Calling all runners! Check in thread :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I SUCKED it on my run last night. Couldn't make it 3 miles. Got home and realized why. I had only drank one cup of coffee and one diet coke yesterday....I was completely and utterly dehydrated.
Here's to tomorrow's run!

November 10th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did a walk today. 2 miles in 30 minutes with various inclines
November 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
3 miles outside on hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! feels GREAT! my son rode his bike next to me and I could carry on a convo the whole time
November 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM
4 miles tonight!!!!!!
November 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Veteran
Great job ladies!!
November 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Haven't checked in for a while.

Running partner had sore throat so we only went 3.5 on Thursday. I had date night on Sunday night, so I ran 2.5 on Monday morning. I am not getting my distance up to where it needs to be.

We're going to run tonight as long as it isn't raining. If we go outside, it'll be a 5 miler. If it is raining we'll have to go to the gym and we both HATE running on the treadmill so probably won't go as far.

I need to get my distance more set on these short weeknight runs or I am going to be hurting when we start the long weekend ones.

November 18th, 2010, 10:13 AM
FIVE MILES!!!!!! In 60 minutes!!!!!!! Met my goal a week and a half early!!!! Good thing because I have a feeling I'm going to not run at all while I'm in Florida next week YAY!!!! Half way to my goal of 10 miles by the end of December!!!
November 18th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Way to go Jeanine!!!

November 21st, 2010, 10:21 AM
4 miles last night! worried about taking 5 days off
November 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM
4.1 on Tuesday night. Went well! We did it in about 40 minutes. I was sore the next day.

We did 4.8 yesterday in 50 minutes. I had to walk the last .3 of a mile though. My lungs were killing me. Oh well...creeping up to 5.
Hopefully we'll get to do the 4.8 both Tuesday and Thursday this week. I'd like to start longer runs on the weekend, but right now, 5 miles IS my long run.

November 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM
4 miles. It was FREEEEEEZING cold and I should have done 5 miles, but it was a little too windy! I need to get used to it though if I'm going to train through the winter, yikes!!
November 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
PS if you get bored of your typical routes, check out MapMyRun.com - Map your Run, Running Routes. Find Runs Anywhere. Join our Running Community of Runners. Run GPS, GPS, Running Social Network. Google Map Run, Calculate Calories, Online Pedometer, Distance, iPhone, and More.! It's awesome!!! You can plot different routes and it measures the distance for you!
November 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Veteran
I have been obsessed with tracking my walking/running with MapMyRun! We were in San Francisco this week and I kept track of how far we walked every day but of course that didn't take into account the huge hills!

Anyway, I have not run for a week now. Was going to go out tonight but I'm just going to wait until tomorrow.
November 29th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Love mapmyrun.com!
Did 4.1 yesterday. It is finally getting easier. Can't wait to do a full 5 on Tuesday, as long as it isn't raining.

November 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM
going to TRY 4 miles this morning on treadmill IF Char takes a good nap.
December 1st, 2010, 06:24 PM
5 miles on Monday, 5.5 miles today. Still belly flab But my arm muscles are starting to come back!! When I wave, my arm doesn't keep on waving afterwards
December 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM
3.8 in 36 minutes. Finally getting our speed back. According to my pedometer we ran a little over a 9.5 min mile. We run faster in the cold. It was 36 degrees!

Will do a longer run tomorrow.

December 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
5.32 miles!!!!!! Still clinging tight to those last 5 pounds Grr....Good news is those that after I feed Charlotte, I weight only 3 pounds above! Those are some heavy boobs, LOL!!! Easy 3 mile run tomorrow, but next week starts the 6 mile runs!!
December 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Did 3.5 on Sunday and will do 5 tonight.
Only reason I might not get through the entire run is because it is going to be TWENTY NINE FREAKIN DEGREES when we go. holy moly.

What is your favorite cold running gear? I love First Ascent by Eddie Bauer. It was made for mountain climbers, but I will have on the pants under my running pants and the shirt under my fleece tonight!

December 7th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I did a little over 5 today on the treadmill (thank goodness for a long nap from Charlotte today!!!!) I have YET to run in anything below 40 yet so my running pants and little jacket have been enough so far. I need to go get some more gear. I do like underarmor. I'll have to check out the Eddie Bauer stuff!!!!!!!! I'm seeing myself run more and more indoors because of the cold and how dark it gets once I go back to work on Monday I HATE running on the treadmill, too!!!! SO boring!!!

This is my running jacket. I LOVE it. It has thumb holes so the sleeves cover your hands and you can flip the end of the sleeves around your hands like mittens

women's Propel Jacket II | lucy activewear

Last edited by J9+J+C=Complete; December 7th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search