Anyone want to do the C25K with me?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2010, 01:34 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

C25K, is a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks.

Its secret is that it's a gentle introduction to getting the body moving, starting off alternating between walking and running small distances, and slowly building up until after 8 weeks, you're ready to run 5 kilometers or 30 minutes non stop.

The reason for putting this site together is to try to create the definitive Couch to 5k resource on the web. For the novice, there's a lot of information available...it's just a matter of trying to find it all. That's where c25k.com will hopefully help. I've tried to collate links to just about all of the information you'll need for the Couch to 5k program, plus some other sites that I've found fantastic to assist my running after graduating from C25K.
October 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
~Constance~
Yeah! I'll join you!
October 13th, 2010, 05:56 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, this looks great! I hired a coach to keep me accountable, and she'll be happy to see I'm doing this. I have a treadmill, so that can help. I wish I could run outside, but it is SOOO hilly here, seriously, that I KNOW I would get frustrated and winded so fast. Walks are fine, and often challenging, but running, forget it!

The site looks awesome. I'm going to also download the Podcast! That will help, too.

Do you gals want to check in daily (create a sticky) or what do you think is the best way to check in with each other? I'm pretty excited about this. Thanks, Melissa!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 13th, 2010, 07:13 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was actually planning to start this, this week. However the week has been too crazy. If I have to report to somebody it may help ... so ya I'd love to do it. When do we start?
October 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started running last summer and built up to doing a half marathon on my treadmill 2 times. I hope to be able to get that far again.
October 13th, 2010, 09:02 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I'm starting tomorrow...but since you do it 3 times per week, I think it would be cool to do a weekly thread so everyone can do it whichever 3 days work best for them.

I'll head it up if you want! Starting Week 1 thread now
October 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Sounds great! I am starting tomorrow, too, Melissa! AND I'll still do some other things on the off day, and do whatever Oct daily challenges Kris or Amanda bring up

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
October 14th, 2010, 06:43 AM
~Constance~
I'm starting Sunday or Monday when I'm fully 6 weeks PP. I took up running two years ago and loved it! I think doing this program with you all will be an awesome way to get back into it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search