Sorry, that totally sucks!

October 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a nice shower and being almost ALL ready for baby! That's exciting!
Sorry DH and MIL seem to be spacing out!

October 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM
AndrewsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting to be nearly done!! Congrats on a mostly nice day!

October 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
A180's Avatar Super Mommy
yay for a nice shower! sry your mil is like that.. mines the same way.. she wont even be showing to the shower never mind buying anything. its the principal of the thing not the price tag.

Ariana Elena(^^Chubbyyy wubbyy^^)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search