Christmas Lists for our LO's (what are good toys?)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
The grandparents are starting to shop and are asking us ideas as far as gifts for Aly.

What are some good gifts that can last a couple months?

She has enough teethers and lovies--I want toys (and books) that can potentially go up to a year. So, maybe at 7 1/2 months (Christmas time), she may not be that interested, but by March, she may love her new toy.

I don't know what to ask for.

November 5th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked my mom for a Fisher Price standing toy that hooks up to the tv. Laugh & Learn Learn & Move Music Station - Fisher-Price Online Toy Store It is a lot cheaper at the department stores than on this website.

I also asked for a toy laptop so he can beat on that instead of mine!

Jed is already using his walking toy - but maybe something that she can push behind and then turns into a riding toy. Jed's is a lion.

And his fave right now is an empty plastic tub! yep, like the kind you put shoes in. If you fill it with blocks, he will sit with it for a long time and take the blocks out and chew on them and then put the blocks in. It is hilarious.

November 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
stacking & sorting toys are good, soft blocks, balls, Lily is getting the FP laugh & learn house/home door thing (its on sale for $75 I think it is this week at TRU, cheaper then even Amazon) my 1st DD played with hers from her first xmas (she was born at the end of March) until I sold it when she was FIVE! I also want to get her the leapfrog table that I remember my first DD loving so much. Some sort of walk behind/push toy for either xmas or her 1st b'day, little board books (I read DD#1 an alphabet book almost daily, her request not mine, when she was pretty young and she shocked me as soon as she could talk one day in the tub picking up the foam letters and telling me each of their names, she had learned them from just watching/listening to me read w/o my even trying)... I know I have more on her wishlist, I'll check it later and report back.
November 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Books are always on my list- not just baby books, but ones you can read for the next few years.

Activity tables are a good toy: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table - Fisher-Price - Toys "R" Us

I got Abri a little plush doll since we already have some of the big toys left over from Lily.
November 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm wishing the grandparents would ask us for ideas so I could tell them books and puzzles and stuff...but I have a feeling they are jus going to buy random stuff so we'll see what we end up with.

DH already got Rachel some books and a toy I think she'll really like. I'm getting her Violet (leapfrog) and I'm debating on whether to get her an activity table or if I should wait until her 1st bday. Other than that...probably just a few more books and stuff that can last a while. I did get her 2 more pairs of babylegs and 2 headbands (thanks for the site Shannon! ) for her stocking!
November 5th, 2010, 12:52 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We're getting Kolbie some kind of push toy. We're pretty sure she'll be walking by Christmas. Either a grocery cart with food and stuff or a baby doll and stroller. I want something that we didn't get for Kaija.
November 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We always ask for books since most of them can be used for a variety of ages.

We have so many toys from Lily that I'm not sure what we might get. My friend is getting Vi the Violet dog (Leapfrog) because it shares her name

I think push toys are always good. Violet loves pushing ours around the house and many can convert to ride-on toys as well. Violet loves playing with balls and chasing them around the house, so I might just get her a ball popper or something like that.

November 5th, 2010, 07:18 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I've got a little dog that is very similar to violet but from a different brand that I can't remember at the moment. I'd actually forgotten I'd got it till I was looking at the LF ones.

Elijah LOOOOVES books so I'm going to get him a few cardboard ones with textures or bright colors to play with!

I also got a couple of play tubes because he is just on the brink of crawling and I know he will have a blast playing with those with his sister.

He also loves bouncy balls and anything that lights up and makes music!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
November 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're looking at an activity table and I also saw a cute drum. I think it was by Leap Frog.

November 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a lot from when Kellan was little so I'm not too sure what toys will be on Cohen's list.

We are definitely getting him something like this...
VTech Bouncing Turtle : Target
Our friends kids had one and Kellan loved it whenever we had playdates. Theirs was a zebra though if I'm not mistaken?? It says 18 m + up, but I'd rather get a lot of use out of it.

Oh, and the boys will be getting a wagon as a combined gift!

November 6th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're welcome, Lea!! I'm amazed at your restraint to save it for her stocking...shoot, I'll totally be putting all of Liv's stuff on her right away!! I got some zebra babylegs that I am SO excited about!

I'm planning on getting Livi an activity table and this musical book thing from V-tech that she really likes playing with when we see it in the store . Other than that, I probably won't get her too much.

For family, if they ask I'll tell them that books are always welcome, and other age appropriate toys. The problem is that we have 4 sets of grandparents between the two of us, so I don't want her to be overloaded with stuff for Christmas or birthdays. One of the grandmas is planning on starting up a bank account in her name, so I may see if they would get her a little something and then put the rest of what they would spend into her account. We're going to try really hard for her to not get super spoiled with loads of things at Christmas and birthdays.

November 6th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My in-laws have this: Fisher price learning home

We love it...Aiden started playing with it when he was Gavin's age (about 7 months) and he STILL loves the stinkin' thing and he's 2 now. I see they have a farm version now, too...that's super cute.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

November 6th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantastic27 View Post
You're welcome, Lea!! I'm amazed at your restraint to save it for her stocking...shoot, I'll totally be putting all of Liv's stuff on her right away!! I got some zebra babylegs that I am SO excited about!

