Hoping to join!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Super Mommy
I've been working out solo for the past couple months and although there are tons of people who say they want to lose weight and they want to be my workout buddies, I have yet to have one conversation or one workout with any of them. I've lost 39lbs since I had Vinny but 30 of that I gained when I was pregnant. Now I'm trying to finally get to my goal weight so 21 more lbs to go. I look forward to seeing how all of you are doing with your weight loss and actually have some support from women trying to get in shape just like me!

Oh have to share because I'm very proud of myself. I'm not a runner and have never been one but last week I got to my goal and ran over 3 miles in 30 mins and since then I have improved and ran 9 minute miles. 9 minutes is average but considering I'd never ran before, I have ashma, and I was supposed to have knee surgery a couple years ago, I'm very happy with that. I hope to improve my time to 8 minutes by the end of Nov.

October 18th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome! Kuddos on the run!!

As for me, I have lost 40lbs since Chase's birth. I have lost all the pregnancy weight and am now working on all the accumulated weight of 6 pregnancies over the last 7 years!! My ultimate goal is to lose another 44lbs to make it to my target weight. I would like to accomplish it by March but I don't know if that will be possible. I have learned over the years that my body is very comfortable at the weight it is right now, so I have to work hard to build enough muscle so I will start burning more calories.

Hopefully we ladies can work together and help each other achieve our weight loss goals. I am done having kids, so now I WILL get my body back!!! LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

October 18th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Super Mommy
That's great on the weight loss thus far! 7 pregnancies wow... I know the weight can easily add on and it seems harder and harder to lose. That's great that you're wanting to lose the weight and going for it!

I know what you mean about your body being comfortable at a certain weight. After I got pregnant for the first time (then m/c at 4 months) I never got below that weight. When I got pregnant with all 3 DS I was that weight no matter what I ate. Now I'm 9lbs below and I hope to keep it up. I'm tired of looking at family pictures and thinking I look fat or not liking how I look in most clothes because my belly. I'm done with excuses and I'm so ready to be fit. Also, my mom is/was big and I was always embarrised and I don't want to embarrise my kids... I want to keep up with them, that is my goal!

I think if we push each other and give each other encouragment, we'll all make our goals.

Oh DH gave me a great incentive program. Each day I go to the gym I put $5 in a jar and if I am at my goal weight by April 1st, all that money goes to whatever I want. If I don't lose it, if I am even 1lb over all that money goes in Savings! So far it's been keeping me going to the gym and I remind myself of FL vacation in April and how I want the cash when I'm eating out anywhere so I go for the healthy choices!

Last edited by Mommy to 3 boys; October 18th, 2010 at 07:05 AM.
October 18th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
Well actually it's 6 pregnancies in 7 years, but who's counting at that point? LOL Three of these pregnancies ended up in miscarriage (12w, 16w & 18w). With that last pregnancy that ended with a m/c at 18 weeks, I had already gained weight and never really lost it because I got pregnant with DD about 3 months later.

I definitely need some encouragement for my fellow ladies here because there is no decent gym around here so I have to workout at home. With 3 little kids 5 and under, it ishard sometimes. It always seems like there are other more important things to do!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

October 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awesome job mama! I am close to my goal weight but I am not nearly as toned as I used to be or want to be so I also need some motivation! I love weight training and hate running, I try to like it but I just don't LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search