Baby Shower was Saturday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Our baby shower was Saturday and it went pretty good. I was a little disappointed that we had 4 people cancel on Saturday morning and honestly felt bad for the host and not myself. All that really came was family, but get this...it was DH's family. My mom was the only one in my family that came (well other than my kids ). None of my crazy family even called to say that they wouldn't be coming but that doesn't surprise me. I only invited them because my mom asked me to.

Anyway, we got the bassinet from MIL (which I mentioned earlier), my crazy DH got me the angelcare baby monitor I wanted and wrapped it up for me to open at the shower as a surprise to me. We got some great things considering there were only 8 people there not counting me and the kids. We still have a lot of basics to buy, but my mom got us some really cute green and brown receiving blankets, gowns, crib sheets and things like that.

Oh I had to wear a goofy hat that said "Mom To Be". I look terrible in a hat. LOL but I was sport and wore it anyway.

Oh and Lisa, I have to say that SIL didn't get us anything either. We invited her mom just so that she would show up. She never attends anything unless it is about her. DH asked what his brother and wife got us and I told him nothing..ofcourse he is like me and figured that. Her mother bought it, but that was super sweet of her mother. I am surprised my MIL didn't buy a gift and put their name on it like she usually does.

Here are a few pictures from the shower:

My 15 year old

Me and my oldest daughter (she got him the cutest little outfit that says "little brother" and a few other things. She is excited..I still have the special stuff she bought for Davis before he was born)

The gifts

I let Davis help open everything so that he would feel included. He had to hold everything up as he opened it for Keanu (my oldest daughter) to take his picture.

Food and cake

MY BLOG

October 4th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
aww what a cute cake! It is never fun that people have to cancel but atleast they notified you! I am glad you got some great things and that your kids are so beautiful! You look great too

October 4th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
Mmmmmmmm, what a spread on the table!!!

Isn't it weird how people can just bail the morning of? Like... What suddenly came up when you woke up this morning that prevented you from coming? Did you just not get a gift or something?

I had a couple friends come to my shower without gifts, but I had told everyone the day before that because it's so infrequent that I go home, to please not let a gift be the reason you don't make it. One girl it really kind of irked me that she didn't buy a gift TBH because we've done a lot for her in the past, and because she had just gone out shopping the day before for a new dress to wear on a date with her boyfriend... But one of my guy friends who came literally just got the day off work that morning and drove in two hours for the shower, so him just being there meant a TON to me.

I'm glad you got all kinds of neat stuff -- isn't it nice to feel so much love for the baby before the baby's even here?

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

October 4th, 2010, 07:09 AM
meamommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww love the pics, you look great! And YUM over all that food!!
Ethan 5/23/07 5 lbs 8 oz 17 inches
Amelia Jane 10/25/10 5 lbs 14 oz 18 inches

October 4th, 2010, 07:10 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry some people bailed but YAY for presents! The food looks so yummy

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

October 4th, 2010, 07:14 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look great and the shower looked like fun.

That was sweet of your DH to have a gift for the shower!

_______
October 4th, 2010, 08:17 AM
MonsterMama's Avatar Monster Mommy
Sorry people bailed But the pics look great and I'm glad you got some great presents!! BTW your girls are so pretty!

October 4th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You look awesome and your girls are beautiful! I'm glad you got some nice stuff and got to celebrate baby!
October 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful family you have!! Love that they made you wear that goofy hat!! LOL! What a sweet dh you have too!!!

pic taken 7/22/11
October 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Thanks everyone. It was fun even though it was all family.

Yeah I think DH got that monitor because he didn't want this baby to end up in bed with us because of my paranoid ways.

MY BLOG

October 4th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like you had a great time! All that food, yum!
Your daughters are beautiful!

October 4th, 2010, 12:05 PM
KristaBee's Avatar Mommy to Lyraphina
What a beautiful family you have!

October 4th, 2010, 12:28 PM
AndrewsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful people, beautiful food.....looks like a good day

October 4th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Veteran
Looks like you had a nice time and some good food!! Sorry people bailed on you, my shower was yesterday and the same thing happened. Several people did not even bother to say there were not coming while others rsvp'd that they would and suddenly changed their minds. I was more upset over the fact that my mom worked so hard and even rented a hall to hold the shower at and only about 10 people showed up. Nonetheless it was a good time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search