For family, if they ask I'll tell them that books are always welcome, and other age appropriate toys. The problem is that we have 4 sets of grandparents between the two of us, so I don't want her to be overloaded with stuff for Christmas or birthdays. One of the grandmas is planning on starting up a bank account in her name, so I may see if they would get her a little something and then put the rest of what they would spend into her account. We're going to try really hard for her to not get super spoiled with loads of things at Christmas and birthdays.
I don't know who I'm kidding...I'm sure I'll put them on her right away too..haha!

I'm the same way with not wanting her to be super spoiled with lots of stuff...but I'm not sure how to say it without coming off super b-tchy. We've hinted that she has her own account and that money for that account would be super welcome, but we'll see. I understand that they are her grandparents and they want to get her stuff...I just dont' want them to go super crazy. I just wish they would ask what kind of stuff she needs or doesn't have...they want to keep it all a secret from us too so I'm sure we'll be ending up with duplicates.
November 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are getting the girls a big playhouse-those big plastic ones that they can play in. Well "Santa" is getting them that. My mom still has the one she got my sister (who is 18) and it is still in great shape and Kinley loves playing with it at her house. We will put it in their room (if it will fit Lol) until the summer, then we'll move it outside. Kinley LOVES playing house-and I know Karsyn will love going in it with her to play. I've also just bought Karsyn a spinning Winnie the Pooh toy that lights up and plays music (on clearance at target.com). Kinley already has a little tikes shopping cart, vanity, play kitchen, car and a ride on pony....so Karsyn is pretty much set on big toys like that. I know they will both be able to play with the play house for years! Other than that, I'll be getting Karsyn some little toys ( we dont need any more books! lol) and clothes.

November 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM
TettymuhBear's Avatar Brandi
I think we're at least gonna get this for Cade: YouTube - Fisher-Price Lil' Zoomers Spinnin' Sounds Speedway

I wanna get him a push walker thing too. I haven't really thought about it too much, I just came across that fisher price speedway in an ad the other day.

November 6th, 2010, 11:41 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
I got this for alexa and she LOVES LOVE LOVES it I got it from target for like 15 bucks but i let her try it first and she loves it she has played with it (in the box) for a few days and cried when I took it from her to wrap it tonight since my brother will be home and we are doin an early christmas for him (he is comin home for 2 weeks from afghanistan) but yeah here it is NEW V-Tech Learn & Discover Driver on eBay!

we are also gettin her this for christmas its about 50 or 60 dollars but its also a crib toy and I think it would last her a few years shoot I even think its pretty awesome and my mom even wants one for her room lol YouTube - Yookidoo Kaleidodisk

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

November 7th, 2010, 02:29 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom has been asking about Christmas already too. I did a lot of browsing online and went to a lot of sites that had "best toys for 2010-2011" to get some ideas. I made a list of about 7 or 8 things I like. This is what is on my list:
-yookidoo flow and fill bath spout
-scout from leapfrog
-one of those ring stacker things
-an activity/music table by vtech
-v tech sit to stand push toy
-a couple of different kinds of blocks

I think I'm missing a couple things, I'll look in the morning when I have my computer and not my phone and report back!
-

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

November 7th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm printing this post out! These are great tips and toys. I want a lot of books fo'sure--but I'm clueless when it comes to what's hot for infant toys. Now, makeup and hair--'m all over that.

Thanks!

November 7th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissySTL View Post
My mom has been asking about Christmas already too. I did a lot of browsing online and went to a lot of sites that had "best toys for 2010-2011" to get some ideas. I made a list of about 7 or 8 things I like. This is what is on my list:
-yookidoo flow and fill bath spout
-scout from leapfrog
-one of those ring stacker things
-an activity/music table by vtech
-v tech sit to stand push toy
-a couple of different kinds of blocks

I think I'm missing a couple things, I'll look in the morning when I have my computer and not my phone and report back!
-
We saw this at the mall on Friday and put that on our to buy list for Cohen, but I think Kellan will love it even at 3!! We have the V Tech sit to stand toy too...Cohen loves the "sit" part!

November 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyGuys View Post
We saw this at the mall on Friday and put that on our to buy list for Cohen, but I think Kellan will love it even at 3!! We have the V Tech sit to stand toy too...Cohen loves the "sit" part!
I was thinking the same thing about the bath toy, seems like something that will last for awhile and entertain a range of ages. Good to hear you have the vtech sit to stand toy and your LO enjoys it.....there are SO MANY options when it comes to most toys it can be hard to make a decision. I just bought the fill and flow spout for my friends baby who is turning 1 next week and I also picked one up for my SIL's baby for christmas. I think that toy is going to be a hit!

And for everyone...here is my actual list. I copy/pasted it so I hope the links work.

1) SCOUTLEAPFROG

2) YOOKIDOOFLOWANDFILLSPOUT

3) LEARNANDGROOVEACTIVITYTABLE

4) Amazon.com: Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker: Toys & Games

5) Vtech Baby's Learning Laptop - Best Price

6) Fisher Price Rock-a-Stack - Best Price

7) ABC Blocks for Baby: Soft First Blocks with Lasting Play Value

I get this magazine in the mail sometimes called One Step Ahead. They have a website www.onestepahead.com and they have really neat baby toys!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search