Chase Rowdy's birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
I know it's been 4 months already, but I am just now back on the board so I thought I would share my little guy's birth story.

On friday May 28th, I went to Oklahoma City for my last U/S with the peri. He wanted to follow up on Chase brain ventricles and make sure they had gone back to normal. When I got there, the peri had been called on an emergency, so I only saw the sonographer. I could tell by the measurements she was taking that the ventricles had in fact shrunk back to 7 & 8mm, which is normal and I was very relieved!

She then started to do a BPP and then told me she estimated his weight at 4lbs 15oz! I knew right away that was way too small. He was measuring 3 weeks behind. He had gone from the 75th percentile to the 5th percentile. Something wasn't right. I spoke to the peri on the phone and he wanted to deliver me right away. To be honest, I panicked! I was alone, 5 hours away from home, didn't have a bag, my cell phone was almost dead and I had forgotten my car charger. Nothing was going right. I decided to wait to see my OB after the weekend. Of course I didn't realize at that point that it was Memorial Day weekend so I wouldn't get to see him until tuesday.

Spent the whole weekend paranoid and thinking maybe he wasn't moving as much as usual. I called my OB first thing in the morning on June 1st and they told me to come right in. I told DH we needed to take the bags with us. As soon as the OB walked in he said "I got a call from Dr Richardson this weekend, I hope you brought your bags because we are having this baby today!" He checked me and sice I wasn't dilated at all, said he had no choice but to do a c-section. If I had been dilated, he would have broken my water to induce me, but that's the only induction method he will use for a VBAC. So it was a no-go. He told me to not to eat or drink anything and to be at the hospital at 7. Around 9, I was taken to the OR, given a spinal block and at 9:51pm, Chase was born. Turns out he had flipped during the weekend and was breech. He was 5lbs 8oz and 18in long. He was healthy but his blood sugar was extremely low at 15, so he had to have an IV. The doctor told me his cord was extremely twisted at the base. So much so, that they wouldn't even put the security sensor on his cord stump because it was too fragile!

My little guy is now a happy and healthy 4 month old 15 pounder!!LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search