Calling all runners! Check in thread :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
3 miles shortest run I've done in a very long time!! And I love it
April 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I did 3 today too!

April 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I did 3.09 miles today is 35 minutes. This is week 4 of my C25K. My runs are up to two 3 minute and two 5 minute runs. Just 3 weeks ago I could only run one minute and it was tough. I was able to do both 5 minute runs today and felt sooo good doing them. I do feel more sore after than I ever have. Not in pain but just achy like I had a good workout!

April 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM
4.35 miles this morning. It was hot, but breezy. LOVED it!

Awesome job Jen!! Make sure you are stretching afterward. That will help with the achy feeling during the run. The IT bands are the worst to stretch, but there are several ways you can do it. When I have more time, I'll post some of my favorite after run stretches.

April 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I hate when my it bands make those snap sounds/feelings! Ugh!!!!!
April 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I am starting week 5 of my C25K tonight when Mike gets home from work. Tonights run is three 5 minute runs with 3 mins of walking in between them (and 5 min warm up and cool down walks). I am feeling okay about tonights run but nervous for the rest of this week. Thursdays runs are 8 minutes and Saturday is a 20 minute run I know that doesn't seem like a lot but just 4 weeks ago I thought it was toughing running for one minute straight. I am loving the progress I am making with this.

April 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Good job Jen! That is awesome. I haven't been checking into the 30 day shred thread - are you still doing it or have you just been running?

I'm running in a 5 km run the day before Mother's Day. I've been doing pretty good. I'm around 35 mins too on average. Some days less, some days more.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

April 12th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Awesome Tanya! What 5K are you doing? I am doing one in Whitby on June 5th.

I don't do the shred every day anymore but I still use it once or twice a week on my off days.

April 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
4 very painful miles tOday. My endurance has drastically taken a dive! It is nice to only run for under an hour now though!!!! Jen and Tanya, I'm so proud of you guys!!
April 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's a Run for Women here in Thunder Bay. It's an annual event and I've walked it many times, but this will be my first time running! I'm still doing the shred to on my days off too.

There is also a 10 mile road race here, which I would really love to do. BUT it's on a long weekend in September. We spend almost every weekend at the cottage and I can't give up a long weekend.

Jeanine - you and Amanda really did inspire me to step it up. I mean if you could run a half marathon just months after having a baby - I can for sure run 5 km!!

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

April 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I agree with Tanya, AManda and Jeanine are such an inspiration. I hope to be able to do a half some day, let alone so soon after giving birth. You ladies ROCK!

Yesterday I did two 8 minute runs with walking in between. Tomorrow is 20 minutes of running with NO WALKING! I am so excited for this run. I feel like this is the big one, that once I can do that, the rest of the program should be ok. I will let you know how it goes.

April 16th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Aw you guys rock!

4 miles on tues and thurs this wk. I'm itching for a good six mile run on Sunday. I plan on getting great use out of my bob stroller over spring break this wk
April 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Jen - you are right, once you hit that 20 minute run without stopping you are GOLDEN!!!

Plus, after you can run 30 minutes without stopping, you can train for a half. The training can take 3-6 months and you just gradually build up the distance. You could be running a half by the end of the year! I plan on doing another one the first weekend of Dec. It's for a children's hospital in town - St. Jude.

Ran 3 on Thursday and 4 today.
This week I plan on tightening up on my diet and getting into a better pattern with my running.
Monday - 3 before pilates
Tuesday - 4 or 5 after school
Thursday - 3 before pilates
Saturday - weights (I know this isn't running, but I need to write it somewhere!)
Sunday - 5 at nap time.

15 total for the week. I can do it.

April 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I only got 3.6 today. I had hubs and Jake and char drive to the playground (halfway mark) and I ran up to meet them and then back down. I wante to do more but it's mountain biking day for hubs and he needed to go meet up with his riding buddies. I almost got bit by a snake in my run!!!!

Funny you should mention tightening up on your diet. I downloaded the lose it app . You'd be disgusted by how many calories I was eating!!!! I'm embarrassed to admit it but on Friday I ate 3000 calories!!! Now I ran four miles so that took 370 off and nursing is an extra 500, so I really was at 2100. Still!!!! That's like 300-500 more than I should have!! No wonder I've just been maintaining.

I was good on Friday until the half pound cheeseburger with all the fixings and the fries that was what killed me!!!! Today I'm around 1500 with my run and nursing calories. Much better!

Lord knows I love to eat so thank goodness for beig a runner

Still sitting at 110. I'm interested to see what i weigh in tmrw...

Last edited by J9+J+C=Complete; April 17th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
April 19th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Already feeling better. It's funny. I haven't been sleeping well. I haven't been feeling great. I have been shorter with my family, easily irritated. I even POAS because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Simply, when I eat more crap and neglect my exercise, I feel horrible all the way around. It's only Tuesday, but I have run three times since Sunday, done pilates once and have really tightened up my diet. It makes a huge difference. I feel so much better and am sleeping again.

Ran 4 today in 87 degree heat. Wowzer, it was hot!

April 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Girls! I did the Disney half in Sept 07. I finished it, but that year it was during a heat wave and it kicked my butt. I said I would do it again if Disney did another that was not when it was hot. Well yesterday they announced a Tink in Jan so its time to get my butt in gear. I'm just getting over something so I'm gonna give myself another day. I'm gonna head over to C25K and refresh my brain. There is a 5k here in a month and I might go ahead and do that to. I wouldn't say I'm a runner, because the only time I did run was when I was training for the half. I did feel good while doing it though. Who knows, I might just consider myself a runner in the near future.

April 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
You ran a half - you are a runner! Glad you joined us.

April 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
GASP! I'm taking a week off of running for spring break!! I haven't run since Sunday and I don't plan on running again until this weekend! I feel like such a rebel!!

I figure I'm relaxed over break so I won't be crazy lady if I take a few days off

It's kind of nice! I'm sure on Saturday I will STRUGGLE to even get four in

Tiffany- I saw the Tink half email..............can you hold off and do the Disney Princess in February???????????????? I'm going again!!!
April 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Alright J9! you deserve a week off.

Got 4 in today in humid humid weather. Nice to do it before breakfast though.

April 23rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Thought I should check in here. Have been on a little mini family vacay for the week and only had the internet sporadically. I haven't eaten very well but I did get my runs done. This morning I finished week 6 of C25K. I ran for 25 minutes straight with no walking today. That is my longest to date. There is no more walking left in my program now. I have one week at 25 minute runs, one week at 28 mins and then a week at 30 minutes!!! I am so close.

And welcome Tiffany!! It's always nice to see new faces up here. The C25K has been great for me and if you have already run a half before you will rock it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search