My goals

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok so I started walking when Chase was about 2 months old to lose the pregnancy weight. I am happy to report that I have lost all of it at this point. With the c-section, I couldn't do much more then brisk walking up until now.

I am completely recovered and ready for more intense workouts at this point. I don't like walking, I find it boring. I would much rather do weight training and aerobics then walk 3 miles! So my ultimate goal at this point is to lose 45lbs to get back to my ideal weight, since I am DONE having kids! LOL. I would like to achieve it by my birthday in March. I have found some free exercise videos on exercisetv.tv, but it's just hard to motivate myself sometimes. I am so tired with 3 little ones!

There are no gyms around here so I have to do it at home. Anyone else need some motivation? Maybe we could be virtual workout buddies or something?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

October 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to workout at home too and I am not always motivated. I will be gung ho for like 2 days and then I'll have a bad night with the baby and my motivation is GONE.
October 15th, 2010, 05:18 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ditto! I work out at home too and it is not nearly as effective for me as going to the gym was but I just do not have enought hrs in my day it seems to get to the gym! I love weight training and find it to be the most effective workout for me.......I would into doing a workout buddies type thing, I could use some extra motivation for sure!

and WTG for the weight loss so far, that is great!
October 15th, 2010, 05:23 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Try Jillian Michaels' '30 Day Shred' (or any of her DVDs really). The Shred is a 26 minute workout from warm up to cool down. You can burn some seriously calories. I also only have time to workout at home. I do take Lilyan on walks a few times a week since the weather is so beautiful right now. I used to a runner, but honestly, I cant find the energy to run! I also do hand weight and home and some other exercises I have learned from workout DVDs.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
October 15th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
That's me too! I'll be totally into it for 2-3 days and then something happens, bad night with Chase, one of the kids sick, etc. and I get so tired I lose all motivation.

Or like yesterday, I was going to do it after putting Chase to bed...well he refused to go to sleep until 1AM!!! There was no way I was gonna workout then! LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

October 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like we are all in the same boat then! Let's try to motivate eachother!!

Last night I did Brazil Butt lift Cardio and abs. It wasn't a hard workout but it still felt pretty good and it's better than nothing. Today, I am going to do the "High and tight" This workout kills but I can already see results from just under a week!
October 15th, 2010, 11:49 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
We should make a thread for work out buddies...kinda like DDC buddies LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search