Calling all runners! Check in thread :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 08:16 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
My eating has been good the last 2 days but I have been so sick that exercise hasn't really been there. I decided to power through today. I just finished 40 minutes on the elliptical and am still hoping to do a SHRED later today.

January 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Amanda - You were right about Lose it! Love that app/website. Add me as a friend, mtaylor0302@rogers.com

January 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
3 miles after work. Only had 40 mins while Jake ran for walking jogging club but did 9
Minute miles (usually 10 or 11 minute miler).
January 15th, 2011, 02:18 PM
6.5 outside today in 67 minutes. Only six more weeks until Disney...yikes.
January 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
You are doing awesome Jeanine! Keep it up.

40 minutes on the elliptical and a 30 day shred for me today.

January 15th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks! I've hit a wall though I definitely have to will myself to run lately. Part of it is Shaun being out of town and part of it is Charlotte not sleeping thru the night anymore. I'm exhausted!
January 16th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Yeah that must be hard. How long is Shaun gone for?

January 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Jeanine, that wall has placed itself right in front of me the past week.

I did a short workout on the treadmill Tuesday and then NOTHING until yesterday. My half is TEN weeks away and I haven't run over 6 miles. Same issues - working full time on 5 hours of sleep is not what I consider good training conditions. There was also snow on the ground up until yesterday and I was afraid of busting my butt on the ice.

So I only had half an hour yesterday during naps, so I ran for speed. 4 miles in 37 minutes. Today running parnter and I are doing another 4 miler and then tomorrow, since it's MLK, we are doing a long one. I am going to shoot for 7, but be happy with 6.

January 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
He's been gone for three weeks. He'll be back tuesday night just in time for my three day weekend to be over. Ugh. I'm used to him traveling several months out of the year but that was before having two kiddos. Much more trying. My neighbor had to watch the kids so I could get my run in. Good news is I lost another pound. 108.8 as of this morning!!!!! Finally! Two pounds below prepreg, 3 pounds above pre Jake weight!
January 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Congrats on the weight Jeanine. You are doing amazing. I can't imagine how hard it is. I think I would go crazy dealing with both kids all by myself for 3 weeks and I am not even back to work yet. You have a lot on your plate.

January 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Jeanine - I am by myself with my kids from 2-7 every Sunday and it is HARD! I don't know how in the world anyone can do it for days upon days.
108 is awesome!!! I am so impressed with that! I seem to eat more when I am by myself or stressed..wait, when I am by myself, I am more stressed. Anyway, keep up the good work momma!

Short 3 miler today because partner is not feeling well. She's going to to dr tomorrow, but still insists on running. I am not sure if we'll get 7 in, but like I said, I am going to shoot for that.

January 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I am curious to see the scale tmrw. Dunkin donuts coffee and hash browns this morning, half a burger and half an order of fries from red robin and steak, mashed ps loaded with butter for dinner... So bad On the eating part today. I eat like I'm still pregnant. Thank goodness I'm running like a crazy woman for now. I'm going to sign up for the Virginia beach rock and roll half in sept to keep me accountable and running because lord knows i love my nightly ice-cream!!!
January 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
6.52 in 72 minutes. S.L.O.W. today. My new gps app on my phone showed that mile two was my worst. Pretty accurate, I felt like poo during that mile!

Amanda-any advice on how to hit runner's high sooner than 4 miles in??? Is that just exhaustion and/or dehydration that delays it? I can't get into my runs lately until after 4 miles
January 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM
3 miles on Thursday during Jacob's walking/jogging club. Would have tried for more, but my partner needed to go pick up her kiddos so we called it a day. Going to try to run five tomorrow and 8 on Sunday at the lake again. It's going to be in the 20s with a wind chill of 17...yikes. Thank goodness for Underarmour.
January 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
6.52 in 72 minutes. S.L.O.W. today. My new gps app on my phone showed that mile two was my worst. Pretty accurate, I felt like poo during that mile!

Amanda-any advice on how to hit runner's high sooner than 4 miles in??? Is that just exhaustion and/or dehydration that delays it? I can't get into my runs lately until after 4 miles
Hey there - sorry, haven't checked in for a while.
So yeah, I have no clue about that runner's high. I can't get mine going until after 3.5. I will say, the food and water situation has a lot to do with it. Since I run at night, if I haven't had at least 60 ounces of water, I am worthless. We do our long runs on Saturday and Sunday morning. If I don't eat the right thing the night before, again...worthless.

I talked to some other runner friends, and I haven't found one person to reach the "comfortable" stage until after 3 miles. I guess we just endure the first half hour to make it through the other hours.

Your race is soooo close! I am so excited for you! You are going to do great!

Partner has 5th disease, so she was out all week. I went on the treadmill on Monday, Wednesday and today. Did 3 each time just because I had both boys. Not very conducive to workout longer than half an hour.
I hope to do a long one tomorrow it partner is feeling better. If not, I may just go for 6 on my own. I never do good running on my own...

January 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Tempo run today on the treadmill. I really had to watch my form today. I have a pretty bad case of runner's knee six miles today and two sprints towards the end at 1.5 mph faster than norm. Feel pretty good and no knee soreness the whole run, Hank goodness. Still thInking about an 8 miler tmrw but it is really really cold this weekend, might have to just suck it up and run in lots of layers. 36 more days...........
January 23rd, 2011, 12:49 PM
7.5 miles in 27 degree (feels like 17 degrees) weather. But I did it

Amanda-did you get your 6?

Last edited by J9+J+C=Complete; January 23rd, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
January 25th, 2011, 02:52 PM
4 miles. Was nice to do a low mile run today!
January 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
....hiding.....
Only did 4. I just suck donkey b@lls on the treadmill!

And if this **** snow doesn't go away I am going to go crazy. 4 again today on treadmill because I started snowing. I live in the south for cripes sake!

January 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Just think of all the energy you'll have to burn off when the snow is gone. I'm getting worried....we are about to get slammed in northern virginia. I am so close to the race and cannot afford to miss a long run weekend I have to do 8.5 on Saturday, 9 the following saturday, then 9.5, and 10 the last saturday before I drop down to just 5 mile runs the last week before. I HAVE to get these last long runs in and I HATE HATE HATE the treadmill past 5 miles!! Or even past one mile Wish me luck! I hope this storm hits hard today and tomorrow, but is gone by friday!!!

32 more days left.
4 more long run weekends.
18 more runs scheduled.
Weighed in at 110 this morning. ugh.
1,945,345,999 butterflies in my tummy!!!

Cant wait to be holding my race bib and my first medal!!
Can't wait to rock my 13.1 magnet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search