Calling all runners! Check in thread :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Did a quick 3 on Sunday with my new Garmon!!

Running 6 tomorrow morning come hell or high-water.

December 30th, 2010, 06:44 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
oh and ps...i hit prepreg weight this morning tummy is almost flat again and is totally toning up now. yay!! feeling pretty content!
December 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
oh and ps...i hit prepreg weight this morning tummy is almost flat again and is totally toning up now. yay!! feeling pretty content!
Awwww yeah! Way to go sexy momma!

Just did 5. It started to rain. I hate running in rain.

December 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
how do you like your garmin??

or garmon, sorry
December 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
BTW, I've read the New Year's resolutions so I expect to see some other people start posting their walking/running mileage on here, too A lot of people lurk on here, but no one else posts!!! Kellimom and Gwynne, that means you, too!! I saw your resolutions
December 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
No, you're right. It's garmin. On my iPad garmin isn't on autocorrect yet so when my finger slips to the o it doesn't correct my stupidity.

Love the watch however it is spelled

December 31st, 2010, 06:35 AM
Wimpy 4 miles, but it was dark and I was running solo. Kept waiting for my neighbor's husband who is Homeland Security to pull up behind me and lecture me for being out in the dark! LOL

Ten miler on Saturday HOPEFULLY. It's 5 miles around Burke Lake. I'm hoping me and the other friend I'm running the half with will loop it twice!!!!! Any advice on at home workouts I can be doing to help with strength/endurance besides running? I have access to a bunch of different types of workouts on comcast and an eliptical. What works? Pilates? Yoga? Aerobics? Trying to make sure I'm doing something to cross train so it's not always the same muscles. Is that what I should be doing on my down days?
January 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Ten miles in two hours. Kick ***!
January 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Girl, you could un that half tomorrow!!

6 tonight. Felt sooooo good.

January 7th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Jacked up my knee BAD. Worried about training now took off 5 days to rest/ice. Ran just two miles yesterday and knees are so sore. Ugh, this Saturday should tell me how it's going to go from now on. Weight-109.8. .2 under prepreg weight. Scale is finally moving at least but could be just because of the amount if bf'ing this week!
January 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Quote:
BTW, I've read the New Year's resolutions so I expect to see some other people start posting their walking/running mileage on here, too A lot of people lurk on here, but no one else posts!!! Kellimom and Gwynne, that means you, too!! I saw your resolutions
LOL!

I am starting Shred on Monday I like running in the heat, so I plan on doing shred until it starts warming up here! I know I'm a weirdo!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
January 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ohhhh I hate running in heat. I feel like I can't breathe! You are better than me!

Ran 3 on Tuesday and 5 last night. Going to do 7 on Saturday.

Jeanine-love that scale is headed in the right direction! Take care of your knee. Do you see a chiropractor? My chiro is a god send during my training.

January 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Starting slow. 4.5 miles in the snow around the lake Sunday. Was chilly! 48 more days until the half marathon! Yikes! Going to try for 8 this weekend and two fives this week weather permitting!
January 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliMom View Post
LOL!

I am starting Shred on Monday I like running in the heat, so I plan on doing shred until it starts warming up here! I know I'm a weirdo!
Ditto! I hate jogging outside in the winter. I am going to start checking in here too if that's okay. I have a cheap elliptical that I am trying to use every other day or so and doing the 30 day shred. Also trying to drink lots of water and drink better.

Drank 100 ounces today, had a yummy stirfry for dinner with so many veggies, did 50 minutes on the elliptical and day 2 of my shred video. I am sore and tired but feeling really good.

Jeanine - How is the knee feeling? Sounds like you are doing amazing towards your 1/2 marathon. So impressed!

January 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Knee is doing ok. Sore at around three mile mark. Hoping that subsides and really taking it down a notch so it can heal. Thanks for asking! I'm so glad more healthy mamas are going to be posting here! Amanda really helps to motivate me whether she knows it or not!!
January 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
You all motivate me as well! Even though I am not checking in here, I read through here occasionally and am seriously impressed! You both ROCK!

Can I ask a favor? If you all don't see me post in the Shred Check in could you yell at me LOL! I know you are both here every day, so I plan on being on this forum every day as well!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
January 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliMom View Post
You all motivate me as well! Even though I am not checking in here, I read through here occasionally and am seriously impressed! You both ROCK!

Can I ask a favor? If you all don't see me post in the Shred Check in could you yell at me LOL! I know you are both here every day, so I plan on being on this forum every day as well!
You got it!

January 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Amanda really helps to motivate me whether she knows it or not!!
Awwwww girl! You know you are the first person I think about telling about my run....or admitting my run sucked. You keep me going.

Since there was snow still on the sidewalk and my partner's daughter is sick, I hit the treadmill. It is way too easy to quit the treadmill. Only did 3 miles. Oh well, I got my butt on that thing and moved. That is what really matters.

January 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM
No run today. School canceled walking jogging club so I had no where to put jake. Will try treadmill tomorrow since we have lots of ice as well. I need a five mile run badly!
January 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
6 miles on the treadmill thanks to Barenaked ladies, P!nk, journey, and Bon jovi!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search