Since this will become our TTC spot...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2010, 05:04 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to ask/say it... part of me is curious, and part of me just needs to get this off my chest.

Am I the only one that has baby fever?!?! I can't be! I know being on the NTNP makes me kinda start thinking about it more again, but really, I just wish I could jump my hubby and start makin' more babies! No but seriously, I'm like crazy or something right? Because ever since I had Didi, I've wanted another, I just look at her and think ''who wouldn't want more?'' and I wish it was just that easy, kwim? Just want to have another, and then have it. It sucks that I can't really do that confidently yet, with the way thing would be with my work and the house and all...but soon hopefully. Anyone else struggling to control their urge for another? Or do I just need to snap out of it...

October 29th, 2010, 08:59 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
You sound pretty sane to me!

Five minutes after Kaija was born DH asked if I wanted to "do it all again" and I clearly remember telling him I'd do it all over again the very next day. I said it right after Kolbie was born too. If we were in a place where we could TTC soon I'd be all over it. We're almost at the same point we were at when we started TTC again after Kaija was born and I'm actually really sad that we can't right now. On the flip side... Part of me is afraid I'll NEVER feel like my family is complete! I could be pregnant and have babies forever I think.

So no, you aren't the only one with baby fever! Not even close!!
October 30th, 2010, 05:44 AM
THANK YOU!!! I know this is weird, but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only who feels this way! And I'm not even in love with the idea of being pregnant again. I know some women who just enjoy being pregnant so much that they'd stay pregnant all the time if they could. That's not me. I just want a big huge happy family I guess...

October 30th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are NOT the only one! I'm definitely feelin the fever. It sucks cause I have to wait (c-section), but if I could, I would TTC right this minute!

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
October 30th, 2010, 06:26 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I am that woman who enjoys being pregnant and giving birth so much I'd do it every day. Yes. I'd give birth every day. I may be addicted to the adrenaline high I get after!
October 30th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I really enjoyed being pregnant, but I"m not ready for anohter baby. I am just really enjoying this time with just Peyton!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I"ve got a mild case of the baby fever too...haha! I had it bad when Rachel was just born though...I probably would have started TTC right away if DH hadn't looked at me like I was crazy when I said it! haha! But I'm also one of those people who looooooved being pregnant. But I had a pretty easy pregnancy so I guess that's why (I am a little scared that the next one won't be so easy...haha). We'll probably only have one more...but I already am excited to be preggo and have a little bitty baby again. We're gonna wait a bit though...probably until this time next year...I also think it would be nice to get to spend a little more one on one time with Rachel.

So to answer your question.. no I don't think your crazy at all!!
October 30th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I have baby fever in the sense that I know I want more kids, but I don't want one right now. Two kids can get pretty hectic and I also work and go to school. I really don't think I could handle two babies at once even though I do want one or two more kids.
October 30th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks ladies!

October 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're not crazy. I've got it too! I throw it out there to DH all the time, in a joking way, so he knows I'm thinking about it. The only thing holding us back right now is finances, mainly how would we pay for 2 kids in daycare. Hopefully we will figure it out soon, so we can TTC asap.

[IMG][/IMG]

October 31st, 2010, 05:50 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to TTC again!!!

October 31st, 2010, 08:21 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Sometimes I have baby fever really bad, and other times I don't want another child until Caleb's in school. I suppose the thing that scares me is that, since I have AF back so regularly, I've got to be really careful. I mean, I could say one day, "Oh, what the heck, let's just NTNP," and have one night of unprotected sex, and then the next day I might think, "What the heck was I thinking??" and it would already be too late to change my mind. I wish that I could just leave it up to Fate and be one of those BF'ing moms who are NTNP without their AF being back yet. Then I would feel like I'd have naturally spaced children once I finally ovulated again. But BF'ing obviously isn't any form of BC, at least for me, so I didn't get to experience that time of AF-free BC like I thought I would.

Anyway, I want to wait until Caleb's been BF'ing at least a year so that getting pregnant wouldn't mess that up for him.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
October 31st, 2010, 10:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're not crazy at all. I told DH right after both Lily and Vi were born that I wanted another. I think my exact words after Lily was born were "Let's do that again!"

We're NTNP right now I guess. I don't have AF back and we're not using any protection. I'd be thrilled to get pregnant right now, but I think DH would prefer it waiting until Vi is about 1.

November 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are crazy, then I am too. I have the FEVER - BAD!!!

But I have to wait. Got to build up my leave hours and convince hubby still.

November 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Super Mommy
I have the fever but there won't be any babies for us for quiet some time. I really miss being pregnant though because my autoimmune disorder corrects it self and I feel like a normal person again.....

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

November 14th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
No you're not crazy at all. I'm pretty much the same as Taralyn. I wanted another pretty soon after Rilynn was born, and hubby said no way. lol. Now that we're in it a few more months and it's getting more hectic with Rilynn being more mobile and hands on, I'm glad we decided to wait awhile. I'm on a course of action right now that will pay off every single bit of debt hubby and I have as well as give us a bunch extra for a down payment on a house and if I get pregnant before it's all said and done with, then that seriously screws things up for us. So we decided we're going to wait and we'll start TTC this coming October at the earliest. But I'll tell you what, there for awhile, I couldn't even THINK about babies or look at pictures of babies or hold a baby smaller than my own without almost breaking down in tears because I wanted one so badly lol! Now though, I'm starting to change my mind about the size I'd like my family to be. I originally wanted 4 kids, but hubby said 3 is the absolute most we MAY have. So I was dead set on that. Now I'm gravitating towards only having 2 (shh don't tell hubby just in case I change my mind haha =p) which would thrill my hubby. So we'll see. But all in all, rest assured that you are in no way crazy. Perfectly normal, and quite common as i'm sure you can see. =)

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
November 19th, 2010, 12:22 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sometimes have fever but it's mostly pregnancy and TTC fever, not actually baby fever. I LOVED being pregnant and would love to be again but i know that is not the right reason to bring another child into this world so we'll wait a little.. not too long though. We might TTC as early as next year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search