A reminder from Jamie to the Mommas...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Jamie would like to remind any mommas who use a Pack-N-Play that the LOs are now reaching (or are over) the weight limit and ability levels for the bassinet insert. That means if you have a Pack-N-Play with the bassinet (the mattress that sits about 12 inches from the top) it is time to remove the bassinet and drop the mattress down to the bottom setting, close to the floor. Yes, it means having to bend much further down to put the LOs in (be careful with your backs), but its important. Most of the PNPs have a 15lb weight limit for the bassinet feature (I only learned this by chance when checking something else in the manual) and of course once the LOs can sit up on their own, get on their knees, pull up, etc. it becomes dangerous to have them up this high. We don't want any LOs toppling out, grabbing at the straps that hold the mattress up or pulling the music attachment loose and getting to the wires. (I kept wondering why Jamie's music/vibration attachment was turning itself off. It wasn't! He was getting up on his knees and leaning on the buttons!)

If your PNP has a changing table attachment most of them are still safe to use up to 20 or 25lbs (check the owner's manual) but again, this is something they can pull up on so remember to fold/swing it out of the way when not in use and when the LOs are playing in the PNP.

I am sad One more sign that time is zooming along. Also Jamie the music/vibrations have really helped with Jamie's naps. We will both miss them.

November 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Excellent reminder!! I'd be willing to bet that most of our crib mattresses also need to be lowered soon. If you have 3 levels it's good to move to the middle height when your LO is sitting up. The lowest is for when they are pulling up!
November 6th, 2010, 10:02 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
UGH!!! I dropped Ashlyn's crib today thinking she couldn't pull up in it. Boy was i WRONG!!!! I just went in to try & get her back to sleep and she was standing there waiting for me. When I saw her I said hey what are you doing there and she literally started laughing.

I'm just really so glad I had dropped it down though. This was the first time she's ever pulled herself to standing in it...if she had done it at it's highest setting she totally could have fallen out. Getting her in it is going to be so hard now that it's gotta go all the way down. I know my bf is useless when it comes to that stuff so i won't get any help there.

November 6th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
And while I'm at it (can you tell I've been babyproofing all day!!!) - don't forget to double check that your cribs, pack-n-plays and exersaucers are not close enough to anything the LOs can grab if they reach far enough - shelves, blinds, strings and ropes of any sort, etc. These little geniuses can stre-e-e-e-tch when they want something badly enough and sometimes they seem to develop skills overnight (like Ashlyn pulling up in the crib). I left Jamie in his exersaucer for a second and when I came back he had stretched just far enough to reach a box on the coffeetable. He was chewing on the plastic packaging that was sticking out of the box. Thank goodness nothing worse happened but it was a good reminder.

November 7th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you guys know if the travel cribs (they're smaller Pack N Plays by Graco) have a different weight limit in general? We have one, and the bassinet feature says there is a 15 lb weight limit, but I don't know if that applies to the whole thing as well since it's small?

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
November 7th, 2010, 06:15 AM
I think the weight limit on the bottom part of our PnP is around 25 lb. so I'd guess the travel cribs are the same. Usually there is a label of some kind on it with the limits. See if you can find that maybe?
November 7th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
If you can't find the weight limit on the label try looking up the product on the Graco website. They usually list the weight limit. Or if you bought it at somewhere like Babies R Us they usually list it on the website under the product description.

November 7th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks ladies. Just went to the Graco website and the limit for the whole thing is 15 lbs! I don't have it right now cause it's at my MIL's in CO, but I was planning on using it when we came out for Thanksgiving. Now I have to go get something else. AH!

They should make it capable of supporting the same amount of weight as the bigger ones.

November 7th, 2010, 10:54 AM
What one do you have? I looked it up and most of their mini cribs have a max. weight of 30 lb? It seems silly to have such a low weight limit...
November 7th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good reminder! We stopped using the bassinet part a while ago because Vi is so mobile. She's already trying to climb out of the Pack 'n Play with the mattress on the bottom, so I usually only use it for naps now and not playtime.

November 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good reminder! We took M out of the bassinet part a couple months ago and it is a huge pain to get him in there if he's already asleep but oh well i suppose!

Oh and i totally agree with the reaching around them part.... I had M in his bumbo on the kitchen counter a few weeks ago and he totally decapitated our cookie jar, i didnt realize he could reach it.

November 7th, 2010, 07:57 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
thats a good reminder, I need to take the bassinet part out of our pack n play at home its out of the others but Zepp does pull him self up but he usually only in there to sleep

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

November 7th, 2010, 10:13 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just moved Kerrington out of the bassinet 3 weeks ago do to her being able to stand up and crawl. We put her in the crib and we had to also move that down due to her being to tall for it.

November 8th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylene169 View Post
What one do you have? I looked it up and most of their mini cribs have a max. weight of 30 lb? It seems silly to have such a low weight limit...
Mylene, we have the Graco Travel Lite mini playard. I think it's silly too. If you pay like 80 bucks for the thing, you should be able to use it for longer than a couple months.

November 8th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Brandy, you may want to check again. I just don't want you to feel like you got screwed, KWIM? I was just looking again on the Graco site and it just said the bassinet weight limit is 15 lb. but the Graco site didn't say anything about the bottom part weight limit, which is weird I thought, but I'd assume it's 25-30 lb. The description on Amazon or Walmart say the total weight limit is that.

Or give them a call! They'll be able to tell you for sure. And if it really is 15 lb. then you can complain
November 8th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Tiny Loves
I have a pnp but it gets like zero usage. Naps are almost nonexistent, and he stands on his own now. boy time is flying!

November 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylene169 View Post
Brandy, you may want to check again. I just don't want you to feel like you got screwed, KWIM? I was just looking again on the Graco site and it just said the bassinet weight limit is 15 lb. but the Graco site didn't say anything about the bottom part weight limit, which is weird I thought, but I'd assume it's 25-30 lb. The description on Amazon or Walmart say the total weight limit is that.

Or give them a call! They'll be able to tell you for sure. And if it really is 15 lb. then you can complain
I will definitely call. My computer isn't letting me go back onto the Graco site to double check, but Target is saying the total limit is 15lbs also. Thanks, Mylene! I'm hoping it IS 25-30 lbs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search