Calling all runners! Check in thread :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2010, 07:31 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
holy crap that was cold.
2 pairs of socks
2 pairs of pants
1 underarmor shirt
1 jacket
1 skull cap
1 hood
gloves

5 miles - 50 minutes - check

December 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Great job, Amanda!! Do you have a pretty well lit area that you run at night?

SIX MILES TODAY!!! In 65 minutes!!! My time per mile has gotten better Man, was it cold though today! 31 degrees!
December 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM
J- we have a set route that is all neighborhood and 1 park. Very well lit and pretty quiet at 8:30 at night. I need some good treadmill vibes. My running partner can't go tomorrow so I am going to hit the gm with the baby and try to do St least 1 hour. I really want to do 5 miles, but it is so much harder on the treadmill for me!

December 9th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I'm starting to panic. I go back to work next week. I'm supposed to be running seven miles starting next week and an 8 mile run over Christmas break (which will be fine since I'll be home again). But after that, it's only going to increase. How on earth am I going to find time to get these training runs in??? The weekends will not be a problem, but I need to keep at least a baseline of five miles a couple times during the week and I can't imagine coming home after working with 6/7 year olds all day, getting my family situated, fed, homework, etc and THEN finding the energy to run for an hour I'm worried about keeping it up at the pace I'm going. I actually felt yesterday, for the first time really, that it IS possible for me to finish this half marathon at a decent time There is the walking jogging club at my school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The kids all run inside the building during the winter after school for an hour...I'm trying to think of a way to do that (with Jacob, which actually would be a blast to include him since he goes to the school I work at) and still get my mom home (who will be watching Charlotte) at a decent time since I know she will be exhausted at the end of the day. It's hard for hubs to pick one day to always be home early since his schedule is so crazy. I don't know how I'm going to work this, except for just to do it even when I really don't want to at night!! UGH, I TOTALLY feel you on the treadmill. Even two miles on it is painful!!!!!!!!

PS I am incredibly sore today. My knee is killing me!!!!!! No run for me today. Picking back up on Friday hopefully.
December 9th, 2010, 11:42 AM
4.25 on treadmill - 45 minutes
Thanks for the treadmill vibes.

J - the only way I can keep up with the week night runs are my partner. We both have kids. She has a 3 and 5 year old. I have 2.5 and baby. We both are teachers at the same school. We get home, have our family time and then when the kiddies go to bed at 8, we lace up to run. I only have from 8-9 b/c I am still BFing Luke and he eats at 9pm, so some nights we start late and make it a short run. We do our long runs on Sat morning before anyone even gets up. I love that time because I am responsible for NO ONE else except me and the pavement I am pounding.
All this said, do you have ANYONE that you can meet up with? Even if they live 10 minutes away, maybe you could meet at a park and just do 4. I bet if you kept up 4 during the week and your longer runs during the weekend, you'll be just fine. I would definitely join the jogging club (looks good to the boss too ) an hour at your pace is 5 miles or more. Could you mom bring Char up to the school when the club gets over? That way she will have a shorter day by getting her ready and in the car and up to your school and it will help you get home faster to make dinner.

Either way - you are going to do this. You will make it work. You are going to run, finish and kick that half marathons @ss!

December 9th, 2010, 03:32 PM
aw your post rocked! thank you for the motivation! My neighbor is my running partner when we can work it out, but she's more the up at 5:30 to run person and I just can't get up to run that early. She is in bed by 8 most nights. I'll have to ask around work to see if I can find someone that is willing to run nights. I'm sure they would be, I just have to ask! I'm thinking about asking my mom to either bring Char to school like you suggested, OR I'm thinking aboutasking my neighbor if I can pay her to watch Char for 30 mins or so and just have my mom bring her there so she can go home. My neighbor is off on Tuesdays and I could do walking/jogging just on that afternoon. You are totally right about being able to knock out five miles at my pace (I'm so slow ) I can't imagine my mom or neighbor saying no to that so I'll keep you posted!!!
December 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Dude - you are not slow! You are about a10 minute miler right? You'd kick my tail in a foot race to the end.

December 9th, 2010, 06:52 PM
probably closer to 11 minutes with long distance. I USED to have ten min miles or less...like 10-12 years ago in college
December 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM
7 miles last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I am super impressed with your seven!! We will attempt our first long run Saturday morning.
Running 5 tonight when it is 28 degrees. Ugh! We run faster when its cold though to get it over with.

December 17th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Could NOT get motivated Tuesday or Wednesday, but my mom of all people made me run last night (haha). She said she'd watch the baby if I got on the treadmill since she was "snowed in" at my house (I'm telling you, where I live, snowed in means 1 inch). Five painful miles, but I did it.
December 17th, 2010, 09:29 AM
4.26 in 39 min and i busted my @ss 5 minutes into the run. I m talking America's Funniest Home Videos faceplant. OUCH! my knees are so sore today.

6 miler tomorrow.

December 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Question for you, Amanda (and other BTDT running/walking/video exercising mommies). So as you know, I've been running my tail off. I have basically returned to prepreg. weight give or take a pound or two (could be due to weighing before nursing in the morning some days or the fact that I ate two pieces of pizza and then a burger 2 hours later from 5 guys tonight...yikes!) I've always weighed naturally around 110 without doing much other than NOT eating pizza and a burger together for dinner and occasionally jogging. I'm sitting at 110-112 (which is GREAT) but, I can NOT shake the last couple pounds OR my belly!!!! Is this second child belly???? It did NOT take this long to lose it with Jake. It's not by any means huge so I feel funny being upset over it, but it's just still squishy and bulgy a bit. I guess what I'm asking is, are you noticing your belly taking longer to go down this time around or is it just me (and my pizza and burger I promise I don't normally eat like that!!!! But I was HUNGRY tonight LOL) I feel like I"m losing weight/toning up everywhere BUT my belly and that was always the place i lost the weight the quickest!!

8 miler tomorrow with my neighbor and I'm SCARED!!!!!! I NEED to nail this run tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by J9+J+C=Complete; December 17th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
December 18th, 2010, 08:16 AM
jeanine - nak but wanted to respond as soon as i read this

yes yes and YES!!!

okay - baby not letting me type. will be back in a minutes to finish.

December 18th, 2010, 12:44 PM
8.1 miles!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!! did it in 85 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 22nd, 2010, 05:38 AM
5 miles-47 minutes.

Trying to plan the rest of my runs this week around the holidays. This is going to be hard!

December 23rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Did 3 yesterday. Attempting 7 tomorrow! Eeek!

December 24th, 2010, 11:16 AM
5 on Monday and then was incredibly lazy all week. 6 miles this morning (Friday) and hoping for 5 tmrw before heading down to Richmond. Planning runs right now is hard !!!!

Did you get seven???
December 24th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Woooo hoooo, we did seven this morning. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Running partner out of town all next week so I am on my own. We'll see how that works!

December 29th, 2010, 05:26 PM
6.3 yesterday ( we thought we did 7.4 but had mismapped the run ) running just 5 tmrw but ten miles coming up on Saturday!!!! Yikes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search